Elemental Temlplar - no RT ?

Hey Guys,
I've been looking for build for 1h mace/shield elemental templar, as I can see everyone use RT. Personally I would like to build such char with high crit chance.
Is it possible or reasonable ?
Pls. Help, I'm kinda noob in PoE and try to understand some base machanics.
Last edited by adiosmuchachos on Feb 28, 2013, 6:52:52 AM
Dunno, early stages might look something like this.

But without more accuracy you're probably gonna start missing a lot quite soon.

There's another 45% Bloodthirst node to the top left in the Which's area, but that's about all the crit chance on this side of the tree. I also don't know how often maces roll increased crit chance - because your total crit multiplier works on that number - and if it's low to begin with (unlike daggers etc) it will probably stay low'ish.

Including the Which's nodes you'd have 190%, about thrice your weapon's bace crit chance, resulting in 14.5% crit chance on a 5% base mace.

I'm no expert though, and maybe if you combine this with an increased critical strike support gem and some reduced stun (which maces are great at) you'd get an awesome templar. Other than that I guess I'd roll a shadow or hunter :)
Last edited by peterned on Feb 28, 2013, 8:45:53 AM
Thx :) I'll try that.
if you want high crit chance, your in the wrong class, you should try being a shadow. there just simply very small amount of crit chance in the templar area, which is why RT is so close by.

if you really want to use a templar, you'll just have a very high uphill battle.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides
Thanks for advices.
I gues RT is the only choice for Temp. Maybe later in the game some badass drop crit item will change something in next Templar build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info