Let's discuss Trade Etiquette

"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
Your arguments are so moronic, man.

Mm-okay. And calling someone who was trade scammed in this game, and I quote; "a shitty scumbag" is not?


Sure, if you only copy half the context and pretend you are correct in your statement.
www.youtube.com/captainwarlord

Appreciate your support.
"
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
Your arguments are so moronic, man.

Mm-okay. And calling someone who was trade scammed in this game, and I quote; "a shitty scumbag" is not?


Sure, if you only copy half the context and pretend you are correct in your statement.

I didn't make any statement, I quoted something you said and used it to ask you a question.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
Last edited by Vresiberba on Jan 14, 2018 5:43:51 AM
"
Vresiberba wrote:

"
GGG put in place a system that allows you to check (unlike in the faulty car example) exactly what you get. If anyone puts into that trade window anything else than what you demanded (and let's assume, less than you demanded) and you accept that without checking, then of course you have done something wrong (again, not morally or legally)..

No. You may have been careless, but wrong, absolutely not. Like I said before, adding extra layers of security is a good thing, but not doing it is not wrong simply because it's not something that you have to do.

Well, obviously it is something you have to do, since there are bad people out there that would scam you otherwise. :D
For me this discussion is closed now. It's the whole "GGG scammed me by making the belt movespeed mod cost a Divine" (no, those were not your actual words) all over again.
You just refuse to take any responsibility for your own faults.
We do agree that a scamming is a no go - you are unable to see, however, that depending on the situation it's your fault when you get scammed.
So be it.
Have a nice day.
[quote="Michael_GGG"]However because we're reasonable people we decided against extending RNG into account bans.[/quote]
Bird lover of Wraeclast
"
You just refuse to take any responsibility for your own faults.

Yes, this discussion is indeed very over!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2048023/page/4#p15102327
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2048023/page/5#p15102869

Twice did I say I fucked up, TWICE! Is that me "refusing to take any responsibility for my own faults", Mikrotherion? Really?

"

You seriously need to look up what a scam is.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/scam
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
Last edited by Vresiberba on Jan 14, 2018 7:30:30 AM
"
Vresiberba wrote:

Since the buyer more than likely already have the required item for trade upon arriving at the seller's hideout, you as a buyer should not be the one initiating trade, the seller should since he likely is still looking for the item.

I totally disagree. You, as a buyer don't have to do anything - the least you can do is send the trade request. So me, as a seller, after finding the item can immediately accept the request and do the trade instead of having to close the stash and initiate the trade myself.
"
Completed 24 Challengesalmostdead wrote:
"
Vresiberba wrote:

Since the buyer more than likely already have the required item for trade upon arriving at the seller's hideout, you as a buyer should not be the one initiating trade, the seller should since he likely is still looking for the item.

I totally disagree. You, as a buyer don't have to do anything - the least you can do is send the trade request. So me, as a seller, after finding the item can immediately accept the request and do the trade instead of having to close the stash and initiate the trade myself.

Yeah, well, stop doing that, it's incredibly annoying seeing that pop-up while I'm in the middle of several other windows looking your your item. Wait for the seller to initiate trade.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
One more thing to add: if you got an invite (and still want to buy), accept it. If you leave it open, the seller might think you are still busy doing other stuff or afk or whatever and stay in his map even though you are already in his hideout.
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
Completed 24 Challengesalmostdead wrote:
"
Vresiberba wrote:

Since the buyer more than likely already have the required item for trade upon arriving at the seller's hideout, you as a buyer should not be the one initiating trade, the seller should since he likely is still looking for the item.

I totally disagree. You, as a buyer don't have to do anything - the least you can do is send the trade request. So me, as a seller, after finding the item can immediately accept the request and do the trade instead of having to close the stash and initiate the trade myself.

Yeah, well, stop doing that, it's incredibly annoying seeing that pop-up while I'm in the middle of several other windows looking your your item. Wait for the seller to initiate trade.

Yep. Wait for the seller to initiate trade or at least until the movement of the char indicates that they are done searching the item.
[quote="Michael_GGG"]However because we're reasonable people we decided against extending RNG into account bans.[/quote]
Bird lover of Wraeclast
"
Completed 23 Challengeskuddman wrote:
One more thing to add: if you got an invite (and still want to buy), accept it. If you leave it open, the seller might think you are still busy doing other stuff or afk or whatever and stay in his map even though you are already in his hideout.


Added.
www.youtube.com/captainwarlord

Appreciate your support.
If you are looking for a 1 alch item then just send a whisper to 40 sellers at the same time.
Doing this you will eventualy get your items in an hour or two if you are lucky.

/irony off


To make it clear, if a seller doesn't answer within 15 seconds i just move to next one he is selling something, he want to get money for it, he has to work for it and deserve it that's it.
No effort no money simple as that.

Somebody learned it the hard way few days ago, i wanted to buy a few exalt item ( 8.5ex ) seller wasn't answering me, typed /whois he was in Uber lab. Decided to wait a bit ( 2 mins ) then moved on.

Anndd he sent me a message to explain me that he was doing labyrinth ten mins later.
Guess what i ruined his day and i'm not sorry for that.

Trading is already boring and frustrating as hell in this game i'm not going to wait more than necessary if somebody decide to be lazy to simply write " i will contact you soon " even "asadgfafa" will do aslong you tell buyer you are around.

Simple maths: few exalted orbs VS few chaos offering of the goddess. Who the hell would finish his lab for god sake just leave it do the sale and start a new lab after ! How hard it is to understand.

Damn it would be fun if customers all days were coming to me and i was like " yeah ok buddy wait few hours i finish my poker game first " or wasn't even answering them at all.

Customer is king. Golden rule no matter if it's in a game or not, since there are a lot of comparison with RL in forum topic about trading here is probably the most accurate one.
Glad if this explanation can help some players to understand why they don't sell anything at all.

Short trading etiquette:

Be efficient, be polite, respect the ancestrals golden rules.
Work for both buyer and seller.
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jan 14, 2018 8:38:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info