Elder Influence is bugged

Do any shaper influenced map to expand Elder Influence and it'll undo one of your random higher tier maps. Do a higher tier? it undoes atleast 2 of your lower tiers. The entire mechanic is broken and has stopped working after the initial t1-8 elder spawn.

When I started this, I had Lava Chamber and Mausoleum. But no Arsenal(13). I did Arsenal and lost both Lava Chamber and Mausoleum. Tried to start expanding back to the yellow maps I'd lost because otherwise Elder cannot spawn. So it took away my Racecourse for no reason.

This bug makes War of the Atlas NON-FUNCTIONAL. The core mechanic is busted. How have you still not hotfixed this GGG?

P.s. I haven't done a non-shaper influenced map in about 25-30 maps. It's the only type I do, so I can expand my elder influence. That's how broken this shit is, doing the maps you need to, undoes your progress.
Last edited by ಥ_ಥ on Dec 31, 2017, 5:28:38 PM
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2018, 6:31:48 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Still no official answer. Is this a bug, or some hidden mechanic we have yet to figure it out (again)?
Hello there =]

What you need to understand, is that each time you complete a map, 2 things happen, in order :

1) If it was bordering the elder's influence, the shapered map you just completed becomes eldered.

2) Any pressure point (shaper & elder maps next to each other), can evolve as one of these :
- no change
- shaper eats elder
- elder eats shaper

You can control 1), but you can't control 2).
Additionally, the elder's influence cannot exceed 30 maps.

Your Racecourse Map got simply controlled by the shaper, from Terrace Map.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Feb 20, 2018, 7:37:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info