An Economy Fix (URGENT)

"
popje wrote:
"
chronsmash wrote:
"
jaav wrote:
There is 100x more players on PC and a lot of bots on pc that drop prices by lot.

Also only part of players has access to put items on trade @xbox.

Xbox has its share of trade bots as well don't be fooled.

Could you prove it? I am certain this isn't a thing.

I can, will I NO.

An educated use of any search engine should point you in the right direction, you can also check [Removed by Support] forums.

A good example would be to post a shaper map fragment on the AH with no price within a few mins of posting ( Broken ass ah, Items take 2-5 mins to show up after adding to a tab) you'll get a hand full of 3c offers. Post the same item but add 0 value chaos price nothing will happen.

I stopped playing the PC version of this game due to that, and still hope to enjoy this game just a bit longer before Path of Bots becomes streamline to the Xbox version as well.

As it stands RMT on the Xbox is out of control if you post high-end items or exalts for trade in one of the various Xbox clubs you'll get pm after pm with offers to buy the item or items for $$$, hell its common to even get dollar amounts with a gamer tag message from the AH.
Last edited by Sam_GGG on Nov 27, 2017, 5:56:45 PM
By D2 you mean Diablo 2 ? Of course it was full of bots its on PC, on xbox its a different story, I have never heard of bots on xbox unless you count that one time I taped a drill to my controller to power level skills on Morrowind. I guess since items have real money value there now an incentive to make bots.

I know there a lot of people farming the auction like mad but I still can't find any evidence that people are botting on xbox, there no API on xbox so it would have to be a nimage recognition software or something.

I'll have to test it myself with shaper fragments, I never noticed any of items getting offers right away continuously.
"
popje wrote:
By D2 you mean Diablo 2 ? Of course it was full of bots its on PC, on xbox its a different story, I have never heard of bots on xbox unless you count that one time I taped a drill to my controller to power level skills on Morrowind. I guess since items have real money value there now an incentive to make bots.

I know there a lot of people farming the auction like mad but I still can't find any evidence that people are botting on xbox, there no API on xbox so it would have to be a nimage recognition software or something.

I'll have to test it myself with shaper fragments, I never noticed any of items getting offers right away continuously.

[Removed by Support] forums.....

As for botting the Xbox version, you have to know what you are looking for to find the who whats and hows, as to why is minimal for now. Guess all you want.

GGG was made aware of it, but I only can guess that showing online numbers are more important to GGG then any other issue.
Last edited by Sam_GGG on Nov 27, 2017, 5:57:23 PM
Solution is not rise drop rate . This will ruin game. But if there is price range like fifa it will fix prices. But if u ask me i dont want this too. İf someone play so much there is should be reward like that items. İf u rise drop rate and everyone get high tier items its gonna be quick boring end game like diablo 3. And game gonna be casual.
Obviously bots are/could be an issue. But that is not the point being made in the OP. Let's not get tangential.

Drop rates are perfect as is.

I believe, more information about relative values will help everyone to price appropriately. For instance, a rare level 30ish evasion gloves are NOT worth 5c (crap rolls too)(something I just happened to see last night). Garbage uniques are NOT worth multiple chaos. Chaos orbs are worth approximately 3-4 orbs of alchemy. These are the types of things that people just don't know. You can't blame them. I was likely that way too back when PoE was just 3 acts.

The real question is, and I'm hoping for a response from GGG, what is GGG going to do about it? How are they going to retain paying customers and bring in more revenue/newer players if the in-game economy is completely out of line?

I think we would all like to see GGG weigh in.

A little disappointed that I haven't heard back from GGG.. Especially considering the number of people contributing to this discussion in the Xbox club.

If the plan is to not change anything, that is acceptable too. The point is, we'd all like to hear from GGG about this.
I am unsure what you would expect them to 'Fix'

These prices are determined by the players, if they cant sell it at the amount they want they will either continue to wait for someone to buy it at the amount they want or they will lower the price.

With items having random stats for the most part it would be hard to quantify what is considered "too" much for a price
I am most certain that they will polish the trade board.
I have been playing PoE long enough to know this.

What is the indicator?

They created their own item indexer on the website not too long ago.
It won't be long until we see specific filter options on the trade board.

As for the economy, that's out of GGGs hand. It's the individuals who are fucking idiots for posting Goldrims at 30c, and Tabulas for 60c, etc.

All you can do is send them an offer and negotiate prices.
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
And that's where I disagree Naar. I agree they are idiots (meaning ignorant, not as an insult). Ignorance is solved with knowledge and information. And that is completely within GGG's control.
There is one simple fix for trading, make first tab free for trading items for all players.
So just not small % of players will offer items for sell.

But still biggest economy fix would be spend few days on auction house improvements, filter, search, order by, links, show only items with fixed price, buy by exact amount instantly..
Not sure why GGG completely ignores this problem, it's been 3.5months and nothing has done with it. I haven't been in game for a month, but probably game is depopulated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info