New Xbox Achievements for new leagues.

It would be great to get a few new achievements every time a new league is released. That would be an extra reason to play the game again.

I assume it's too late for the Abyss league but maybe next time.

All new achievements should be possible to get even after the season is over.
Last bumped on Jan 7, 2018, 10:23:56 PM
This can be both a boon and a curse. If you do add new achievements to the game regularly then they need to be something that can be completed in a reasonable time frame and not something that takes as long as finishing the challenges for a season. It would be nice to have a few achievements each time that get you back into playing the game and can be completed in a few days at most. Then if you get hooked again you will keep playing. The achievements in this game are already a huge time sink and most achievement hunters view them as a reason to NOT play the game. You don't really want something like that holding your game back.
There used to be a cap to how much gamerscore a game was allowed to be earned. Not sure if it was changed.

1000 for base game
250 per paid DLC (up to 750, unless it's a Microsoft flagship game).

There was an article a while back about being able to add more but not to exceed a monthly cap. Never heard anything else after that though.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
Corrison wrote:

1000 for base game
250 per paid DLC (up to 750, unless it's a Microsoft flagship game)

That was the limit on xbox 360 Games.
There are many f2p Games with more than 2000GS. I think they need to add content to be able to add achievements. Thats definitely the case in poe.
On X360, it was 1000gs per DVD release (actually, it was limited to AAA titles), and 250 per arcade game. DLC could add either 100gs or 250gs, but only if content was added.

On X1, it is 1000gs per game regardless of whether it is indie, AAA, disc release or digital only. New content updates (patches or DLC) may add 100 or 250gs (max) with a monthly cap to eligible content additions. I'll see if I can find the source for this, again.

Regarding achievement hunters: This depends on why the hunter hunts achievements. TrueAchievements players will likely continue to play as long as the TA : GS continues to remain above 2.0. Right now, Path of Exile is at a 7.0+ ratio. TrueAchievements go for skill and notoriety, not simply score. Pure completionists, however, will likely skip new achievements if they take too long.

Since PoE becomes more and more a game of skill as one progresses, it is likely that it will attract TA gamers. Frankly, IMO, fast completionists would provide little value to the PoE community and to GGG consumer-base. This generalization is probably not fair to many, but that has been my experience for these types of games.

My 2 cents, definitely add achievements for content updates. For leagues, only if it coincides with a content update and is a 3 month league. (An achievement that is only available for 10 days would just anger a lot of gamers). A prime example of a F2P game that regularly adds achievements with content updates is World of Tanks. They've done a great job keeping their community largely interested and hitting many different facets of their consumer market.
"
LogicalFuzz wrote:
On X360, it was 1000gs per DVD release (actually, it was limited to AAA titles), and 250 per arcade game. DLC could add either 100gs or 250gs, but only if content was added.

On X1, it is 1000gs per game regardless of whether it is indie, AAA, disc release or digital only. New content updates (patches or DLC) may add 100 or 250gs (max) with a monthly cap to eligible content additions. I'll see if I can find the source for this, again.

Regarding achievement hunters: This depends on why the hunter hunts achievements. TrueAchievements players will likely continue to play as long as the TA : GS continues to remain above 2.0. Right now, Path of Exile is at a 7.0+ ratio. TrueAchievements go for skill and notoriety, not simply score. Pure completionists, however, will likely skip new achievements if they take too long.

Since PoE becomes more and more a game of skill as one progresses, it is likely that it will attract TA gamers. Frankly, IMO, fast completionists would provide little value to the PoE community and to GGG consumer-base. This generalization is probably not fair to many, but that has been my experience for these types of games.

My 2 cents, definitely add achievements for content updates. For leagues, only if it coincides with a content update and is a 3 month league. (An achievement that is only available for 10 days would just anger a lot of gamers). A prime example of a F2P game that regularly adds achievements with content updates is World of Tanks. They've done a great job keeping their community largely interested and hitting many different facets of their consumer market.

I think league specific achievements would be great. I don't do a lot of Achievement hunting myself, but for those who do having some HC/SC specific achievements per league would be a fantastic addition.
I don't think it's possible to have achievements that aren't available all the time. Also, the concept of achievements that you can only get at certain times is totally stupid. Who wants to have a game that you can't 100% simply because you didn't play on a specific day or given window. There is a challenge system on xbox that allows companies to do limited time events. There is a reason that no one uses it. No one on xbox likes time limited events. There are too many games out there to be forced to keep having to come back to every game during a given window just to complete one achievement.
"
I think league specific achievements would be great. I don't do a lot of Achievement hunting myself, but for those who do having some HC/SC specific achievements per league would be a fantastic addition.

I don't mind league-specific achievements, as long as they are general and accessible at other times. For instance, breach-specific achievements are available because breaches spawn in maps randomly. The zana mod helps with these. But these are always available and should be the exception rather than the rule.

That said, hardcore and softcore specific achievements would be fine, in general. Also, there are some great opportunities for achievements in challenges. For instance, one achievement could be "Complete 40 Challenges in any challenge league". And another could be "Complete 40 Challenges in any hardcore challenge league".
"
Rashaka1 wrote:
I don't think it's possible to have achievements that aren't available all the time. Also, the concept of achievements that you can only get at certain times is totally stupid.

Correct (mostly) and Agreed. There are situations where achievements can become uncompletable due to systematic changes. This used to happen with some F2P arcade titles.

"
Rashaka1 wrote:
There is a challenge system on xbox that allows companies to do limited time events. There is a reason that no one uses it. No one on xbox likes time limited events. There are too many games out there to be forced to keep having to come back to every game during a given window just to complete one achievement.

While you are correct that the challenge system was implemented to provide that. Sadly, it was not due to a dislike of limited events. In fact, the majority of xbox gamers enjoy events quite a bit. In game events systems are quite popular among the highest population xbox games.

The problem was/is two-fold. The 1st half was that many developers were slow to adopt the new advent as
nothing similar was available cross-platform at the time. Cross-platform games are a way of life now and govern many developer choices. Slow adoption of advents is not unusual. Cross-play, for instance, is another xbox advent almost never utilized, even though it could enhance several gaming communities. A lot comes down to business decisions, and what the developers/publishers feel will provide the best experience for the least hassle (work/money/time/research).

The second came from there was no way to notify gamers when challenges came available so that they would participate. Clubs and Game-Hubs can easily rectify this in combination with the new Dashboard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info