Let's discuss Trade Etiquette

"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
ALWAYS carefully check the trade window for the correct items, no matter how much in a hurry you are, BEFORE you click accept! If you get scammed during this, it's your own fault.

Absolutely not! It's never, ever, your fault if you're scammed.

No? Can people disguise scroll fragments as chaos orbs or something like that? If they give you less than you wanted and accept, that is your fault.


@Warlord
Preaching to the choir, I think. Or rather... probably only those people will read and heed your advice who already did so.
Thanks for trying, though.
[quote="Michael_GGG"]However because we're reasonable people we decided against extending RNG into account bans.[/quote]
Bird lover of Wraeclast
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
ALWAYS carefully check the trade window for the correct items, no matter how much in a hurry you are, BEFORE you click accept! If you get scammed during this, it's your own fault.

Absolutely not! It's never, ever, your fault if you're scammed.


Yes, it fucking is. All these scam posts about the wrong item are ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY your own fault! The trade window is designed that way that you cannot accept trade unless you personally check the item AND click accept.

The only time I agree someone got scammed is when they don't know how to price an item and sell for way lower than intended. That is a scam. What you describe is not a scam, it's a scam attempt that you let slide by your own laziness.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ www.youtube.com/captainwarlord ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
"
Completed 12 ChallengesHallsttattian wrote:

Why should the buyer be the only one held responsible for completing a trade? As a abuyer you say I should /whois the seller. For what? To see him entering another map çause he "forgot" about the trade?



Yep, typical stupidity sellers mentality.
Something never changes in PoE.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"

Absolutely not. You want something. I have no obligation to sell to you at any point or time. If you don't want to engage in trade, go play SSF.

It's not that easy. Because GGG won't give us an automated auction house, it's up to us, players, to create and maintain the market in PoE. And how well that market operates depends, among other things, on our attitude to our fellow players. Having the attitude of "I don't owe you anything, I don't wanna waste my time on a small trade, fuck off" doesn't help improve the trading experience for everyone. Because next time you might find yourself in that buyer's shoes ;) WE run the market in PoE, not GGG, it's as simple as that.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Jan 13, 2018, 9:43:52 AM
"
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
ALWAYS carefully check the trade window for the correct items, no matter how much in a hurry you are, BEFORE you click accept! If you get scammed during this, it's your own fault.

Absolutely not! It's never, ever, your fault if you're scammed.


Yes, it fucking is. All these scam posts about the wrong item are ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY your own fault! The trade window is designed that way that you cannot accept trade unless you personally check the item AND click accept.

You can f-bomb all you want, you're wrong. The thief/scammer/robber is always at fault, 100%, all the time.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
Completed 16 ChallengesMikrotherion wrote:
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
ALWAYS carefully check the trade window for the correct items, no matter how much in a hurry you are, BEFORE you click accept! If you get scammed during this, it's your own fault.

Absolutely not! It's never, ever, your fault if you're scammed.

No? Can people disguise scroll fragments as chaos orbs or something like that? If they give you less than you wanted and accept, that is your fault.

Nope. If I sell you a faulty car, it's I who am at fault. If you scam me out of a trade, it's you how are at fault.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
"
Completed 12 ChallengesHallsttattian wrote:
If someone whispers you to buy something off you and you're in a map and you say "2 min" it's your responsibility to get back at the person who pmd you.

Why should the buyer be the only one held responsible for completing a trade? As a abuyer you say I should /whois the seller. For what? To see him entering another map çause he "forgot" about the trade?


Absolutely not. You want something. I have no obligation to sell to you at any point or time. If you don't want to engage in trade, go play SSF.

"
Completed 12 ChallengesHallsttattian wrote:
THis is why trading sucks in general. Because you only make up rules for a part of the trading system while keeping the other part unregulated.


Convenience. That is what you want. And convenience has a price. I as a buyer/seller know that. Following proper etiquette makes trading for both sides easier and more comfortable. Seeing how stubborn you are in this reply, I can already tell you are my target audience. Even if you refuse to listen.

"
Completed 12 ChallengesHallsttattian wrote:
Now I Know where you're coming from. And that you're part of the problem.


Please, tell me more about who you think I am. Maybe guess my star sign while you are at it.


