Start selling your game and update min spec requirements.

I like how this thread first focuses on the irrelevant definitions of F2P and min specs and then proceeds to people flaming me for my specs which are also irrelevant.

With some solid "get lots troll" shuffled in. At least some solid irony value in this thread.

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
As for the specs in a development targeting way... all of their eye candy introduced over the years has really shot client performance to hell. I don't think the dev teams even bother trying to make end-game gameplay smooth. Instead I'd wager they just make progression smooth. And that's a major disservice to their core players.

Pretty much, story line is smooth for the most part. And in maps shit hit's the fan.

Massive amount of mobs, massive amount of effects and layering of those effects one on-top of the other.

Died to some sunder minotaurs in a map like 30 minutes ago, their sunder was exactly 0% visible in between the abyss crack, 20+ volatile death orbs floating around, cremation firing its fountain of orbs and 60+ mobs including some rares with their own effects.(flicker slam bats etc)

I can't begin to imagine how much of a visual crap-shoot this game is with multiple players in the same instance layering even more effects on one another.

If they continue to layer visual effects like this and going with the "more is better" strategy instead of giving actual relevance to visual cue's then where in for a funny ride.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : i wonder how many people get baited by the early performance only to realize when they reach
"true end-game" that the game "apparently" is not for them.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Dec 12, 2017, 4:34:36 PM
Shouldn't really have a minimum spec, but just a recommended spec.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Back to something we can agree upon. :-) ...

"
Boem wrote:
i got intel core i7, 16 gigs ram and a geforce gtx 460, my pc is old but it's hardly relevant to the thread.

Like i said, i'll upgrade if the problem and direction of development persists.

Indeed. That configuration should be more than enough to play PoE, which is a good example of the poor performing PoE engine that we've been dealing with as it gets worse and worse with every release since 2.4.0. What ran well on systems in 2016 with PoE now struggle.

Why exactly should a card from 7 years ago run a current game at even medium graphics? And I really think you guys are forgetting how bad the game ran a few years ago. Back before the multi-threading, dx11, improving how data was loaded into ram, and all the other optimization they did the last two years or so. Remember when it took 5 minutes to open the game, and when the game locked up every time you opened a strongbox?
"
Telzen wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Back to something we can agree upon. :-) ...

"
Boem wrote:
i got intel core i7, 16 gigs ram and a geforce gtx 460, my pc is old but it's hardly relevant to the thread.

Like i said, i'll upgrade if the problem and direction of development persists.

Indeed. That configuration should be more than enough to play PoE, which is a good example of the poor performing PoE engine that we've been dealing with as it gets worse and worse with every release since 2.4.0. What ran well on systems in 2016 with PoE now struggle.

Why exactly should a card from 7 years ago run a current game at even medium graphics? And I really think you guys are forgetting how bad the game ran a few years ago. Back before the multi-threading, dx11, improving how data was loaded into ram, and all the other optimization they did the last two years or so. Remember when it took 5 minutes to open the game, and when the game locked up every time you opened a strongbox?

You can throw that question back though.

Can you imagine how the game would currently run if they didn't add all of the layered "eye candy" while doing the same optimizations.

Obviously they optimized and improved over the years and every single time they take a step forward in how the game runs, they push it two steps back by implementing content that invalidates those improvements.

Think perandus release and how "glorious" your system chocked when encountering a box.

Or ground effects, which we all know serve absolutely no purpose in the current end-game but are still implemented and forcing graphical load for no real benefit.

You can focus on my specs, but it's irrelevant to the point that they need to address optimization and how they develop by simply adding more on top all the time.
I have no issue upgrading, but i reckon not everybody is as fortunate and i think it sux to be them.
Playing PoE "okay" in one league and rendered "unplayable" in the next just because.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
But this a fri to pali gaem my bruh

pls pay 15 dolans foar stash tebz cuz we hab no foodz to eatz :(((( :sadface: tynks for yr supart!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Dec 13, 2017, 6:01:44 AM
Clearly everybody here who disagrees is wrong and boem is right. No way he's wrong. Pack it up boys, we lost this one. No need to further pile on, he'll just continue to ignore the cacophony of dissenting voices.
"
Perq wrote:

pls pay 15 dolans foar stash tebz cuz we hab no foodz to eatz :(((( :sadface: tynks for yr supart!

Someone's salty about the map tab price.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

Someone's salty about the map tab price.

How can you tell? May it be that I said that I am?

NO?! You must be genius.
Of course I'm salty. This shit is ridiculous. I'm surprised people aren't. Heck, people THANK GGG for allowing them to pay 15$ for shitty stash tab.

Also, I wonder how many people asked this brilliant question to people who were salty about DLC/season pass fuckery in other games or D3 Necromancer? One can only wonder. :-@
That said, while angry at GGG, I'm fully (I hope) reasonable. So I'm sorry if you wanted to make me angry at you. You can't. :P
Last edited by Perq on Dec 13, 2017, 6:17:58 AM
My i7-2600k from 2011 paired with a 250 bucks GPU (1060) can hold 70 fps on wqhd resolution and nearly everything maxed...? This can only be a troll or you are playing on an entry lvl pc from 2013.
Reach out and touch hate.
Last edited by Hastur667 on Dec 13, 2017, 6:26:00 AM
"
Hastur667 wrote:
My i7-2600k from 2011 paired with a 250 bucks GPU (1060) can hold 70 fps on wqhd resolution and nearly everything maxed...? This can only be a troll or you are playing on an entry lvl pc from 2013.

i7 is high end processor line :| 1060 is a new GPU.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info