Such is the state of the world right now...

[Removed by Support]

EDIT: now you see, if the original post said the hijab was not the focus it would be something else, not quite the same as saying it has "little to do". I dont mind as much the original use of the photo as the current one.
Im so tired of sleazy slimeballs sucking their own dick by putting words like "brave", "powerful" "stunning" in their meaningless accomplishments and obvious agenda pushing.
Oblivious
Last edited by Ben_GGG on Jan 4, 2018, 7:34:33 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

In any case, she's told me she'd like to go back to wearing the hijab. Not because she's returning to religion or anything, it's just comfortable and familiar. It's just clothing, right?

However, she's terrified of people assuming a religion that isn't there merely because of how she's dressed, how her co-workers might react, and harassment from complete strangers in our predominantly Hispanic Catholic Texas city. She hasn't worn it out yet, because she's scared to.

Explain to her that there is indeed a christianic version too, its called Kopftuch, often used in windy days or when feeding the pigs, its just that the media totally denies its existance.
[Removed by Support]

Looks like this:
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Ben_GGG on Jan 4, 2018, 7:35:39 AM
Women in Iran have been protesting the compulsory dress code since the islamic revolution. While the privileged white liberal feminists in the west treat it as some kind of fad and cool accessory.

The problem I have with hypocrite liberals, is that they try to portray the hijab as a woman's choice, while it's a compulsory garment women are forced to wear, or else they get it from the sharia police or your own family members. Even in the secular West it's not much of a choice, when your family members will throw acid in your face for removing the hijab or any other islamic "offence" not covered by secular state laws. See the rapidly islamizing UK for reference.

Oh, and equating the hijab / niqab / burka... with christian nuns wearing a uniform, LOL. Please someone explain these "feminist" liberals the difference between a personal choice to join a convent, and a medieval practice being forced on you by society by default.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Here we can see a group of islamophobic women, protesting the totally personal choice of wearing the hijab. Iran, 1979.

Source

For some reson these bigoted women don't like cool fashion accessory. Privileged western feminists are puzzled and can't find any answers as to why, other than "it's probably Nazis".
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Women in Iran have been protesting the compulsory dress code since the islamic revolution. While the privileged white liberal feminists in the west treat it as some kind of fad and cool accessory.

The problem I have with hypocrite liberals, is that they try to portray the hijab as a woman's choice, while it's a compulsory garment women are forced to wear, or else they get it from the sharia police or your own family members. Even in the secular West it's not much of a choice, when your family members will throw acid in your face for removing the hijab or any other islamic "offence" not covered by secular state laws. See the rapidly islamizing UK for reference.

Oh, and equating the hijab / niqab / burka... with christian nuns wearing a uniform, LOL. Please someone explain these "feminist" liberals the difference between a personal choice to join a convent, and a medieval practice being forced on you by society by default.

I can assure you that not every woman that wear a hijab/niqab/burka does it out of peer pressure or force. Sure, they do exist, but removing the option to wear that piece of cloth (or any other) isn't something I want the government to implement. The fight is for woman to wear whatever they want, which mean not being restricted to or being restricted from, it's both at the same time.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

I can assure you that not every woman that wear a hijab/niqab/burka does it out of peer pressure or force. Sure, they do exist, but removing the option to wear that piece of cloth (or any other) isn't something I want the government to implement. The fight is for woman to wear whatever they want, which mean not being restricted to or being restricted from, it's both at the same time.
There is no law against wearing such things in the US. France might have some laws against IIRC. In any case, most of the opposition to traditionally Muslim garb is cultural, not political. Although we can't have apolitical things anymore, now can we?

As far as the hijab as a symbol goes, I think it's about on par with a pair of handcuffs — it might be something delightfully kinky and liberating

but for many people the only experience they'll ever have wearing it will be unpleasant and humiliating.
So I ask you: what do you think about looking at

this?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 1, 2018, 9:38:40 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
There is no law against wearing such things in the US. France might have some laws against IIRC.

Only against full face coverage - the niqab and burka. The same goes for other EU countries, the hijab is NOT banned anywhere afaik, what is banned is full face covering (basically because it hides your identity).

Covering your women with trash bags only makes sense in islamist sharia countries, because women there are property of some male. Women don't even need ID-s in islamist countries because their male owner is always close by and he can be the representative for the woman (eg. in dealings with police or other legal institutions).

E:
Also, think about what is this cultural/religious practice REALLY saying. It says that muslim men cannot be trusted to not sexually assault their women, unless the women are fully covered and hidden away from sight. And the western "progressive liberals" defend this concept, lmao...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 4, 2018, 7:10:15 AM
"
faerwin wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
Western women have had that freedom for so long, what the hell are you talking about? Name one thing women can't wear as dictated by the US government that doesn't involve a work uniform? Now name the punishment for breaking this 'law' - if you can even think of one.

Name one thing a woman must wear in the Middle East. Now name the punishment for disobedience.

These are NOT two sides of the same coin. This is nowhere NEAR the same fight.

I can assure you that woman that wear the hijab are prone to xenophobic comments and are often harassed/intimidated to remove it.

Ok but can you answer the innervation's question? (Name one thing women can't wear as dictated by the US government that doesn't involve a work uniform?) I'm curious as well.
name one thing women can´t wear in public that doesn´t involve work.

Easy one.
Spoiler

Would propably get harrased.

Scrootie, your picture with the women who wears a flag and has handcuffs is misleading and doesn´t actually fit reality, if you go by amount of imprisoned percent, she should be a black male, not a white woman and thats in murica.
Wearing a Kippa in Paris isn´t fun either i heared.
You probably get the looks too if wearing a chainmail while driving a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Lachdanan wrote:
Scrootie, your picture with the women who wears a flag and has handcuffs is misleading and doesn´t actually fit reality, if you go by amount of imprisoned percent, she should be a black male, not a white woman and thats in murica.
How was I misleading anyone? I openly admitted handcuffs were a symbol of oppression to many, which you don't disagree with — you aren't pulling a faerwin and focusing on the woman instead of the handcuffs.

The best you can come back with is "should be blackwashed because muh white privilege." As if zero white women are languishing in jail cells due to the war on drugs, and/or we aren't allowed to draw attention to X because Y is more important.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 4, 2018, 2:28:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info