[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

I would stop using body swap and just use empower on unearth to boost the damage even more.
"
RGWxXPOPXx wrote:

Did you replace anger or herald of ice with vitality?

I dropped Herald of Ice, since Anger gives more flat damage and also I have some flat fire damage scaling on my rings and Kaoms.

I think running cremation over empower probably gives more damage if your dropping bodyswap, havent actually done any calculations though. Right now I am swapping Power charge on crit for bosses because it shares the blue socket.

edit: cleaned up typo's and quote, didnt change content.
Last edited by snowman41 on Jan 24, 2018, 12:09:11 AM
"
xxxsea333x wrote:
this build is trash thanks for wasting my time. s

what the... why making this build so bad, whats your problem?

playing without jewel, no vitality-gem full mf-gear and have no Problems farming shaped vault or other red maps

btw. dont have the helm-enchant, dont wanna waste exas for the helm if it works fine without the enchant :)

nice build / nice guide
Last edited by xtREEN on Jan 24, 2018, 6:41:21 AM
So I am running your build without Bodyswap (thanks for posting the suggestion for those of us who don't like it) So far this has been great!

Quick question, I see you take the skill tree node that allows for more than one curse, but I only see you using Assassins Mark in your gems. Where does our second curse come from?

EDIT:
Nevermind, its an Elder/Shaper Ring
Last edited by Gaidin85 on Jan 24, 2018, 10:20:18 AM
For Damage, Scolds Bridle Helm with Enchant is BiS for this build ?
"
snowman41 wrote:
"
RGWxXPOPXx wrote:

Did you replace anger or herald of ice with vitality?

I dropped Herald of Ice, since Anger gives more flat damage and also I have some flat fire damage scaling on my rings and Kaoms.

I think running cremation over empower probably gives more damage if your dropping bodyswap, havent actually done any calculations though. Right now I am swapping Power charge on crit for bosses because it shares the blue socket.

edit: cleaned up typo's and quote, didnt change content.

Thanks! I would give it a try soon. Same for the cremation. I'm using culling strike now but cremation might be a better idea.
"
xxxsea333x wrote:
this build is trash thanks for wasting my time. s

This build is amazing.
ty for tips and help.
Playing has inquisitor and done uber lab easy, first try.

If you use any other spells apart from VD and unearth you are gimping the damage output.
Essentially either VD or Unearth will be skipped due to the 3rd spell being triggered.
For max damage you need to scale VD and unearth only. Unearth scales by increasing the corpse life which is done using empower. The explosions do as much damage as the balls so for bosses you want to be aiming at their feet for the most amount of damage output.
Bodyswap might be ok if you are just clearing maps and dont care about single target damage.
Last edited by Markuchi on Jan 24, 2018, 7:23:48 PM
"
Markuchi wrote:
If you use any other spells apart from VD and unearth you are gimping the damage output.
Essentially either VD or Unearth will be skipped due to the 3rd spell being triggered.
For max damage you need to scale VD and unearth only. Unearth scales by increasing the corpse life which is done using empower. The explosions do as much damage as the balls so for bosses you want to be aiming at their feet for the most amount of damage output.
Bodyswap might be ok if you are just clearing maps and dont care about single target damage.

How much more dmg does this give you vs using something like culling strike though? I like the curse on hit setup for my frenzy attack so I cannot fit culling in there as you did.
"
Gaidin85 wrote:
"
Markuchi wrote:

How much more dmg does this give you vs using something like culling strike though? I like the curse on hit setup for my frenzy attack so I cannot fit culling in there as you did.

I dont think Culling strike is worth it unless you really have a free socket.
I guess Inquisitor has issues with mana leech so you need that curse?
To help with mana leech you could get the enchant on the boots?

Corpse health at lv85 is around 23k and at lv87 around 26.3k based on the experiment here
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7r0wun/unearth_experimentation_level_91_corpses_have/

You can put these figures into PoB to figure out the increase in damage output for you.
With Berzerker I have native leech, can fit culling strike into frenzy and still use empower with unearth. really the only way to scale unearth is empower unless someone else has a better idea.

Im about 1.9mil dps and more than half of that is VD explosions not the balls, this is while wearing biscos. If I put in my damage amulet its about 2.2mil dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info