Start selling your game and update min spec requirements.

"
Hastur667 wrote:
My i7-2600k from 2011 paired with a 250 bucks GPU (1060) can hold 70 fps on wqhd resolution and nearly everything maxed...? This can only be a troll or you are playing on an entry lvl pc from 2013.

try amd/radeon, then come back
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
"
Hastur667 wrote:
My i7-2600k from 2011 paired with a 250 bucks GPU (1060) can hold 70 fps on wqhd resolution and nearly everything maxed...? This can only be a troll or you are playing on an entry lvl pc from 2013.

965 BE 6990 here. Fuck my gaming experience generally.
Last edited by Sixtysan on Dec 13, 2017, 6:48:57 AM
"
percydaman2 wrote:
Clearly everybody here who disagrees is wrong and boem is right. No way he's wrong. Pack it up boys, we lost this one. No need to further pile on, he'll just continue to ignore the cacophony of dissenting voices.

So far i ignored

1) people going grammar nazi on the definition of f2p and "min spec" which is irrelevant to my point regarding development direction and increasing system load with each addition to the game.

2) people focusing on my spec since i posted it, which again is irrelevant to this thread since i am not bothered by the increasing system load. I'm pretty well off so it doesn't effect me and i can simply upgrade when i feel my system is under-performing to much.

The only thing i see here for the most part is people incapable of empathizing with people who are not as well off and which were a fundamental part of the community to get this game going in my opinion.

I reckon PoE at the start had a big portion of it's player-base from the "low end users" due to it's F2P nature and it's low system load at the time.

tl;dr people being ego centric and incapable of reflecting on the past. Nothing new, but flames or "git gud whine post's" from such people also don't bother me one bit.

There is nothing wrong with having a different opinion or perception(cipher for example), it's a pretty fundamental part of a discussion. But responding without understanding the issue i'm pointing at is a bad start for discourse.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Necromael wrote:

Switched from a 5850 to the 1060, CPU stayed the same. And even that 5850 kicked boem's 460's ass.
If you own an amd cpu that isnt Ryzen / intel cpu older than sandy, or a GPU older than 970 / 780 // 290/390, you are ripe for an upgrade. Period.
Never in the history of pc gaming has hardware lasted as long (performance wise) as today. A lot of you got spoiled and think this is normal. No it isnt. In the early 2000s you basically threw out everything every 2 years and made jumps of 100-200% in performance. If you cant update your trash after 7 years (gtx 460) then GGG had a giant hint for you :
Path of Exile - XBone Edition
Reach out and touch hate.
Last edited by Hastur667 on Dec 13, 2017, 10:26:39 AM
Lets just all agree that the game could use further optimization
I dont see any any key!
"
Hastur667 wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:

Switched from a 5850 to the 1060, CPU stayed the same. And even that 5850 kicked boem's 460's ass.
If you own an amd cpu that isnt Ryzen / intel cpu older than sandy, or a GPU older than 970 / 780 // 290/390, you are ripe for an upgrade. Period.
Never in the history of pc gaming has hardware lasted as long (performance wise) as today. A lot of you got spoiled and think this is normal. No it isnt. In the early 2000s you basically threw out everything every 2 years and made jumps of 100-200% in performance. If you cant update your trash after 7 years (gtx 460) then GGG had a giant hint for you :
Path of Exile - XBone Edition

How are you not ashamed of yourself? I'd rather not post such bs.

My pc is 2 years old and bought to play poe and I still have issues. Please don't play a smart guy and suppose what you don't know.
Last edited by Necromael on Dec 13, 2017, 11:37:47 AM
Wait what ? free to play means low end pc ? lol
Hu.... That's a new one, you learn something everyday i guess.
"
Necromael wrote:

How are you not ashamed of yourself? I'd rather not post such bs.

My pc is 2 years old and bought to play poe and I still have issues. Please don't play a smart guy and suppose what you don't know.

[Removed by Support]
Release date
GTX 980 19. Sep. 2014
i5-4690K 2. June 2014

I go as far as guaranteeing that the game runs flawless on this combo. Sometimes its a smarter decision to fork over a bit more cash for the long run.
[Removed by Support]
Reach out and touch hate.
Last edited by Ben_GGG on Dec 13, 2017, 12:27:09 PM
Sorry for going offtopic from OP.

There are 2 things obvious here :

GGG should either

1. Update minimum system requirements with some level of guarantee that players with such and better configuration will be able to enjoy the game on optimal level

or

2. Optimize the game in a way that currently listed reqs are valid for enjoyable gaming experience in their game

Everything else is hypocrisy

This weekend I'll test the game on friends 64gb , dual titan x and dunno which processor on 4k screen, to see if i get frame drops.
"
Necromael wrote:
Sorry for going offtopic from OP.

Don't sweat it, 80% of the post's in this thread fail to understand my OP and are off-topic.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info