Flicker Fun Times

So I was look through the new uniques post and came across this little gem (errr jewel) called "The Golden Rule". It has this curious line which states "Bleeding you inflict is Reflected to you" (same for poison but idc about that). I then remembered the unique boots The Red Trail which says "Gain a Frenzy Charge on Hit while Bleeding". So I haven't had a chance to test this yet in standard or in Abyss given a lack of funds and The Golden Rule currently going for 2 ex in standard, but I would hazard a guess that if I were to hit a something with both of those items equipped, I would get a bleed debuff applied to me. I would then, I assume, get a frenzy charge on my very next hit while I still had that debuff up, no? So if I were to, say, have two Mjolners, The Red Trail, and The Golden Rule, as well as a source of bleed, then I would be able to non-stop Flicker Strike with said Mjolners until my GPU burst, correct? Assuming this works, does anyone else have any other fun Flicker Strike weapon ideas now that it's potentially no longer tied just to Terminus or Oro's?
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2017, 10:39:35 AM
I saw that same jewel and had almost the exact same thought, I want to try and play around with this interaction at some point.

The only hitch is you'd have to carefully tune your bleed damage so that it's there, but insignificant, otherwise you'll just exsanguinate yourself in a fraction of a second. And that's no good.

Also, in regards to how the mechanics actually work as far as "reflected" bleeding, does the enemy have to be actively bleeding for you to also bleed, or is the total bleed damage reflected applied to you as a sort of equal and opposite reaction to your bleeding? The former may not function with Flicker Strike if you stop bleeding the moment all enemies are dead. The latter, however, will still function but has the added danger of applying a shitload of bleed damage to you over several attacks.

It's probably worth fiddling with.
"
sainthazard wrote:
I saw that same jewel and had almost the exact same thought, I want to try and play around with this interaction at some point.

The only hitch is you'd have to carefully tune your bleed damage so that it's there, but insignificant, otherwise you'll just exsanguinate yourself in a fraction of a second. And that's no good.

Also, in regards to how the mechanics actually work as far as "reflected" bleeding, does the enemy have to be actively bleeding for you to also bleed, or is the total bleed damage reflected applied to you as a sort of equal and opposite reaction to your bleeding? The former may not function with Flicker Strike if you stop bleeding the moment all enemies are dead. The latter, however, will still function but has the added danger of applying a shitload of bleed damage to you over several attacks.

Well if you're doing this as a Mjolner build, then the bleed damage should be easy to curtail by simply not investing anything other than the weapon's str requirement into physical damage. Since we don't care about Flicker's damage so much as we care about getting Mjolner procs, we can add a bunch of useful supports that either reduce or don't add to the damage of Flicker, like Splash + CoH + Conductivity. My only concern is whether or not the reflected bleed actually applies a stack of bleed to you, or if it just calculates the amount of damage your bleed does and applies it to you directly. I assume it's the former, but just a thought. Luckily, barring any odd circumstances, we can still only have one bleed instance on ourselves that's actually dealing damage, so as long as we keep the bleed damage down, which is easy to do, then this should be a really sustainable clear build.
I play Flicker Strike pretty much every league, starting as an RF Guardian this league though. I'll definitely play around with The Golden Rule + Red Trail later in the league. Seems like the combo might enable lots of fun infinite Flicker builds!

Keeping the bleed damage on yourself to a minimum is key, like previously stated. Mjölner or maybe Cospri's or Hyaon's Fury could be fun. Another option is using a physical weapon and convertting the damage with Physical to Lightning + Winter Spirit. That leaves only 10% physical damage. It can be halved by going Slayer with Headsman for "50% Reduced Reflected Physical Damage taken". Bleeds from 5% of your damage can't be too bad with high physical reduction, right? Also, you get lots of leech to counteract it as Slayer.
What about Ngamahu's flame? As a raider, combined with the ele cnversion nodes you only keep 10% of the physical damage and deal the rest as cold and fire. And with the insane speed from flicker I'm preeetty sure you'll drop some balls on the tougher enemies.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
sainthazard wrote:

Flickering is not considered movement so bleeding will have little effect on you.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info