Let's discuss Trade Etiquette

"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
"
Vresiberba wrote:

You're still not at fault for what the thief does, only for leaving your door open, but leaving your door open is not wrong. It's not your "fault" for leaving a door open, this is not an activity you can technically be at "fault" for doing anymore than leaving the security of your home and then be robbed at gun point on the street. That you're in breach of a possible contractual position with your insurance company does not imply fault in any way, shape or form.

Perhaps we have different understandings of the term "fault" here.

Obviously.

Thus all further discussion seems futile.
[quote="Michael_GGG"]However because we're reasonable people we decided against extending RNG into account bans.[/quote]
Bird lover of Wraeclast
1) I pm the seller about wanting to buy his stuff.
2) The seller replies "busy, map\lab\lich\boss\whatever".
3) I say "Sure, i'll wait, inv when you're done".

I always thought this is how it works. In this scenario, the seller knows that i want to buy his stuff, and he also knows that i'm waiting for when he's done with whatever he's busy with.

If the seller does not reply after several minutes, there are two scenarios. If i really, really want this particular item from this particular guy, i'm pming him again with "hey, you done yet?". If there are alternatives that can be found, i'll just assume the guy has goldfish memory and move on.

"
Completed 29 ChallengesnskLantash wrote:
1) I pm the seller about wanting to buy his stuff.
2) The seller replies "busy, map\lab\lich\boss\whatever".
3) I say "Sure, i'll wait, inv when you're done".

I always thought this is how it works. In this scenario, the seller knows that i want to buy his stuff, and he also knows that i'm waiting for when he's done with whatever he's busy with.

If the seller does not reply after several minutes, there are two scenarios. If i really, really want this particular item from this particular guy, i'm pming him again with "hey, you done yet?". If there are alternatives that can be found, i'll just assume the guy has goldfish memory and move on.

Seems reasonable.
[quote="Michael_GGG"]However because we're reasonable people we decided against extending RNG into account bans.[/quote]
Bird lover of Wraeclast

Being shot in the torso on the street. Who's "fault" is that, if you left your kevlar at home?

Ok, I see myself out
Straw Polls will save humankind! It is known!
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 13, 2018 2:04:29 PM
"
Completed 12 ChallengesPhrazz wrote:

Being shot in the torso on the street. Who's "fault" is that, if you left your kevlar at home?

Ok, I see myself out

I never leave home without my power armor. You guys try to use hyperboles, but the game exactly shows what is in the trade window before accepting. Spend these 5 seconds to confirm what is there and you won't get scammed. We all can read right?
"
Completed 24 Challengesalmostdead wrote:
"

DO NOT initiate trade/spam trade request EVER. You wait for the seller to initiate trade. This. This is possibly one of the most annoying things you can do. I personally kick them and put them on ignore if they keep doing it. I'm looking for your item, give me some time to find it. No need to be rude and pushy, it just pisses people off as trivial as this may seem.

not initiating trade is the most annoying thing ever. please DO initiate the trade once you arrive in the hideout immediately

In fact it's extremely annoying when the buyer hits trade. It's like dude, I know you want it, I know you're ready. I'LL hit trade once I find it in my stash and I"m ready to trade.
"
Thus all further discussion seems futile.

It is if you're hell bent on assigning blame on people who have done nothing wrong.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
Completed 24 Challengesnubmaycry wrote:
"

Ok, I see myself out

I never leave home without my power armor. You guys try to use hyperboles, but the game exactly shows what is in the trade window before accepting. Spend these 5 seconds to confirm what is there and you won't get scammed. We all can read right?

"You guys"? Only thing I'm guilty of, is a bad joke. I know the trading window and its mechanics are there for a reason. But the sad thing is that the bad guy's actions always get overlooked by the victims naivety.
Straw Polls will save humankind! It is known!
"
But the sad thing is that the bad guy's actions always get overlooked by the victims naivety.

Which basically means that bad things need to happen first in order for the innocent lamb to learn. So tragic. Not like this applies in everyday life anyway.
www.youtube.com/captainwarlord

Appreciate your support.
@CaptainWARLORD

Spot on with all in OP.

I too am so tired of the trade window in my way
when i'm looking for an item and have to move
stuff around in my inventory to make room and they
keep opening it up.

People, just check what you are buying before you click accept,
if it's the wrong item click cancel and say that's not the right
item. Most of the time they just made a mistake.

Sellers make sure the currency is correct.

If you get the wrong item or currency it is YOUR OWN FAULT.
YOU SCAMMED YOURSELF. Take responsibility and stop blaming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info