Crit Staff Ground Slam with Voll's Protector

Hi felllow geeks - I am seeking your guidance :)

This is my first charachter in POE (btw - this game is awesome!) and I've decied to go with a critical build due to old prefrence from Diablo.

The build that I've used as a starting point is this: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55050/page/10 "The Crit Ground Slammer"

I was considering wether I'd be worth it, to get into Power Charges. Including this last bandit reward, one could acheive a maximum of 4 power charges using only 5 extra skill points.

Does that make up for Voll's Protection?

Here is the skill tree, that I am considering (lvl 40 now, but saved up the last 10skill points): http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBAcEswVbDH0OSA_EEH8RlhHbFE0VUBb5GF0aOBpsHwImlSlPLR8yiTbFO3w8BT1fRHJI50yzTdhQMFBCUlNVS1XGV-JYrlqmW1ljQ2ZPbRlte3BScNV35Xy7f8aBSYFvgh6Cm4M4hMSFfYg4i4yMNox2j0aQVZeVm6Gdip2jna6ePJ-0n9-iAKIuoqOnCKc0p4SpaLI4tUi4k7jKwBrAUcHzxp7PZdDQ2CTbC9zH44TkIuw473zzcfPq99f8qw==
I am most uncertain regarding Eldritch Battery - I guess it's not really worth it.

Regards
/Rune
Last edited by Rune3400 on Feb 27, 2013, 4:41:44 PM
Personnally, to solve Voll's Protector mana penalty, I would use Blood magic instead of Eldritch Battery. And to solve Voll's Protector lack of defense, I'd use a shield.

I realize that those 2 changes would completely change your build though.

So, instead of suggesting change to your build, I will post the idea I had for my next build :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAecCcQQHBLMS4RPMFCAUTRVQFkAX6hhdGJEZLhpVHRQfAiNNJ-0pTy3SMok2xTboNuk6UjrYPAU9X0A2RHJG10yzTdhP81AwUEdR-VJTVcZXDVfiWK9Z82EhZKNmT2aecLt253flgUmCm4M4g7GExIV9i4yMdo9GkFWRzpJ9l5WX9Jhvns2fPp_fogCi6qcIpzCqUqyqsji0-bvtwBrJmM9l0NDSIdgk2WHewd-_4XPjauSt5c_sOOzL7SDvfPAf8930z_ba97760vtF

This character would use Ground slam as his main skill but with a sceptre with high local crit instead of a staff. For Auras, because of blood magic limitations, I'd use only Wrath and Anger. The life cost of the auras would be limited by the reduced mana cost gem + 2 reduced mana reservation passives.

I'd probably support Ground slam with the following support : Melee Physical Damage, Increased Critical Strike, Added Fire damage and, with a 5L, Weapon Elemental damage.

For extra defense (Endurance charges) and for life leech, I'd use the Warlord Mark Curse.

That would give me 6 endurance charges and 6 Power charges. Beside the obvious benefits, those charges could be use to unleash powerful discharges when in trouble (with concentrated effect + Iron Will + quality Culling strike).

The +41% elemental damage and +20% area damage from the passive tree would benefit both Ground Slam and Discharge. The 300 strenght from the passive tree would also benefit both skills, thanks to Iron Will.

For defense, I would use both Energy shield (so all that intelligence isn't wasted) and Armor (for the synergy with endurance charges). I realize that using any skill with blood magic would prevent shield regeneration but I see 2 possible solutions to that problem : Zealot Oak or simply trying to not get hurt (Ground slam helps with that). If you do get hurt, end the thread and stop attacking until the energy shield replenish.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Feb 27, 2013, 4:58:10 PM
So how would you manage accuracy? Ground slam can miss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info