State of Cyclone

Ele Cyclone does about twice as much damage as physical. Why you keep playing physical is beyond me.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Ele Cyclone does about twice as much damage as physical. Why you keep playing physical is beyond me.

%Physical Attack Damage leeched as life. Many high level builds, especially on hardcore, rely on this to stay alive.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
"
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Cyclone is still very good. It is at its best with 2hrs and increases to weapon range. Weapon range is so important for increasing the base AoE.

VS other shit right now? Not even close.

Well of course but thats all melee in general though.

certainly close range melee like cyclone. At its best melee can be decent, theres good melee builds in terms of clearing content, theyre not using something like cyclone tho thats for sure, and theyre not even using something like flury which is just better than cyclone imo, in almost every way.

and yet, when cyclone did bone crushing damage a lot of us didnt care that our clearspeed was shit because it felt powerful and fun.

"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
I do know why they added the first hit deals 50% less damage and thats because people would abuse the click as fast as you can to abuse the insane amounts of damage you could dish out.

when you say abused, they used it and got damage that approached or sometimes even matched the sort of damage various spells, crit barragers and summons are getting, or even 1h crit flury. Which is obviously broken because the idea of the biggest guy in the game with the biggest weapon dealing competitive damage is crazy and in desperate need of a nerf.
"
sithren wrote:
"

%Physical Attack Damage leeched as life. Many high level builds, especially on hardcore, rely on this to stay alive.

Dealing twice as much damage means you get the same effects with half the leech. Also what’s wrong with % of attack damage leeched? Also also Slayer.

Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
sithren wrote:
"

Dealing twice as much damage means you get the same effects with half the leech. Also what’s wrong with % of attack damage leeched? Also also Slayer.

Awesome. I'd love to see your build sometime.
Cyclone is was an overall mediocre skill that was needlessly nerfed repeated to make it terrible.

Melee AoE is not a good place and nothing has changed other than everyone swapping to AC+molten strike and ignoring iaoe complete.

The vast majority of cyclone builds these days have very little iaoe (not that it would matter anyways) and basically no movespeed.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
sithren wrote:

Awesome. I'd love to see your build sometime.

https://pastebin.com/Ue4Af3HW
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Eldubs wrote:
Agree on everything

Everything? even though he is moaning becuase it's not like how it used to be?

Multistrike used to work with it you would be stuck in the cyclone longer with it, you would also be heavily prone to desync AND go on wee journeys as it name locked on something rooms away.

The only thing they should do to it is make it channelled, it's pretty fucking OP even AFTER the nerfs.

"

The damage effectiveness of Cyclone has been increased from 35% to 40%.

We have also reduced the minimum distance it travels, so that you have more control. This distance is now about a third of what it was previously.

Small nerf to damage, but a buff to the amount of time you can spend on target and a slight buff through not going quite so far with it with multi strike (not quite so bad desync)

"
This skill can no longer be supported by the Multistrike support gem.

A nerf to damage and a massive boon to to alleviating desync (in fact if i remember right it got a lot of attention then)

"
We no longer treat Cyclone as a movement skill for the cases of Karui Spirits or flags in Capture the Flag.

Fairly big buff especially for haku missions.

"
Cyclone now attacks slightly slower and has an equivalent increase to damage. It now deals damage immediately when it is used, in addition to periodic damage. Cyclone no longer targets enemies, only locations.

Attacks slower, nerf, BUFFED in damage and it actually doing damage instantly which buffs survivability.

"
Reduced the mana cost at all levels. It now grants 0.5% increased area of effect radius per 1% of quality (was 1% per 1% quality)

BUFF

"

Attack skills that have their damage based on the wielded weapon have their mana costs fixed in place from level 1 onwards.

There was a display bug that caused Cyclone to show the wrong DPS value and attack speed. We have fixed this bug, so you'll now notice the visual DPS almost double and the attack speed on the gem shoot up a lot.

In addition, we have reduced the damage of Cyclone by around 10% and have reduced the damage of its initial hit.

Nerf

"

Cyclone's additional melee range now applies to unarmed attacks. Cyclone now also uses pathfinding to determine where the skill will take the player (as opposed to moving in a direct line). Cyclone's description has been updated.

Fixed a bug where stats with the "while stationary" condition would erroneously stay active in certain cases while using Cyclone.

First part is a prety big fucking buff, the second part may be a nerf but is clearly a bug fix

"
Can no longer be supported by Ruthless Support

NERF

On the whole i would say it's been buffed more than it was nerfed
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jan 8, 2018, 6:42:31 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

certainly close range melee like cyclone. At its best melee can be decent, theres good melee builds in terms of clearing content, theyre not using something like cyclone tho thats for sure, and theyre not even using something like flury which is just better than cyclone imo, in almost every way.

Blade Flurry is only good at bossing. It can't compete with a good cyclone build in clear speed. Cyclone is also one of the fastest melee builds in the game if made correctly.

"
Nephalim wrote:
The vast majority of cyclone builds these days have very little iaoe (not that it would matter anyways) and basically no movespeed.

You simple switch the atlas from wide open maps to maps like shaped channel and its a competitive skill.

A cyclone build usually has 130%+ MS as a Slayer...

Yeah Flurry's fucking garbage in clearing even cyclone's better with the bleed gloves.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info