Censorship isn't going to make the problem go away

You probably didn't catch what he was doing, and it was worse than what the average forum troll was pulling off at the time IMHO.

Not saying being friends with mods is a redeeming quality, just that if you have redeeming qualities that likely comes into play when they're deciding whether or not to flat out ban someone from the forums.

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
You probably didn't catch what he was doing, and it was worse than what the average forum troll was pulling off at the time IMHO.

Not saying being friends with mods is a redeeming quality, just that if you have redeeming qualities that likely comes into play when they're deciding whether or not to flat out ban someone from the forums.

Certainly a possibility as I do not live in the forum (feel free to pm me about it as you are making me curious though).
all I caught was some funny posts with do you even lift and whatnot. besides the possibility of him having created multiple accounts which GGG dislikes past 2nd account, but funnily enough I'm pretty sure the other poster that Im thinking of did the same running with a third account for months that was never hit.
I understand that you are not saying you believe that part regarding friendships with mods being the redeeming quality. I meant that is the case, and speaks for those people, not you. (wont say more on this, if people know which accounts have been deleted they probably know there was 1 good poster that left and should remember the kind of ambient there was around here at the time and how some started posting less due to that very situation.)
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jan 4, 2018, 2:04:11 PM
I feel like there's some key information missing here for the thread to make sense. Are you complaining about someone being banned? From my experience, in general GGG is pretty hands off about moderation unless you tell someone they're acting like a child apparently.
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:

Certainly a possibility as I do not live in the forum (feel free to pm me about it as you are making me curious though).
all I caught was some funny posts with do you even lift and whatnot. besides the possibility of him having created multiple accounts which GGG dislikes past 2nd account, but funnily enough I'm pretty sure the other poster that Im thinking of did the same running with a third account for months that was never hit.
I understand that you are not saying you believe that part regarding friendships with mods being the redeeming quality. I meant that is the case, and speaks for those people, not you. (wont say more on this, if people know which accounts have been deleted they probably know there was 1 good poster that left and should remember the kind of ambient there was around here at the time and how some started posting less due to that very situation.)

Actually, you can have multiple accounts (up to 36ish from what I've heard from someone 'in the know'). It's when you use those accounts to probation dodge on the forums that GGG have a problem with. ;)
"
I feel like there's some key information missing here for the thread to make sense. Are you complaining about someone being banned? From my experience, in general GGG is pretty hands off about moderation unless you tell someone they're acting like a child apparently.

A quick look through his post history shows OP probably made the thread because his mute duration was extended to 4k hours for talking some shit about muslims in global...
Last edited by Shovelcut on Jan 4, 2018, 3:31:35 PM
The topic title is patently false. If the problem is some dickhead saying inflammatory shit that is clearly against the terms of usage, censorship is most definitely going to make the problem go away.

Not every problem is some deep, underlying injustice with societal norms requiring a crusade.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
The topic title is patently false. If the problem is some dickhead saying inflammatory shit that is clearly against the terms of usage, censorship is most definitely going to make the problem go away.

Not every problem is some deep, underlying injustice with societal norms requiring a crusade.

The problem was clearly the OP and the censorship did make him his comments go away to it actually fixed the problem they were concerned about.

Good work GGG
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
"

The problem was clearly the OP and the censorship did make him his comments go away to it actually fixed the problem they were concerned about.

Good work GGG

"If [censorship] isn't the solution to your problem, you're not using enough."

Censorship or violence, I suppose. I can never* remember which. Either one is a solution to the OP, though. Ah well.**

Spoiler
* I can absolutely remember which. I'm just in a mood today.

Spoiler
** Useless note to bother people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info