Need help with Maim Support

Right now I am playing a 2H sword physical cyclone build, which is a breeze so far and insanely fun to play.

I have been looking for support gem synergies, and most people use Maim support instead of other gems. I'm trying to figure out the reasoning behind it. Does Maim count as a status ailment? Does it proc the Blade Master passive (25% increase damage with ailments from attacks) ?

I am a bit confused about this-

Thanks,

Matt-

Last bumped on Dec 11, 2017, 5:40:54 PM
I think Maim support is chosen for the 15-30% MORE damage modifier. I prefer fortify though.

According to the wiki, maim is a debuff, not an ailment.
Wow, you are right. I was going out of my way thinking too much for no reason. The damage on the gem itself is actually really good on it's own. Thank you.
"
acamat wrote:
Wow, you are right. I was going out of my way thinking too much for no reason. The damage on the gem itself is actually really good on it's own. Thank you.

Physical only cyclone will fall off late game due to ruthless being removed from the pool of support gems. I would suggest to transfer to an elemental version soonish as it has a lot more variety in gems and can easier achieve higher dps marks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info