Fix for Desync with Movement Skill & MS.

Hello,

I have been the victim of desync since i buyed my Xbox one X and played PoE. I was thinking after some "little" research on internet, that desync is something that need to be fixed with futur patch, as it was many years ago on PoE PC version.

But tonight, i started to play HC and died at level 20 cause of a desync, that pissed me off, and i went on internet, search deeper.

The cause was that

1. My NAT was strict
2. I had 3% Packet Loss and over 160ms.

The solution :

I'm not an expert and i've been tweeking my internet box after some search on internet, but i've mostly opened the port, fixed the nat to Open, and make my new XBOX bypassing my router firewall.

Now i do have 0% packet loss and 16ms. I leveled again a char, wich is 24 right now in HC, and played with flame dash without any desync and the gameplay feel totally different.

So :

If you just buyed or never configured the Network of your XBOX, do it. Its change everythings
Last bumped on Jan 31, 2018, 6:54:08 AM
Its amazing how many people don't make sure its all setup correctly and instead just rant and rave about it being GGG server issues.

Same changes work nicely for the PC version as well.

When my son is being a unbelievable troll I change his pc and xbox settings on the router and watch him suffer while I'm sitting 3 feet away without a single issue at all.

everyone is just far to quick to just jump to conclusions and assume that they are the exception to the rule. ie my wifi is the best etc...

gaming in wifi and expecting the best is also dreaming :/
"
ndorphin wrote:
Its amazing how many people don't make sure its all setup correctly and instead just rant and rave about it being GGG server issues.

Same changes work nicely for the PC version as well.

When my son is being a unbelievable troll I change his pc and xbox settings on the router and watch him suffer while I'm sitting 3 feet away without a single issue at all.

everyone is just far to quick to just jump to conclusions and assume that they are the exception to the rule. ie my wifi is the best etc...

gaming in wifi and expecting the best is also dreaming :/

"
everyone is just far to quick to just jump to conclusions
as do you here...
Just good that the rubberbanding is already proven to be related to the controller delay and techniques used to sync server and client. I mean yeah the , throw money at your servers, is also no solution. they need to invest into the right implementation.

There are kinda 2 extremes in the it: Fix the servers and fix your damn internet.

Would be great, if it would just be that simple.

I read his solution approach, worked on the settings, sadly my isp herehas 1000Mbit, but supports no ipv6 yet, but with open nat and 0 packetloss i still have the same issues. According to what I read from xbox, the port forwarding/nat config is only necessary for party play as this seems to be some peer to peer solution. This should not have anything todo with the client server communication for poe. Would have been great if this would just work for everyone, its probably just a coincident.
point taken and agreed. but I need the exercise.

sadly its not a single fix type of issue

first step should be to make sure its setup on your end correctly. ( router and xbox )

didn't take long for my 10year old to figure out that if the nat type isn't setup correctly he was going to have issues with games, not just POE but across all his games.

being that the default router/xbox setup had issues out of the box ( so to speak ) and that its such a common issue the first thing the xbox does is say " hay we have an issue " go here to fix it...

its simply the first step.

thankfully its incredibly easy.

Nat type has been open for me since forza 5 was released, it was required to even play online with it.

Ping: 35 typical 65 on bad days
no firewalls present on the router for Xbox
0% packet loss

Desyncs like a MFer using many skills especially flicker strike.

just cause you got lucky til 24 or what ever, doesn't mean it'll stay that way, Ive had some days better than others (not correlating with ping times either).

Im thinking it is the servers. they had these same issues years back on the PC and after some program tweaks and a change to the server hardware things dramatically improved. Im wondering if they saved their server parts and used them for the xbox version as thats what it feels like.
In my case NAT is open and no internet problems at all.
I also suffered from heavy dsync in breach league with flicker strike and shield charge.
I noticed that the same issue may affect some enemies using shield charge and popping up at some other Location.

Wasn't this already fixed on PC with some different network mode setting you can choose inside the client?

I would like to have that added to xbox.
Last edited by THEslyice on Jan 31, 2018, 7:23:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info