Install and Title Update issue.

It should be noted that in the past we have been warned to run this game on the internal HDD and not an external drive. I'm not totally understanding why this would be an issue but it does in fact help.

Here is an issue that has come up from that though.

My default install location is still my external drive. When we got the 3.1 update it has apparently installed the update on the external drive somehow. I'm not sure this is possible or maybe it just doesn't usually happen on pc, but the xbox did it.

I started having really bad loading times again and some really bad graphical issues. I went into my internal drive and it said the game was 9.8 GB installed which is the same as before the patch. I then moved the game install to my external drive and it changed from 9.8 GB to 10.6 GB. I then moved the install back to the internal drive and it remained 10.6 GB installed. This may be useful information for people who started having problems on the game again after the patch.

Perhaps this has already been addressed and you guys are aware of it. If not then hopefully this helps.
Last bumped on Jan 13, 2018, 3:15:49 PM
Hi,

"
Rashaka1 wrote:

It should be noted that in the past we have been warned to run this game on the internal HDD and not an external drive.

Could you please show me the recommendation you are referencing?

"
Rashaka1 wrote:

My default install location is still my external drive. When we got the 3.1 update it has apparently installed the update on the external drive somehow. I'm not sure this is possible or maybe it just doesn't usually happen on pc, but the xbox did it.

I started having really bad loading times again and some really bad graphical issues. I went into my internal drive and it said the game was 9.8 GB installed which is the same as before the patch. I then moved the game install to my external drive and it changed from 9.8 GB to 10.6 GB. I then moved the install back to the internal drive and it remained 10.6 GB installed. This may be useful information for people who started having problems on the game again after the patch.

Perhaps this has already been addressed and you guys are aware of it. If not then hopefully this helps.

The symptoms you are describing... points to having the game installed on both the external AND the internal drive. It also seems like you had two different versions installed (or an incomplete MOVE operation)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info