Don't play unless you want to lose your GPU!

That's odd for a second I could have sworn that unless your gpu is crazilly overclocked and or missing the heat sink that any gpu made within the last 2 decades would shut down WAYYY before doing self damage...Sound like a defective GPU...oh btw I use a GTX 680 and it is running cool as an iceberg on max settings in heavy maps.

You think it's..I don't know maybe a little possible your placing a lot of blame prematurely without having much of any knowledge on computers?...I would say so.

I guess we can look at all the other destroyed gpu posts flooding in...ow wait...their are none.
Last edited by Stealthe on Dec 10, 2017, 10:52:20 PM
"
Hexcaliber wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
GTX 980 39c under load watercooled

2600K @ 4.7ghz 37c also watercoooled

What the actual fuck - does the watercooler on the GPU make that much of a difference? do you have play at 1080p?

When water cooling, provided you use an adequate pump and radiator the temp should rarely exceed the ambient temp; temps around 20c-30c are typical.

A gtx980 under 40C is mind boggling. Does this logic apply to CPU's as well?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

A gtx980 under 40C is mind boggling. Does this logic apply to CPU's as well?

It's also silent. 2 x 120mm fans only spin at 700 rpm on 240 mm radiator. The radiator fans are only fans in whole system. I could make it cooler just run fans higher. Cost me like $500 just for cooling like full cover GPU block $140 each time I upgrade. Pump $100. CPU block $80. etc Everything swiftech expect GPU block EK.
Git R Dun!
Clean your PCs.

I'm running POE at max on a R9 390x, i5-6500, 16gb RAM. And I think I installed a Cooler Master 212.

I noticed some heat coming from the vents the other day so I opened it up and cleaned it.

I also moved it slightly so the tower gets some more cool air flow.

It runs super smooth and blows cool air out of the vent now.

Turn off your PC when you are done, clean your PC, make sure it is getting airflow.
I also run a GTX 970. The drivers for that cards low level commands ( fan speed auto adjust ) are not great. I had the exact same issue with over heating. First, get MSI Afterburner and intall it with Riva Tuner. Set a manual fan curve ( I use a basic temp=percent ratio. ) Took my GPU from average 80C to 45C with just that change. If you want to really narrow down issues you can run HWMoniter and see what's hot and what's not during game play.
Also running a 390x. Afterburner reports that my peak today was 71C. It hovers around 65ish. It's not too bad. AMD cards like to run hot and loud, just because.

PoE does give a very popular SquareEnix MMO a run for it's money in terms of heat, which is surprising.

I wouldn't worry about 55C and, as someone said, if you are paranoid install afterburner and setup target temps.
oh lord.

In this screenshot that card is sitting at 29% rated TDP, rock solid.

Fan and clock logic will regulate temperatures at the allowed operating limits. Not convinced? Crank up that detail to high, and the gpu temp will only go up by a couple degrees. Your computer case will seem somehow noisier. Coincidence?

55C. Well within nominal for a GPU core. Quite cool, in fact.
Here's what NVIDIA has to say about nominal operating temps for their GPUs. Nvidia GPUs declock at around 105C to prevent overheating
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Dec 11, 2017, 1:33:22 AM
My gpu runs at 90+ daily (fan broken... hot as hell... AMD card)

Right now its freezing in my room so my card is only 98C i think but normally temp is so high i can only play for 15min max or it will overheat :D

Good luck buying a card with the wack over priced shit thats going on right now
LMAO! youre an idiot ....60% is intensive come on brother someone built that rig for you ...the only software thats burned a gpu that i know of is FUR mark and that was back in the day before all the throttling system fails going ons maybe you should look into that and come back ....POE is nowhere fucking near as intensive as that ....so i dont know about you burning a 970 LMAO!!
IGN : Detrium
"
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Sorry bud, but if you lost your GPU then you allowed it to get in the state that it is, this is what happens when you have a good card and decide to go full retard on the setting and forcing it to run at max (stuff like not limiting the frame rates)

I'm always running my PoE settings at the lowest possible due to the poor optimalisation yet the card got burned. FPS was always limited, vsync turned on and it was always running at 60 fps (going lower though on fights)

Turning shadows off etc, so don't blame it on my stupidity. There is a problem with the game.

Complete and utter BS, I have a GTX 970 and it runs fine in 4k with medium settings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info