Is there a way to progress to level and get skill points without playing campaign again?

"
Hayrich wrote:
I've had enough of campaign, I just want to do leagues and progress to maps.

I'm not fast like some streamers, will probably need a week to get to the end of the campaign with moderate playtime. Besides, I'm sick of running the same quests over and over.

Is there a way I can play leagues and level, get all the skill point books, without needing to rush campaign again?

scaling endless ledge till lvl 75 and then maps... the dream.
"
FCK42 wrote:
You could at least be happy that you don't have to run the campaign three times per character anymore.

4 times
They laughed at her...
pointed fingers, pulled their children away and whispered in the streets.
burned her home and drove her from the village.

...She got even...

THEY are counted among the burned and withered corpses in her wake.
The campaign does get stale after a while, which is why I've turned it into a race - how quickly can I get from 0 to ~68 and get all the skill books?

My best time is 16 hours. Looking at some streamers, I know I can top that.

This is how I get through campaigns for new characters now.
ALl you have to do is realize that the areas in the campaign are just maps that you don't have to collect or pay for. There really isn't much of a difference when you boil it down.

You create areas with monsters in them. Kill monsters. That describes both maps and non-map instances.

I'll admit that there are details that differentiate them, but they're marginal.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
ALl you have to do is realize that the areas in the campaign are just maps that you don't have to collect or pay for. There really isn't much of a difference when you boil it down.

You create areas with monsters in them. Kill monsters. That describes both maps and non-map instances.

I'll admit that there are details that differentiate them, but they're marginal.

The biggest difference for me is that any given build I'm working on is much more tedious and clumsy early in the game. Trying to get by on next to nothing skill-wise even with a twinked out character is still pretty tedious and gets stale for me.

But that's not GGG's fault of course, which is why I personally find ways around it, mentally.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I wouldn't mind it so much if I could just switch off and rush through campaign, treating it like a series of maps. Run to the main objective, so as to speak.

Problem is, some side quests confer skill books. Maybe veterans remember exactly which Act has which quests, and what needs to be done, but for people like me I just do everything for fear of missing out.

I was hoping, by now, we have an elective mode that simply offers brainless runs until you reach level 68. Then when that happens you get all the skill books you should have received via campaign, plus your choice in the bandits quest. I wouldn't care about gems since they drop all over, and you can vendor buy anyway.
Just the thought of running back and forth doing fetch boy work for busts, spools, potions, ingredients and whatnot, plus that running back and forth in that final Act 10.... I mean, all I want is a simple leveling mode where I don't have to do all this again every league.
"
Hayrich wrote:
Just the thought of running back and forth doing fetch boy work for busts, spools, potions, ingredients and whatnot, plus that running back and forth in that final Act 10.... I mean, all I want is a simple leveling mode where I don't have to do all this again every league.

My gut reaction is that a system like that for people who have already completed the campaign isn't the most outlandish suggestion but my bet is that there's some pitfall to that we haven't thought of. That happens a lot when I think of some way to improve this game, and so far GGG's pointed out a lot of shit I miss when I think I could make their game better than they do.
"
sainthazard wrote:
"
Hayrich wrote:

My gut reaction is that a system like that for people who have already completed the campaign isn't the most outlandish suggestion but my bet is that there's some pitfall to that we haven't thought of. That happens a lot when I think of some way to improve this game, and so far GGG's pointed out a lot of shit I miss when I think I could make their game better than they do.

If GGG considers this for a start, that'll be good enough for me.

At this point I just can't drag myself to start another campaign again.
For what it's worth, there is a chat command that shows you which quests for skill-books you're still missing, so you don't have to do everything again every time.
Type /passives in chat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7iloln/psa_passives_after_completing_act_10_now_shows/

Have to improve my Act8-time as well, was running circles finding everything this league after only playing through the whole story once in Harbinger and also completed every quest this time.
Well, something to work on ;)

Edit: added chat-command
Last edited by Antaiseito on Dec 13, 2017, 10:38:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info