Abyss in the first 7 hours is better than harbinger in 3 months

-Actual rewards that cant be obtained on standard
-No excessive soul killing shard micromanagement
-engaging game play
-no ridiculous summoning delay/fps consumption
-Abyss mobs even early on are very distinct and force you to actually play the game unlike harbigner flame dashing for -40% fps.

and this is at level 20. I have not had this much fun playing PoE since breach league.

Did GGG intentionally make harbinger as mediocre as possible so this expansion would feel like a god send?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 8, 2017, 11:46:36 PM
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2017, 6:38:54 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

-Actual rewards that cant be obtained on standard
-engaging game play
-no ridiculous summoning delay/fps consumption

and this is at level 20.

Did GGG intentionally make harbinger as mediocre as possible so this expansion would feel like a god send?

I agree. GGG did a great job with this expansion. The FPS is solid, and the mix of mods will make for some very interesting gear choices. The monster and graphic styles seem very intuitive.

Thanks GGG!
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I'm not playing the league due to work but it seems like the reception in our guild chat is really damn good.

There's also nice surprises ahead, I've fought Elder once already and I gotta figure out how to find him again :o
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Must agree, like the run so far (only been on for 2 hours)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I never thought I would be skipping rares in Act 1 with how abundant the loot is in this league.
Only played an hour so far but things feel good!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
As a result will this sink gear value? Maybe I can buy Kaom heart for a fusing soon...Noice
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
I feel just the opposite, Harbinger was ok, did not have crazy overpowered mobs, and was semi rewarding.

Abyss on the other hand, i am only in act 4, but i am so bored of looking at jewels and belts, yes they are new and different, but very unrewarding at the moment, and far to plentiful.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
ya i feel like the belts and jewels are far too plentiful right now. i saved em all since i began and at act 4 i have 3/4 of a stash full.

the mods on them seem pretty interesting though, so it'll be fun to see what we can get in the end game.

the encounters though are super awesome. very very fun and sometimes extremely challenging. i've only gotten troves so far but its pretty great thus far.
I wanted to make a thread saying I love the new content but figured I'd just say it here.
gg, GGG! <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info