Xbox AFK Traders

The subject outlines my biggest issue with the game right now. There is a large number of people who have items to trade and are AFK for hours or days.

9 times out of 10 when I put in a trade request there isn't a response for hours, and it can be really annoying trying to get something very trivial (even when offering 4 times the price).

My suggestions to get around this issue are either 1.) implement some sort of AFK feature that shows on an item in the trade board, or 2.) increase the number of concurrent trade requests I can have.

If I could have double or triple the open trade requests I could put in many offers and when I get a response remove the others.
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2017, 8:40:25 PM
"
MarginalDeath wrote:
The subject outlines my biggest issue with the game right now. There is a large number of people who have items to trade and are AFK for hours or days.

You are probably offering to little or trying to be to funny.

When someone offer 10 chaos stacks with 1 chaos in each stack for kaoms heart, then i gotta be funny back and let you relaise yourself that i dont want, and let you pick up your own 10 stacks with 1 in each.

another example, if i would play a map and get an offer i dont like, then im definately not gonna leave the map to deny.

last thing, the season is basicly done, so ppl probably dont care enough atm.
Better to bring good items to standard than currencys, for eventual future build testing.
I completely agree with this. I think the easiest solution though would be to just add a buyout feature so the seller doesn't have to confirm the purchase.
"
MarginalDeath wrote:
If I could have double or triple the open trade requests I could put in many offers and when I get a response remove the others.

This is the solution we need.

Actually I'm afk trading a lot, and I do it with reason. I'm flipping currency, and people only would buy stuff from online players. I do something else, and every half hours, I tap my phone (xbox remote app), and my game stays online. (I'm not even touching the controller, sometimes I do this from a different room)

Sorry, but this is the kind of trade system GGG provided us with. improvise. adapt. overcome.
I AFK on the weekend sometimes while I do other stuff. I assume most people use the on-line only filter, so I need to be on-line even if I am not playing. That said, typically an hour is all anyone ever has to wait as long as their offer is reasonable. Lowballers (I price all my stuff) can wait until I am going to the trade board for another reason.

Labs is the other reason it might take a while, those things are not fast.
"
I completely agree with this. I think the easiest solution though would be to just add a buyout feature so the seller doesn't have to confirm the purchase.

This is why I don't play PoE much anymore and also why I won't be spending any money on packs or cosmetics.

I tested the trade board again a few weeks ago and had nothing but lousy results. I did 5 trades where I put the asking amount in the buy window and waited. I made sure I did on-line only and all 5 simply ignored or never accepted the trade offer. I understand if someone makes a lousy offer, but I was offering exactly what they were requesting whether it was 5 Chaos or 20 Chaos with zero acceptance. I never tried any of the high end stuff as I just get frustrated with this lousy system we have.

Every other MMO I have EVER played has a simple buyout system that makes it easy on everyone. Put your asking price in and if I offer that, then make it an instant buyout. It ruins the game for me if I have to then wait for every offer I made to ignore me completely and NEVER accept.

If PoE ever fixes this and makes it right I would make it my primary game hands down, as it is I play it as a self found and enjoy it every once in awhile but not as much as I would like to. =(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info