Can We Have In Game Pause Now?

Shaper encounter in maps clearly shows that it is possible to pause the game.

Can we have a pause function when there is only 1 player in the party? Especially for players who play SSF.

There are many occasions that I have to run to a safe spot to open a portal and head back to hideout before answering a call. And that is just 1 example.

Please. This will add so much QOL to the game.
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2017, 6:10:18 PM
Shaper doesn't pause the game.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
crystalwitch wrote:

Not Shaper Shaper but rather, the Shaper invaded map. During the boss fight of that map, Shaper will show up and the whole game is paused.
They have this in Grim dawn, just press space bar to pause. Somebody would probably find a way to abuse it though. Getting overwhelmed in combat is a key part of game play and if you can pause and evaluate you may be able to make a better choice and thus lead to more conservative gameplay. Maybe one pause per 10 minutes or something that way it isn't abused and only used for legit afk reasons.
"
They have this in Grim dawn, just press space bar to pause. Somebody would probably find a way to abuse it though. Getting overwhelmed in combat is a key part of game play and if you can pause and evaluate you may be able to make a better choice and thus lead to more conservative gameplay. Maybe one pause per 10 minutes or something that way it isn't abused and only used for legit afk reasons.

If you pause all the time, it would slow down your gameplay considerably, which most people wouldn't want. It might be useful for HC players, but I don't know how many would actually use it instead of an instant logout macro.
If you limit the use with a set time like 10 minutes, it essentially doesn't solve the problem, if someone calls again in that time (referring to OP's example).

An option to prevent analysis of the combat during pause would be to use a standard menu overlay like most games have. Just make the actual game invisible and show only the menu. You could still make a screenshot right before, but if you have time to press a screenshot button and a pause button, you have time to react and don't need the pause to get an advantage (yes, you could set up THAT in a macro, but overall it would be very complicated and I don't think it would be fun for most people; one certainly wouldn't dominate hc ladders).

I've gotten used to moving away (at most 5s) and using a portal if it's something important or simply clearing the pack or fight if it isn't, so this wouldn't benefit me much, but I understand why it might be useful.
You can't have your Cake (persistent online) and Eat It Too (pauseable game).

That is the bottom line.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
crystalwitch wrote:

Not Shaper Shaper but rather, the Shaper invaded map. During the boss fight of that map, Shaper will show up and the whole game is paused.

Never thought of that,but it is a pause(well everything still moves when it comes to effects.)

I guess it would be a technical issue. Maybe something to be added on custom leagues or something
Bye bye desync!
yeah.... would make life way to easy...
I dont see any any key!
Yeah let's press pause every time we run around a corner to see if we need to logout or not.NOPE
Last edited by Tr3Angel on Dec 11, 2017, 1:05:25 PM
You're not "paused"... you're frozen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info