Trade Market on XBOX totally messed up?

Hello,

I am long time PC player and i buyed an XBOX one to play more relaxed in my bed for Path of Exile.

I am currently casually leveling a char, but price/trade market look so messed up with overpriced things, take too long to buy/sell something.

I feel like i'm basically playing SSF without the mode attached to it. Its take year to get answers from buyer/seller.

How do you guys do?

Thanks in advance
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2018, 8:47:12 AM
"
slimthug879 wrote:
Hello,

I am long time PC player and i buyed an XBOX one to play more relaxed in my bed for Path of Exile.

I am currently casually leveling a char, but price/trade market look so messed up with overpriced things, take too long to buy/sell something.

I feel like i'm basically playing SSF without the mode attached to it. Its take year to get answers from buyer/seller.

How do you guys do?

Thanks in advance

I personally love the board for selling, but ill usually undercut prices by alot to be closer to pc. Buying is an item here or there and it sucks a bit...usually cheapest are afk or price fixing i think? so i usually go somewhere in the middle, offer a few, and cancel offers when i get one.
I must disagree.

The Trade Board is a mess. Shopping for rings with the correct explicits is a nightmare.

You can spend 1-2 hours looking through 100s or 1000s of rings to find out that none of them have the required values you need. Then going back the next day you have to repeat the same activity to see if their are any new listings. How can you say this is not broken?

If your shopping for Jewels your going to have the same nightmare again.

On poe.trade you could do the same activity in less than 5 minutes.

Why GGG cannot add API for XBox or add in a few sliders to filter out rarity, ilvl, and perhaps a couple filters is beyond me.
gems and rings are really impossible to efficiently sort through on xbox. TBH, takes hours to find some you like. Literally, hours.
How about bend Pc and Xbox server to one? If possible the economy should be much much better.
"
Metalempress wrote:
How about bend Pc and Xbox server to one? If possible the economy should be much much better.

I think this is unlikely to happen, and I really don't want to see that happening at all.

Tbh having a market where almost every unique item has some value is kinda refreshing. But given the facts, that items without having tons of bots etc are already hard to come by, the trade system needs to be better. Many complain about too high prices compared to pc, without really thinking it through.

Lets say a belly of the beast, there are 5 on the market. Now ppl are complaining with 5-8 ex its too expensive. Now imagine all 5 would be in for 1 ex, then 5 lucky people would just buy them. And then? Everybody who complained about the high price earlier would complain now, that there are no belly of the beast on the market. Its just how it is, if something is rare, it has value and can only be bought by ppl who have the means to pay for it. And in addition, even if someone, wants to be supportive, cutting the price by too much, it will just get flipped.

Higher player numbers won't fix it, as more players also will have higher demand. So how do get more items on the market? The only way is, having player that generate more loot, than they "consume". Usually player, who gear one build and keep farming with it, putting hours and hours of farming into it. They don't have more demand and are generating supply for others.

Looking at the quality and performance of the endgame on xbox, its rather unlikely that we have many of those players. I guess most are experimenting other builds, trying to figure out something thats kinda enjoyable on xbox. Also ofc limited by gear available to finish your build. I think as soon trading will be a bit less tedious, basic stuff like movement skills (rubber banding) will be fixed, we will also see more items on the market and it will regulate itself and items will be more affordable for everyone.
When i looking for rare item i just think just quit and delete this game. İts really pissing me of.
"
filix wrote:
"
Metalempress wrote:

I think this is unlikely to happen, and I really don't want to see that happening at all.

Tbh having a market where almost every unique item has some value is kinda refreshing. But given the facts, that items without having tons of bots etc are already hard to come by, the trade system needs to be better. Many complain about too high prices compared to pc, without really thinking it through.

Lets say a belly of the beast, there are 5 on the market. Now ppl are complaining with 5-8 ex its too expensive. Now imagine all 5 would be in for 1 ex, then 5 lucky people would just buy them. And then? Everybody who complained about the high price earlier would complain now, that there are no belly of the beast on the market. Its just how it is, if something is rare, it has value and can only be bought by ppl who have the means to pay for it. And in addition, even if someone, wants to be supportive, cutting the price by too much, it will just get flipped.

Higher player numbers won't fix it, as more players also will have higher demand. So how do get more items on the market? The only way is, having player that generate more loot, than they "consume". Usually player, who gear one build and keep farming with it, putting hours and hours of farming into it. They don't have more demand and are generating supply for others.

Looking at the quality and performance of the endgame on xbox, its rather unlikely that we have many of those players. I guess most are experimenting other builds, trying to figure out something thats kinda enjoyable on xbox. Also ofc limited by gear available to finish your build. I think as soon trading will be a bit less tedious, basic stuff like movement skills (rubber banding) will be fixed, we will also see more items on the market and it will regulate itself and items will be more affordable for everyone.

I understand. but I believe The player number is a porblem.
The problem is that there's no way to search or filter out items on the board so all you have is over priced uniques that sell and nothing in the rare catagories ever sells. I have to manually check 1000+ rings just find nothing. It's probably the single biggest issue I have with the game on the console.

That and not being able to get groups or do LFG's for mapping.
"
Emmortal_One wrote:
The problem is that there's no way to search or filter out items on the board so all you have is over priced uniques that sell and nothing in the rare catagories ever sells. I have to manually check 1000+ rings just find nothing. It's probably the single biggest issue I have with the game on the console.

On top of this comes the problem that you also nothing to other players because no one find your selling good rares.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info