Let's discuss Trade Etiquette

"

Come back to me when you have multiple whispers a minute. It gets tiresome to keep track of who wants to buy what.


I understand perfectly that you are writing these rules from a "I trade a lot" perspective. But again, start thinking about it from the buyers perspective for a second. He's whispering you, you are in a map, and you are reluctant to whisper him when you're done. On top of that, you are maybe spending five seconds in your hideout before the next map.

What chances does the buyer here have, beside spamming you every other minute, HOPING to catch you during those five seconds you may be spending in your hideout?

I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm not saying your perspective is wrong. I'm saying there are more than one perspective. You wanted to DISCUSS this, you even say so in title, then asking me to come back when I trade as much as you? So you only want to discuss this with... People that sell ALOT?

I guess your high horse is to tall for me. I'm out. You clearly do NOT want to discuss this.
Straw Polls will save humankind! It is known!
"
And if you leave your door open and a thief steals your stuff, your insurance (if you have one) won't pay or pay less than what was stolen because it was partly your fault.

You're still not at fault for what the thief does, only for leaving your door open, but leaving your door open is not wrong. It's not your "fault" for leaving a door open, this is not an activity you can technically be at "fault" for doing anymore than leaving the security of your home and then be robbed at gun point on the street. That you're in breach of a possible contractual position with your insurance company does not imply fault in any way, shape or form.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
Completed 21 ChallengesVresiberba wrote:
"
And if you leave your door open and a thief steals your stuff, your insurance (if you have one) won't pay or pay less than what was stolen because it was partly your fault.

You're still not at fault for what the thief does, only for leaving your door open, but leaving your door open is not wrong. It's not your "fault" for leaving a door open, this is not an activity you can technically be at "fault" for doing anymore than leaving the security of your home and then be robbed at gun point on the street. That you're in breach of a possible contractual position with your insurance company does not imply fault in any way, shape or form.

Perhaps we have different understandings of the term "fault" here. Of course it's not legally wrong to leave your door open and you won't get into any legal trouble, whereas the thief will.
You're still responsible for the security of your home, so when you make it too easy for a thief to break in and steal your stuff, it's partly your fault - which is why, for example, an insurance probably not reimburse you for the whole loss.
[quote="Michael_GGG"]However because we're reasonable people we decided against extending RNG into account bans.[/quote]
Bird lover of Wraeclast
"
Completed 25 ChallengesPhrazz wrote:
I understand perfectly that you are writing these rules from a "I trade a lot" perspective. But again, start thinking about it from the buyers perspective for a second. He's whispering you, you are in a map, and you are reluctant to whisper him when you're done. On top of that, you are maybe spending five seconds in your hideout before the next map.


No, you obviously do not understand. I'm not a flipper/trader/shop guy, I just trade crafted stuff/maps/valuable drops and trash uniques.

But if the buyer does not give me some sort of "Ok, gotcha" in any way, then I am simply left to assume he moved on to the next, WHICH HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. That is why I no longer bother with people who do not reply back after I send them my "I'm busy" message.

"
Completed 25 ChallengesPhrazz wrote:
You wanted to DISCUSS this, you even say so in title, then asking me to come back when I trade as much as you? So you only want to discuss this with... People that sell ALOT?

I guess your high horse is to tall for me. I'm out. You clearly do NOT want to discuss this.


Yeah, I do. I don't have a high horse to sit on or a throne to talk down from. I'm simply not enjoying repeating myself tenfold because you refuse to listen.
www.youtube.com/captainwarlord

Appreciate your support.
"
I don't have a high horse to sit on or a throne to talk down from. I'm simply not enjoying repeating myself tenfold because you refuse to agree with me.


Fixed that for you.
"
Completed 21 ChallengesVresiberba wrote:

Nope. If I sell you a faulty car, it's I who am at fault. If you scam me out of a trade, it's you how are at fault.


here's the thing.

you literally CANNOT buy the car without checking if it works properly.
and if someone sells you a faulty car, you check it, confirm it that it is indeed faulty. but dont care cos you're in a hurry, then after that it is your fault.
Last edited by shaunika90 on Jan 13, 2018 12:10:04 PM
"
Completed 37 Challengesshaunika90 wrote:
"
Completed 21 ChallengesVresiberba wrote:

Nope. If I sell you a faulty car, it's I who am at fault. If you scam me out of a trade, it's you how are at fault.


here's the thing.

you literally CANNOT buy the car without checking if it works properly.

And here's another thing; you literally CAN NOT be 100% safe from people who scam you.

"
Completed 37 Challengesshaunika90 wrote:
after that it is your fault.

If it's an unknown fault, then yes (it's more on an accident than anyone being at "fault", though). If it's a known fault and the seller knows about it, then no.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
Last edited by Vresiberba on Jan 13, 2018 12:54:17 PM
"
"
Completed 21 ChallengesVresiberba wrote:
"
And if you leave your door open and a thief steals your stuff, your insurance (if you have one) won't pay or pay less than what was stolen because it was partly your fault.

You're still not at fault for what the thief does, only for leaving your door open, but leaving your door open is not wrong. It's not your "fault" for leaving a door open, this is not an activity you can technically be at "fault" for doing anymore than leaving the security of your home and then be robbed at gun point on the street. That you're in breach of a possible contractual position with your insurance company does not imply fault in any way, shape or form.

Perhaps we have different understandings of the term "fault" here.

Obviously.

"
You're still responsible for the security of your home, so when you make it too easy for a thief to break in and steal your stuff, it's partly your fault

It's never your fault for something that another person does. Ever. You are responsible for what you do, period, and unless you're in on the theft, you're 100% without blame... for the THEFT!

"
which is why, for example, an insurance probably not reimburse you for the whole loss.

Being at fault for someone else breaking into your house and failing to uphold a contract are two whooooole different things.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"

But if the buyer does not give me some sort of "Ok, gotcha" in any way, then I am simply left to assume he moved on to the next, WHICH HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. That is why I no longer bother with people who do not reply back after I send them my "I'm busy" message.


Of course he should give you a "Ok, gotcha", I was never debating this. I was debating the part where you made it sound like it's the BUYERS "job" to message the SELLER after the SELLER is done with his map, like he could automatically know when the seller is done with his map, without sitting around for two minutes spamming /whois, hoping to catch him before his next map.
Straw Polls will save humankind! It is known!
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 13, 2018 12:55:58 PM
"
Completed 25 ChallengesPhrazz wrote:
I was debating the part where you made it sound like it's the BUYERS "job" to message the SELLER after the SELLER is done with his map, like he could automatically know when the seller is done with his map, without sitting around for two minutes spamming /whois, hoping to catch him before his next map.


I will rephrase it in the OP then. Thanks for the suggestion.
www.youtube.com/captainwarlord

Appreciate your support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info