So you list an item. I whisper you to buy it. You are busy at the moment. I have to wait. Meanwhile you can "forget" about the trade, sell the item to someone else who pmd you as soon as you stopped doing whatever you were doing. You have no obligation to sell to me. That's right. But you have (cause you want trading to be as close to rl trading interactions as possible) to meet the buyer in the middle. And i'm stubborn and unwilling to listen.

The only one who s not engaging into trade in this instance is you the seller.

You as the seller want that convenience. You want to do your thing while leaving all the trade responsibility on the buyer. You obviously don't care about any of the trading interactions you clamour about.

Also I as "your target audience" have had zero issues with trading. Maybe because people like you are so few I rarely bump into them.

Plus I don't care who you are or what your star sign is. When you have no arguments to defend your skewed wiew on "proper trading etiquette" you resorted to a veiled attempt at mokery. You ain't even got the balls to straight up insult me. And you wonder why trading is in the state it is.
"
Vresiberba wrote:
Nope. If I sell you a faulty car, it's I who am at fault. If you scam me out of a trade, it's you how are at fault.


Your responses are so illogical and delusional, I can't even...

What you describe here is exactly how it works here.

If you buy a broken car, it's your fault for not hiring an expert to give it a proper check-up.

If you buy the wrong item, it's your fault for clicking accept without checking twice.

I hate scammers as much as anyone (I have very strong morals, don't care if you believe me), but those posts are just ridiculous at most.

Wanna know how trade worked before all that?

People went to the coast (Act 1) and dropped items on the ground. This worked for the most part since the community was smaller and less scummy back then. I know because I played at the time. Had to do several such trades and it was always a huge hassle because of the fear of getting scammed.

Nowadays, you got that entire trade window with the hover/accept protection with a built-in scamming-prevention coding, and you folks still try to blame the scammer for taking advantage of your laziness.

Scammer is a shitty scumbag for trying to do it.

Scammed person is a shitty scumbag for letting it happen and then crying about it on forums.

I personally have never scammed anyone on purpose (might have done so indirectly though).
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ www.youtube.com/captainwarlord ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
"
Completed 12 ChallengesHallsttattian wrote:
So you list an item. I whisper you to buy it. You are busy at the moment. I have to wait. Meanwhile you can "forget" about the trade, sell the item to someone else who pmd you as soon as you stopped doing whatever you were doing. You have no obligation to sell to me. That's right. But you have (cause you want trading to be as close to rl trading interactions as possible) to meet the buyer in the middle. And i'm stubborn and unwilling to listen.


And it is your obligation as the interested to ask for a reserve or keep contact to ensure a trade happens. This is not fucking Amazon where you get buyer guarantee and wait for your package to be delivered. This is cold, hard trade with competition.

"
Completed 12 ChallengesHallsttattian wrote:
You as the seller want that convenience. You want to do your thing while leaving all the trade responsibility on the buyer. You obviously don't care about any of the trading interactions you clamour about.


No, YOU as the buyer want the convenience. I can have this thing sitting in my stash and never sell it, who cares? I play SSF-ish for the most part anyway. If I wanted to be more engaged in trading, then I'd sell for low, buy for low, sell for high.

"
Completed 12 ChallengesHallsttattian wrote:
Also I as "your target audience" have had zero issues with trading. Maybe because people like you are so few I rarely bump into them.


Why you have to make this personal is anyone's guess, I suppose.

"
Completed 12 ChallengesHallsttattian wrote:
You ain't even got the balls to straight up insult me. And you wonder why trading is in the state it is.


It's not about having no balls. I just didn't find it adequate to throw an insult at a random snappy comment.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ www.youtube.com/captainwarlord ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
"
Please, tell me more about who you think I am. Maybe guess my star sign while you are at it.


Based on your behavior, I have to say Taurus.

Anyhow, I agree with every point - except the "get back to you" point. The buyer has showed his interest, posted the right price - and the SELLER is busy. Why should the BUYER keep /whois'ing or checking the seller's status, instead of the seller just notifying the buyer that he's done?

Yes, it's the buyer that have to show the most interest, but when you put en item up for sale, you WANT to sell it at the LISTED price. You don't show anyone that you WANT to sell it, when you're reluctant to spend 1 second to whisper the buyer.

You almost have this "there's always another buyer, I don't have to make an effort" attitude. Correct, maybe. But you also talk about politeness in another point. Well.
Straw Polls will save humankind! It is known!
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 13, 2018, 10:28:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info