State of Cyclone

"
SnowCrash wrote:

You simple switch the atlas from wide open maps to maps like shaped channel and its a competitive skill.

waste pool is probably the best map for that if you ignore sextant blocking

my RF/cycloner was getting insane xp to comparable maps even in non-shaped version
"
SnowCrash wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

certainly close range melee like cyclone. At its best melee can be decent, theres good melee builds in terms of clearing content, theyre not using something like cyclone tho thats for sure, and theyre not even using something like flury which is just better than cyclone imo, in almost every way.

Blade Flurry is only good at bossing. It can't compete with a good cyclone build in clear speed. Cyclone is also one of the fastest melee builds in the game if made correctly.

only if u compare a cyclone build that has done everything it can to boost its area vs a flurry build that hasnt. Flurry has a slightly better area than cyclone in their vanilla forms and with shield charge can move between packs faster, and it does more damage, you put all those mechanics used to make cyclone even viable on flurry and it will be at least as good if not better for clearing.

and single target.

and it will still be crap at clearing maps compared to skills like frostblades, which are kind of comparable to stuff like kinetic blast, tornado, ek nova, summons etc when done right.

you can make cyclone look fast in a tight corridor map, the moment u go into more open spaces though skills like cyclone and flurry become like pulling teeth. You put a lot into cyclone to try and get it to match how other skills perform on a default, and it still cant hang with the better ones.
"
IMBrewmaster wrote:
Have you considered trying not to play shit cyclone builds before posting your wall of tears? I checked all your cyclone characters and the builds you are using/used are absolute garbage.

"
IMBrewmaster wrote:
Get medium at the game before you start complaining. Your other characters are equally bad, there is zero thought put into them.

"Wall of Tears" and "Get Medium" at the game. +18 to all passive-aggressive gems socketed in wherever you want to put them. Instead of saying git gud, you said "medium".

Let me rephrase what you said in a more social manner.

Your Abyss character is playing ele scaling cyclone, I would recommend Hatred to help.
1h cyclone is bad unless you got crazy good 1hand and build for it.

Righteous Decree and Light of Divinity on Cyclone you wot m8. Just my opinion. I'll say m8 cause it looks cool.

You have extra PC with no way to generate PCs. Also you are going ele damage without full convert. Something to think about. As well as: Scourge without going full minion damage.

The main thing I want you to look at is that you are getting ele damage nodes and you don't have WED in cyclone. There is a big opportunity there.

Gosh that wasn't so hard...I can help with you with your posts...1 ex each.

-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
"
IMBrewmaster wrote:
Have you considered trying not to play shit cyclone builds before posting your wall of tears? I checked all your cyclone characters and the builds you are using/used are absolute garbage.

Your Abyss character is playing ele scaling cyclone with no Hatred, 1h cyclone is bad unless you got crazy good 1hand and build for it. Righteous Decree and Light of Divinity on Cyclone you wot m8.

Extra PC with no way to generate PCs.

Going ele damage without full convert.

Scourge without going full minion damage.

You are getting ele damage nodes and you dont have WED in cyclone.

Get medium at the game before you start complaining. Your other characters are equally bad, there is zero thought put into them.

For 1, I am changing stuff on my abyss character like every hr testing different things, not actually building it any specific way by following a guide some one else made, like a pleb who can't use their brain. I am switching from different ways of making my current character stronger over time. For a shit build I gained over 30k dps between last night and today. I needed the mana regen for sustain so I got Rightous Decree, which I now probably no longer need. No Big Deal. Light of divinity is just a pathing node to save on skill points. Builds should be ever changing depending on what you need at the time.

2. Only "increased minion damage" works with scourge. I'd have you know there are few ways of getting that viably as a marauder, and I am happy with what I got now just between scourge and

3. 80% Phys to lightning is already good enough convert. Tell me a good way to make that full convert without actually making the build worse.

4. All my standard cyclone characters can red map just fine. So I would say you don't know what makes a cyclone build viable or not. Just because I don't have mirror worthy gear doesn't mean my builds suck. Maybe I don't have as much time as others to farm all day for upgrades.

5. The state of my characters has nothing to do with whether or not cyclone needs to be buffed or not. Cyclone is a medicore skill that I play because I enjoyed playing Whirlwind Barbarians in Diablo 3 and want to emulate that experience. When other high tier skills are created other skills should be buffed to be equally as viable in a competitive manor. Goodluck being competitive with a cyclone build. You will never see 1st shaper or elder kills, 1st level 100, ect ect as a cyclone build ever. At the vary least they should balance similar gem tag skills around one another so all movement + damage based skills are on similar playing fields. Right now you can pull off a better cyclone with vortex and shield charge.

6. Using Hatred on a almost pure lightning scaling character is retarded. It should be quite obvious Wrath is the most superior option. But w/e. My character wasn't ele scaling this whole time anyways.

88k DPS before scourge buff on hit, I'd say that is pretty solid.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Jan 8, 2018, 9:15:26 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
only if u compare a cyclone build that has done everything it can to boost its area vs a flurry build that hasnt.

Nah man, you don't need anything outside Amplify on the tree and IAOE in your links. The skill does a ton of damage already so for mapping, you explode trash.

Cyclone is king because it's a movement skill. No melee skill can top it because every other one has to stand still to attack. That's why Cyclone is king for melee when it comes to pretty much all content (single or aoe). You just never stop moving.
Deliver pain exquisite
Leap Slam Earthquake was a pretty fast melee build. Considering you just leap slam earthquake repeat through an entire map.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

and it will still be crap at clearing maps compared to skills like frostblades,
FB was always very good for clear, but shitty for bosses. with this expansion, that downside (having to use Molten Strike) quickly turns to almost an advantage as MS is insane for ST even without any investment and frostblades is insane for aoe
"
Like in terms of tier this shit is like D+ at most lol fucking garbage dude I mean I obliterated the entire game with it sure doesn't mean it's fucking good.

Real quick because I'm confused. So far you've said you've 'crushed the entire game", and "obliterated the entire game" while talking about cyclone.

So uh... what's the problem? Why are you whining about a skill when you also describe the same skill with 'crush' and 'obliterate'?

"
"
sithren wrote:

Awesome. I'd love to see your build sometime.

https://pastebin.com/Ue4Af3HW

Thanks! Gonna check this out.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
Like in terms of tier this shit is like D+ at most lol fucking garbage dude I mean I obliterated the entire game with it sure doesn't mean it's fucking good.

Real quick because I'm confused. So far you've said you've 'crushed the entire game", and "obliterated the entire game" while talking about cyclone.

So uh... what's the problem? Why are you whining about a skill when you also describe the same skill with 'crush' and 'obliterate'?

UHHHH uHHH hUHHHHHHHH That's what you sound like right now dude. That isn't the point, Entire point is that other stuff does it much much better to a very very large degree.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHATS DEH PROBLEM

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 8, 2018, 10:57:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info