Season One, Race Event 21: One Week Party

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

For information about our new race event season, please check out this announcement!

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

Top Prizes:

The top 20 players by experience will receive a Demigod's Triumph (Unique Golden Wreath)

The top players by experience will receive:
  • #1 player: 60 Reward Points
  • #2 player: 40 Reward Points
  • #3 player: 35 Reward Points
  • #4 player: 32 Reward Points
  • #5 player: 30 Reward Points
  • #6 player: 28 Reward Points
  • #7 player: 26 Reward Points
  • #8 player: 24 Reward Points
  • #9 player: 22 Reward Points
  • #10 player: 20 Reward Points
  • #11-20 players: 15 Reward Points
  • #21-50 players: 10 Reward Points
  • #51-200 players: 5 Reward Points
  • #201-500 players: 2 Reward Points

Please note that the 0.10.2 patch which includes balance changes is due to come out during this event. Expect the early-level damage of Poison Arrow and Fire Trap to be reduced after the patch, for example.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Feb 27, 2013, 9:38:36 PM
I do want to make it clear that I love all the 1/2/3/4 Hour Races and will continue to them on a regular basis. I'm totally fine with the RP and the prizes for the season. It is just that doing the 1 Week while there are other races going on doesn't make sense for a player of my caliber. I'm can usually get 4 points in the hourly races. Therefore, I will generate more points doing them instead of the 1 Week race.

I wanted to do this and I hate to be negative as I love the other races, but I will get many more points doing the smaller races with much less time invested.

If I were a better player and could Top 20, then this would be ideal to do.

Congrats to the Top 20......

and First...
Last edited by SouthernStar on Feb 28, 2013, 12:47:19 AM
Does this mean top 20 TOTAL or top 20 PER CLASS?

Because if this is top 20 total I think we won't see almost any of a certain class.
@Aelloon
"
Aelloon wrote:
Does this mean top 20 TOTAL or top 20 PER CLASS?

Because if this is top 20 total I think we won't see almost any of a certain class.

Top 20 total, there is no class distinction in these prizes. You should play whatever class thinks gives you the best chance.

Definitely don't think it's worth the time investment, especially since you have no chance as a solo player.

I am personally boycotting these races and not participating until the point system becomes a bit more fair. As I see it, the time needed to get anywhere near the last price for the season takes such a substantial chunk of time and effort (and lack of responsibilities in real life) that it is practically impossible. I predict maybe 20 people will get the 480 point reward.

Adding to that the amount of hours taken away from your permanent character is more than enough to deter most people who are leveled-headed enough to weigh their options. In the estimated 300-400 hour investment it would take to achieve the 480 point reward, imagine what you could accomplish on your permanent league--instead of making 100+ lvl 20 characters from racing.

To sum it up: this game has everything going for it, one of the best is the competitive racing. It obviously needs a lot of tweaking to make it more accessible to people. Sure the 480 point reward should be attainable only by a few people who are very good, but it should not be determined by the lack of real life responsibilities. Some days require 9+ hours of racing and a commitment of a 7 day a week schedule for almost 2 months straight.
IGN: Aux
Last edited by Aux on Feb 27, 2013, 11:08:52 PM
I am disappointed there are no reward points for certain level brackets. I was hoping to get some modest points (2-5) rolling a new character, challenge myself to stay alive, and getting as far as I can in the amount of playtime I have available(1-3 hours per day). I guess that isn't the right attitude for a race, but I would have liked to participate. Not sure it would be meaningful with zero chance of getting any points though.

Edit: Very happy to see the reward point brackets in the other races at least. I still think rewards should be increased 50-100% for the longer races. Longer races require more investment, more planning, and involve more risk (esp. if players move into act 3). At least something to consider for season 2.
Last edited by Britannicus on Feb 27, 2013, 10:18:51 PM
"
SouthernStar wrote:
I wanted to do this and I hate to be negative as I love the other races, but I will get many more points doing the smaller races with much less time invested.

If I were a better player and could Top 20, then this would be ideal to do.

It's not worth their time, either.

60 points for 1st for one week of grinding it out with a party, arguing over who "gets" to be #1...
Win 1 race, spend at LEAST 12 hours/day (probably more considering the audience) for 7 days straight (so 84+ hours), get 1 wreath and 60 points.

OR

1 hour solo: get 1st overall (3) + 1st of class (10+wreath) + max level bracket (7). So pretty much guaranteed 20 points for an hour if you're the best. Sprinkle in quest/full-clear for funsies.

Win 3 races, spend 3 hours, get 3 wreaths and 60 points.

---

Not to mention the steep drop-off for the losers... say you're just the 3rd-best witch in 1h race -- you get 5 points, plus you'll hit max level bracket for another 7. So 12 points for basically being top 21-50 material for an hour.
If you push too hard, you lost an hour.

Top 21-50 players in the week race get 10 points.
Wait, what? Is this a joke?

You get more points (3) for playing in a 1 hour race and simply getting level 11 (super easy -- you could just farm ledge for 40 minutes) than you would getting the minimum prize for a ONE WEEK race?

There need to be level payouts here, plain and simple, and they need to be much larger than the 1-4 hour races. Like, 10+ points for hitting level 70ish as the base. And even that would be kinda bad.

I love you guys, and I love the races, but this reward structure is total bollocks compared to the short races.
Last edited by nepharis on Feb 27, 2013, 10:56:42 PM
Man u guys screwed this one up..
I really want to do this race with my team. I just can't justify the time spent with so many other smaller races going on throughout this week. Please revisit this prize structure for the one week races.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info