Painfull item progression after lvl 80 on XBOX

Hello,

is this only me or is it very frustrating to optimize gear after arround lvl 80 for mid and high maps? i get a ton of items that are crap and nothing is seeling at the tradeboard, i have farmed currency but it is nearly impossible to buy new gear on the tradeboard.
Maybe GGG can explain me how to find boots, rings, gloves etc. with good life, strength and resistance stats to progress further truth the altlas without dieing the most time because the equip is just midrange, uniques are not the problem, they are just overpriced but thats another problem with the players themselves. For me i have investet hours of hours on the tradeboard to find itmes but it seems not fun to me and result with just 5 possible trades is just useless.

When there will be no changes i could imagine that me and other casual players who are want to pay for such a game to play endless sessions of currency farming on the couch, will quit soon and move forward to other games. That would be really not a good solution.

Maybe GGG could think about to implement some of the quality of life imporvements to trading and other parts of the game that are wanted from the community. In the and you GGG decided to move your game to a console so why you keep holding the line like a hardcore pc game.

For me i just can hope that this will come soon, otherwise my hunderds of € will move in other games.

Best regards
Sascha
Last edited by Donniedarko72 on Jan 5, 2018, 3:21:17 AM
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2018, 8:35:50 PM
Maybe I'm lucky but I have been finding tons of good gear. Map progression is a little troublesome, but if I tried to buy a few maps I'm sure that trouble would go away. As for clearing content, there are build guides on the web with very low cost with video's showing them clearing all content.

In short I agree, QoL could be improved in trading, but all other points you made seem invalid to me lol
THis league in particular seems harder to gear for in general. I heeded some gloves myself and had a hell of a time finding a pair that were even remotely acceptable and not 40C+. I'm talking 2 resists I needed with at least 20% each and some life, and I was being very flexible on the armour type.

Yes Jauron, thats what i mean and in the end with finding a ring or jewels for me it comes to a pain to find something. Maybe after hours of searching i find something and then its like in your experience overprized or the order will come to no end.

For me its the lack of search function for specific stats and the way the tradeboard works, on top of that, in the moment i must open every order to see the pricetag, because i only can see pricetags on the item when its from a user playing in the same language.

All that make it funless to perfect the gear on a build, whats maybe one keystone a this game.
There have been a few ideas floating around on Reddit and such about how GGG might be able to fix the trade system. One of my favorite ones was along the lines of up to 3 filterable stats. No specific ranges, just a drop down of choices.

[X] Life
[X] Lightning resist
[X] Empty

Choose up to 3 with an item base and go.

Guess we will have to wait and see though.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
What if I tell you, that its possible to progress through the game without trading? Just check out the SSF playstyle. You can basically play generic build till mapping and forge your build around the items you find.

You can master craft your gear to cap resists. Its not difficult to find gear with life and craft resist on it. Or the other way around.

For example I played a hidden potential build with full blue gear. I crafted all my gear for myself with Alteration orbs, and done all content in the game. Just need to hit high life and aug resist. With 100 alteration you can craft 1 gear piece. Its not difficult.

On top of all these you have divination cards you can farm. There are divination cards for basically everything.

You must be either playing a build thats difficult to gear in the first place or dont have enough knowledge of the game.

Look into non crit caster builds or anything that only needs life + resists on gear. Also there are plenty of Resistance on the passive tree / ascendancies / bandits. Do a right build and that helps to gear your character easier.

Play smart instead of complaining
"
Foridesign wrote:
What if I tell you, that its possible to progress through the game without trading? Just check out the SSF playstyle. You can basically play generic build till mapping and forge your build around the items you find.

You can master craft your gear to cap resists. Its not difficult to find gear with life and craft resist on it. Or the other way around.

For example I played a hidden potential build with full blue gear. I crafted all my gear for myself with Alteration orbs, and done all content in the game. Just need to hit high life and aug resist. With 100 alteration you can craft 1 gear piece. Its not difficult.

