Is character model update coming this year?

I read somewhere on reddit that they are going to update the character models and give Templar some pants?

When will this likely happen?

Also Gender classes would be great for diversity as I believe in equality.

Like a Female Duelist and male witch etc

The character models look absolutely disgusting and nasty in this game, I did my part by purchasing a supporter pack I did the best I could do in order to help GGG get the funds so they can stop treating me like dog shit, and actually put some effort into the character models, animations and physics.

This is a fantasy ARPG game, for the very least women should actually look like women, armor should actually have some effort put into it so that it actually looks like armor for women. You know the BASIC things that you can find in literally every other game?

This game got updated skill effects and maps that look amazing yet the character models continue to look like something out of the early 90's or something, absolutely cheap and lazy effort on GGG's part for ignoring this issue for so long despite the huge amount of money they have made.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jan 13, 2018 9:39:19 PM
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2018 7:37:58 AM
Link to reddit where that is written? I doubt it.

As for character models in general, they are very expensive to make. Now, you can argue that GGG makes a lot more money than they used to, but they have also stated more than once that models of the other gender are unlikely. I also don't get why it would be needed, but it seems like it is very important to some people.
Un-gate content.
^ This is the link to reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6t035y/templar_will_get_pants_confirmed/

It was apparently confirmed by GGG
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jan 13, 2018 8:58:12 AM
It's about time. So long overdue. The Templar runs like a middle-aged house wife with saggy tits. Once you see it you cannot unsee.

My biggest gripe is hero interaction with MTX. They should respond to items and not just have them tossed over their default clothing. For example if you equip something like Briskwrap, it looks terrible:

Scion_Briskwrap

What GGG ought to do is implement a model for reach hero that is basically them in bra/undwear, so when items are equipped on them, their original clothing doesn't basically overshadow it. Or else what's the point you can't run those you might as well just use a vanishing dye and go straight default.

Then you have the obvious problems with skinning weapon classes. Why GGG can't implement skins properly I will never figure out. If you skin a mace with a sword skin, the hero still holds it like a mace. Why they can't adjust their stance??? Would that honestly break the game??? Ok I get it, skinning a 2h with a 1h would be weird. I think it should still be possible but ok, I get it. But if it's possible for a sword to skin a mace/axe, then who is going to be happy with their hero holding the hilt with one hand and the blade with the other???

Lastly, heroes really ought to have different run speeds based on their movement rate. Characters look fine when they have like 10% movement speed. But once you get into end game, and have 60%, they look like a Benny Hill clip. It's ridiculous and comedic all at once. I play other games and most have different animations for when a hero is walking and running. Not POE. Everyone walks and then they just speed up the walking... like come on guys. Just rounding out some of the rough edges would go a looooong way to refining the game.

Deliver pain exquisite
Also, why is nothing sexy in Wraeclast???? It's a fictional universe. None of the items look good on the women. None. They are all made for the males and then shrunk down. We really can't have some sex appeal? Are the devs Mormons or something. What gives? Every other game, even in the same genre, all have so much nicer looking things! But in Wraeclast, everyone looks so damn miserable like ok you got exiled GET OVER IT!!!
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Completed 36 Challenges_Tiem wrote:
Also, why is nothing sexy in Wraeclast???? It's a fictional universe. None of the items look good on the women. None. They are all made for the males and then shrunk down. We really can't have some sex appeal? Are the devs Mormons or something. What gives? Every other game, even in the same genre, all have so much nicer looking things! But in Wraeclast, everyone looks so damn miserable like ok you got exiled GET OVER IT!!!

I'm curious. Why is this such a big selling point for you, specifically for just women in particular? You don't really seem to mention wanting any male models to have the same opportunity.

I can posit a theory as to why the art direction is what it is (and I support it 100%), but I'm hesitant to mention it in the event that it would change your answer. The observation problem, and all.

This could be a can-of-worms moment, but I'm actually really just curious in what the honest answer is. Scientific curiosity is so hard to explain and satisfy on the intarwebs. :/
I hope we won't be able to choose gender. If they wanted to equalize or whatever the fine, but keep the Diablo 2 "this hero is always female/male" pls. Updated models would be nice though
"
Completed 36 Challenges_Tiem wrote:
Are the devs Mormons or something. !

You obviously have never paid attention to the amount of boobage in the game, heck one boss has 4. Also the globe holders have been mainly non-mormon statues...
"
I hope we won't be able to choose gender. If they wanted to equalize or whatever the fine, but keep the Diablo 2 "this hero is always female/male" pls. Updated models would be nice though

I'm torn. On the one hand, I would love the ability to choose gender (mostly because I find it hard to play male characters, period - I imagine the reverse is true for a lot of guys as well? It just feels weird in the brainpan). On the other, I do accept and appreciate the last-known reason for not.

The devs have commented that each player character avatar is a SPECIFIC character with a specific personality - and they've mostly sold that with the dialogue that plays when you do certain things and get to certain areas. They're not interchangeable people.

(WARNING: If you're triggered by comparisons to other games, stop reading here. Just don't do it. Ain't worth it.)

The Diablo series up until 3 mostly didn't have that going for them (as it NEVER mattered what your character choice was as far as the story was concerned, and you were for the most part a Heroic Mime with only as much character and personality as you, the player, put there; Link would say 'Hi' for a specific example of another series that does this, but... yanno. MIME.), and three did a good job of creating a duality in that each character in 3 is DIFFERENT and has a personality, but for character classes they are mostly compatible and thus it doesn't matter as much what your gender is (or which version of that archetype you are, basically).

That's harder to pull off (a), and doesn't allow quite the depth that GGG has gone with here (b). Notably, there is a lot less dialogue and personality actually displayed in Diablo 3 then there is for characters here. Both paths are mostly executed very well for what they were going with, IMO.

A lot of ARPGs tend to continue the D1&2 'heroic mime' trend, with the last one that didn't being Sacred (to an extent - it really jumped off the bandwagon as a series, didn't it?) in at least so far as 2. But again, there was a lacking of depth, and more importantly it came off as more of a mid-point between the two options.

(DISCLAIMER: I like ARPGs as a whole. I don't necessarily find one superior to the other, and feel that competition breeds innovation, and support different development teams to do their thing the best they can. I can play all of'em that I really like and like'em for what they are.)
"
Completed 19 ChallengesFoxfirega wrote:

I'm curious. Why is this such a big selling point for you, specifically for just women in particular? You don't really seem to mention wanting any male models to have the same opportunity.

I can posit a theory as to why the art direction is what it is (and I support it 100%), but I'm hesitant to mention it in the event that it would change your answer. The observation problem, and all.

This could be a can-of-worms moment, but I'm actually really just curious in what the honest answer is. Scientific curiosity is so hard to explain and satisfy on the intarwebs. :/

It's not such a big selling point. Don't turn it into a "hey, if I don't get playboy models in Wraeclast, Ima riot!" I was just asking because all the armor is universal it would be nice to have something for the women (everything seems to be made for the men, or I guess as GGG thinks "unisex").

And it's because I'm a straight male. So I find women appealing. Aesthetically. And I like to look at pleasing things. There isn't anything sinister and I shouldn't want both women and men just because it's 2018. If you prefer men, by all means, write to GGG and ask them

I have nothing against the men being sexy, I just don't care either way. And in all honesty, I wouldn't be opposed to some bare chested Spartan style outfits on them.

GGG just sticks to this scheme that's really devoid of any kind of sex appeal... men and women.
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info