3.1: RIP Reflect. Long Live Clear Speed Meta.

Reflect is being changed to be a mechanic that can be outplayed like Volatile (as confirmed by Rory) on Ziggy's podcast...

Hope you got your super secret clear speed builds ready to go for 3.1!!
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2017, 8:11:29 AM
yeah cos every speedclear build just being elementalist scion wouldve been so much better :D
Wait, anyone actually gave a shit about reflect rares since they changed it from being an aura?
"
Miská wrote:
Wait, anyone actually gave a shit about reflect rares since they changed it from being an aura?

they probably would've without VP
Yeah, saw that too. I am pretty sad that it will even be fixed damage, because that means it will be easier the higher the damage is you deal (ideal: oneshot). Definitely not a move into the right direction if you ask me.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Yeah, saw that too. I am pretty sad that it will even be fixed damage, because that means it will be easier the higher the damage is you deal (ideal: oneshot). Definitely not a move into the right direction if you ask me.

yeah but also less threatening the tankier you are.

while it might even end up one or two shotting damage builds. tanky builds will probably be able to just stand in quite a few of them.

so it's still a tradeoff and it rewards awareness which is great

the more telegraphed and reactive they make dangerous stuff, the better for the game.

reflect was unhealthy design. it didn't reward good mechanical play, it just severely punished certain builds.

I'M not saying there don't need to be stuff that specifically counter glasscannon builds, but the old reflect was a very sloppy design for that.
"
shaunika90 wrote:
the more telegraphed and reactive they make dangerous stuff, the better for the game.

Now that you put it like that... that is something I would definitely agree with. But they could still scale it off the damage.

BTW, I wonder if this means that totem / golem / summoner / chaos builds will also have to be aware about reflect...?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Who gave a crap about reflect in 3.0 anyway? In 2.6 you needed some nodes + atziris + vinktars to survive it, but in 3.0 some nodes + yugul + atziris was enough most of the time.
Ok, if you had leech. If you didn't have leech you were screwed. So this is actually the right move, because it puts leech and non-leech builds in the same spot
"
Char1983 wrote:

BTW, I wonder if this means that totem / golem / summoner / chaos builds will also have to be aware about reflect...?

almost definitely

This is a very good thing for the game. Only non-leech direct damage builds suffered from reflect. It was just a shitty arbitrary checkbox for build viability and didn’t even affect many speed clearing builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info