3.1.0 Hotfix 1

3.1.0 Hotfix 1 Patch Notes
  • Fixed an instance crash that occurred by linking mystery boxes in chat.
  • Fixed an instance crash with the 'Queen of the Sands' quest.
  • Fixed an instance crash with Cremation when used with a Spell Totem. The game client may continue to experience crashes until we restart the servers and update clients.
  • Fixed a bug where Wicker Man Spectres would not move if they did not have a target.
  • Fixed a bug where Cold Snap supported by Spell Cascade wasn't dealing damage.

Last bumped on Dec 9, 2017, 10:57:08 AM
Cool
With such a fast turnaround time, I have to wonder... were these issues you already knew about, or just those that were discovered since 3.1 launch?
Bam! And the dirt is gone!
guild stash is gone out of hideouts also
"
codetaku wrote:
With such a fast turnaround time, I have to wonder... were these issues you already knew about, or just those that were discovered since 3.1 launch?

On release day, as a developer, you literally sit there and wait for these to come in, then fix them. It's kind of like a super crunch time. So, they were doing nothing but waiting for them to show up, to fix them.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
codetaku wrote:

On release day, as a developer, you literally sit there and wait for these to come in, then fix them. It's kind of like a super crunch time. So, they were doing nothing but waiting for them to show up, to fix them.

I've never been a developer for a major video game, but I do releases for other software and... when we catch bugs on launch day for a new thing, we just revert, because it's totally infeasible to deploy a fix to world just a few hours after discovering a bug
"
codetaku wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
codetaku wrote:

I've never been a developer for a major video game, but I do releases for other software and... when we catch bugs on launch day for a new thing, we just revert, because it's totally infeasible to deploy a fix to world just a few hours after discovering a bug

Sometimes so. Sometimes not. It really depends on a whole bunch of things, like, say, "can you force everyone to update by taking the realm down" and all. You can totally roll forward on a service used by billions, though. If your company has the will, and I completely understand that not all do, and not all can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info