On top of all these you have divination cards you can farm. There are divination cards for basically everything.

You must be either playing a build thats difficult to gear in the first place or dont have enough knowledge of the game.

Look into non crit caster builds or anything that only needs life + resists on gear. Also there are plenty of Resistance on the passive tree / ascendancies / bandits. Do a right build and that helps to gear your character easier.

Play smart instead of complaining

This is a minority playstyle. Most ppl don't play poe or other action rpgs to play ssf. Usually ssf is played by ppl who are already bored by the normal gameplay and have the knowledge of the game. I hope I will never reach the point when ssf is the only thing in this game, what would keep me going. Most players probably watch meta builds on youtube and get interested in the game. So they come to xbox, level up and realize, holy moly, its just not working, I cannot get the uniques, the jewels or anything. I have the same skills ofc no 6 link, but why the hell am I constantly dying. Also many players are playing for the first time, ofc the masses don't want to spend now weeks with researching, they want to learn along the way. I think none of the old players, who experienced poe for several years with all its changes in pace and complexity can actually understand how overwhelming this game can be now. The devs are probably facing the same issue here. They probably don't realize how hard the game is already by itself, so that they think making it even harder with things like the trading board user unfriendliness. Some pc veterans like you can benefit from that bad situation and kinda make decent profits, but new players really have a super hard time to get to like this game.

"
filix wrote:

new players really have a super hard time to get to like this game.

Yea you are right, the game must be overwhelming for new players and I was little too harsh. On the other hand I was trying to point out solutions that can help. I did not mean to Play SSF, I just feel like Abyss on xbox is like a semi-ssf league because of the current state of the trading. So looking into how to play SSF can help you regardless if you are in Abyss SC or HC or SSF.
Well yeah, I also checked some ssf guides, when trying to find a working build on xbox, thats also not too slow. What I found to be a relaxed build for xbox is the warchief champion from liftingnerdbro, but its a totem build, so not everybody likes it. And yeah placing totems is kinda awful on xbox, as you always place it into the front line and not in the center of your enemies, but it works. I currently have not even a belly, but t10 maps i can play kinda semi afk, without any flask. I didn't play it too much as I was testing several other builds after, but yeah this one performed the best for me by far. So if you like totems, you could try this one out, its definitely forgiving with the taunting totems and new player viable.
"
Donniedarko72 wrote:
Hello,

is this only me or is it very frustrating to optimize gear after arround lvl 80 for mid and high maps? i get a ton of items that are crap and nothing is seeling at the tradeboard, i have farmed currency but it is nearly impossible to buy new gear on the tradeboard.
Maybe GGG can explain me how to find boots, rings, gloves etc. with good life, strength and resistance stats to progress further truth the altlas without dieing the most time because the equip is just midrange, uniques are not the problem, they are just overpriced but thats another problem with the players themselves. For me i have investet hours of hours on the tradeboard to find itmes but it seems not fun to me and result with just 5 possible trades is just useless.

When there will be no changes i could imagine that me and other casual players who are want to pay for such a game to play endless sessions of currency farming on the couch, will quit soon and move forward to other games. That would be really not a good solution.

Maybe GGG could think about to implement some of the quality of life imporvements to trading and other parts of the game that are wanted from the community. In the and you GGG decided to move your game to a console so why you keep holding the line like a hardcore pc game.

For me i just can hope that this will come soon, otherwise my hunderds of € will move in other games.

Best regards
Sascha

Read that trade manifesto. You should be able to find all of your gear, trade shouldn't even exist and should be difficult. They don't understand that their drop rates are far too low, especially with the variety of items in the game to be found. I wish I could have a game that combines the Loot 2.0 type drop rates, where you find more high quality gear, with the POE system of deep customization and depth of types of items (div cards, maps, prophecy-coins, currency to craft with). You don't get enough currency to actually craft with and it is tough to even find upgrades for yourself. Couple that with a trash trading board... ugh, help us please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info