Start selling your game and update min spec requirements.

Performance is bad with this release but compared to 4 years ago its not all that bad. Too be fair I built my PC a year ago because this game was almost unplayable on my old PC. Hopefully GGG can get the “new” performance issues resolved soon.
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
"
Boem wrote:

By advertising free2play your inviting a big portion of people with low income and low-end specs.

As much as I like to read Your posts and comments through the Years, Boem, this one makes me scratch my head...

Fif if rafift!!1

Where is f2p for a big portion directed to ppl with low income and low-end specs? sorry, but this is ridiculous :p

And if one remembers where all this started with some guys wanting to develop their dream diablo2 "successor" and where this "monster" of a game is today, I think it runs quite okay and I have respect for what they made out of it.

yeah it's choppy and clunky sometimes but poe rocks nonetheless :)
Last edited by armar on Dec 12, 2017, 11:18:59 AM
What the heck Boem ? somebody hacked your forum account ?

The Free2play expression has literaly nothing to do with the spec required to play, it's pointing to the economic model of a game. Words have their significance and limits as far as i remember.

On a side note i understand your frustration i couldn't play PoE with my older computer anymore, doesn't mean everything is related to a poor foundation, game company are looking forward to implement new tech effects and so on and that make a lot more sense than always looking for lower specs.

Even Minecraft authors ended to understand that, they kinda forced their users to move on an higher java version at some points.

Hf :)
Boem I agree 50%(on balance,can't play but its apparent its messed up ATM)

But minimum specs,on all games till now that I've played since 1995 was just that.The bare minimum your .exe can run and it had nothimg to do with "OK performance".You sound lime this people saying that GGG has stock market profits from selling ssd's.

Don't be that guy.Those are self aware of the joke at least.

And it's true,game needs more options to downgrade the graphical strain.Though in time I figured it was more fked up code rather than graphical intense issues that caused issues.And we all know how the first month of a league is a patch fest to fix said issues of each league
Bye bye desync!
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
By advertising free2play your inviting a big portion of people with low income and low-end specs.

Your argument is based on an assumption that F2P is about lower-end games meant for people with less money. The reality is that people often spend *more* in F2P games. From your supporter tags alone, you already paid for a regular game many times over.

No my assumption is based on the fact that, they can.

You don't put a minimal financial requirement on participating in the game, thus they are allowed to join and can do so.
Obviously not by accident since the game is driven by an economy for which you need a baseline saturation of the player-base to reliably function.

"
armar wrote:
Where is f2p for a big portion directed to ppl with low income and low-end specs? sorry, but this is ridiculous :p

There is a substantial difference between something being directed at a crowd or simply inviting them by meeting the requirements to join which in this case is nothing coupled with a ridicules "min spec" requirement when comparing with the current reality or state of the game.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Must just be lucky, because I've never had these performance issues that seem to drive people crazy. Probably just have close to what GGG considers "normal".
"
Boem wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Your argument is based on an assumption that F2P is about lower-end games meant for people with less money. The reality is that people often spend *more* in F2P games. From your supporter tags alone, you already paid for a regular game many times over.

No my assumption is based on the fact that, they can.

You don't put a minimal financial requirement on participating in the game, thus they are allowed to join and can do so.
Obviously not by accident since the game is driven by an economy for which you need a baseline saturation of the player-base to reliably function.

"
armar wrote:

There is a substantial difference between something being directed at a crowd or simply inviting them by meeting the requirements to join which in this case is nothing coupled with a ridicules "min spec" requirement when comparing with the current reality or state of the game.

Peace,

-Boem-

See my post
Bye bye desync!
Yeah poor ppl don't deserve nice things! <puts on monocle and top hat, then ask servants to throws scraps at starving pleb while sipping tea in mahogany armchair>
Not a signature.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Must just be lucky, because I've never had these performance issues that seem to drive people crazy. Probably just have close to what GGG considers "normal".

same, and im running on an 8 year old PC

its not perfect but its not the nightmare people make it out to be
I dont see any any key!
Nope.
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info