SSF's blog post thing.

I recently started an SSF char and even farmed two oni-chan swords and I wanted to go my thoughts of it so lets begin.

This is a very big part here I'm alone in the dark I have no crew helping me granted I rarely do ask them for help unless it's a dire emergency. I have no poe.trade to basically buy any map I want as I choose which is the very biggest factor in here <.<

Right now I'm level 85 which is nothing out of the ordinary these oni-chan swords are so fucking good I got to thank Charan for making these once more hell even my crew gives him regards but anyway um since I can't buy maps I basically have to suffer the RNG of this horrid map system. This is not fun at all being stuck because well you can't progress because of RNG but this is fine and dandy I guess from a SSF POV?

The game isn't meant to be balenced around SSF so it's literally fucking hard mode despite it isn't fun it is still an enjoyable experience as your mind is basically in limbo going can we go back please can please go back to our world, But that would basically fuck the entire experience I'd have everything that I'd desire the only thing that's you know acceptable in this state is buying maps again so I didn't wanna do that despite it is tempting suffering from this dog shit of a system.

My gear is actually surprisingly very good not the best but not very good either. ID'ing rares is like the worst shit ever 99% of the shit that you find is junk it's so frustrating because you ID some badass boots right 100 hp!!!!!!! Than it gors 10-12-11 and no spot to put MS. So you're like FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU.

My build was using a template of this person right here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2058308/page/1 I did swap to Wild strike instead of FB though and my god this shit is actually fun with the exception of dogshit single target DPS thankfully swap to the second oni-chan sword and blade flurry crit 1 shot bosses so that's coo.

Anyway I did enjoy the experience and I have A LOT and I do mean A LOT of respect for SSF players now, I'm likely too to go back to trade mode on it soon unfortunately it's not fun being gated when I know I can do the content with flawless perfection which is fine cause the normal game isn't suppose to be like this you have to fucking trade for maps unless you just wanna go nuts and say fuck you to every map which I do.

Thank you for reading

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2018, 10:50:21 PM
If I don't kill myself after trying to farm the Chin Sol card, I'm gonna migrate ^^
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
good feedback. could have been written by me after a week of playing ssf.

i finally quit ssf cause some guy i usually play with suddenly discovered his love for poe again.
SSF is definitely hard mode. If you desire instant gratification from this game, then avoid SSF. If you enjoy grinding to achieve goals, SSF is great. I'm still trying my ass off to get the Minotaur map. It took me 2 weeks just to farm enough maps to trade up for the Carcass Map. But once I get the Mino map I'll be 151/157 (All non-unique maps complete).

Moral of the story, you can achieve everything in SSF that you can in trade league, but it takes far far far more work and play time.
"

Right now I'm level 85 which is nothing out of the ordinary these oni-chan swords are so fucking good I got to thank Charan for making these once more hell even my crew gives him regards but anyway um since I can't buy maps I basically have to suffer the RNG of this horrid map system. This is not fun at all being stuck because well you can't progress because of RNG but this is fine and dandy I guess from a SSF POV?

The game isn't meant to be balenced around SSF so it's literally fucking hard mode despite it isn't fun it is still an enjoyable experience as your mind is basically in limbo going can we go back please can please go back to our world, But that would basically fuck the entire experience I'd have everything that I'd desire the only thing that's you know acceptable in this state is buying maps again so I didn't wanna do that despite it is tempting suffering from this dog shit of a system.

I really don't find it too hard to start mapping in SSF. Adjust your filter to show every map, trade up shit maps 3 for 1, buy out Zana after every daily / lvlup and you are gucci. At least that is my experience.

Its ofc not normal league where you can poe.trade your atlas after dinging 68, but I find it pretty damn close (even if you have to run some shit layouts).

Also this one prophecy, which drops ~6 tier 1 maps in act 7 chamber of sins and comes up all the time helps a lot.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
They could make
SSF only and non-transferable to other leagues, Would solve the biggest issue.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Dkodr wrote:
They could make
SSF only and non-transferable to other leagues, Would solve the biggest issue.

That's the only orb I think they should have added to the core game from Harbinger....(Ok, maybe binding orb too).

It doesn't guarantee an outcome by which I mean a target map, and it doesn't trivialize that atlas completely by giving a free +1 like the Harbinger Orb.
And to think I've always handicapped myself like this, even before SSF became a mode. I really dislike trading, I really HATE trading. I'll probably never have fun as intended in PoE but at least I'm having fun in the Hell of my own choosing.

Aside from most gear being crap, I don't struggle too much with maps; mainly because at the rate I'm playing, less than 3 hours a day (recently) RNG seems merciful enough to provide enough maps.

Welcome to the world of our true god :RNGesus.
Last edited by lupasvasile on Jan 12, 2018, 6:41:53 PM
You're welcome. :)

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
The map system isn't nearly as hard as you describe, there are like 6 maps in the first five tiers that are "hard" to get.

And obviously it's a grind.

Now what i do find troublesome at this point of development, be it in trade or in SSF mode, is that we still can't do an "identify all items in inventory" one click.

In SSF this is only heightened because you need allts to target craft, while in trade mode you simply buy a couple of thousand allts in an instance.

If GGG is hell-bend on increasing the speed clear meta and enforcing a "go nuts clear a map in 30 seconds" type of grind, they should at least accommodate the players for it.
I fill up like four stash tabs of loot in around 15 minutes of game-play and then i have to horrendously click click click click click every individual item into my inventory, then repeat this process to identify it and then repeat it again to sell it.

And in SSF you don't have the luxury of a very strict filter (+1 chaos items only), since crafting mats are not easily attained.

So i would like the QoL to "identify all items in inventory" (consumes required ID scroll from stash +1 transmute?)

And perhaps even a "sell all non currency items in inventory" (consumes a transmute)

This individual click system is archaic and a relic of the past when the game required 10 minutes to clear a single map and selling four stash tabs required like 50+ minutes of game-play.
If GGG wants to move away from that, then so be it, but at least update your overarching game-play mechanics to deal with these changes.

It's pretty weird, am i the only one that dislikes this? I don't see a lot of request's for these features.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info