An Economy Fix (URGENT)

At times, I would rather jam forks into my eyes than search the trade board for rares. There has to be a better way to search for items other than by base item type/class. This headache of a system also makes it difficult to sell such rares because all too many players get burnt out after looking through 5 pages of listed and unwanted garbage. I don't have a fix for this, I just know it needs a serious overhaul.

My primary concern is the current state of the in-game economy on Xbox.

This game has a beautiful free market microeconomy. However for Xbox, it operates far too much like an oligopoly (a few sellers with far more information than buyers). Free market economies work incredibly well (as seen on PC) but only work when both buyers and sellers have all the information (thank you poe.trade). New players to PoE don't have the years of experience on PC to know what fair value is (or an equilibrium price if we're using economic terms). Overpriced items and currencies are discouraging new players from participating in PoE and its economy. It is in everyone's (especially GGG's) best interest if we can provide new players with more information. I would suggest attaching suggested values (like ARVs) to uniques. Or perhaps setting price ceilings. Or showing players some of the online tools the PC PoE community has created. Or some combination of these. I don't have enough information to provide the perfect solution.

Obviously the Xbox economy is going to be different than the PC economy. I'd be shocked if it wasn't. But uniques listed at 2000% more than the going rate on PC is criminal. You could argue that fewer players means fewer uniques so their values go up. By that same logic, the commodities that we use as currency are also rarer and therefore their values go up, and should rise at the same rate. Therefore, we SHOULD see a similar market to that which we see on PC. But because new players don't have all the information, sellers (especially those with experience) can manipulate the market. Discouraged players have stopped playing because they cannot afford to buy what they want. If they are anything like I was, I played for several years before I decided to support GGG by making pruchasing microtransactions. GGG has EVERY motivation to find a fix for this.

Less than 1% of people playing/played PoE have even gotten to end-game mapping. Yes, I imagine a large number of those people were overwhelmed with the mechanics and massive skill tree. But there's no way that we didn't lose a large number of players because this economy is in such disequilibrium.

I love PoE. I am ecstatic to see it and play it on Xbox. And I want everyone else who comes to Wraeclast for the first time to enjoy it too. PoE is a cooperative game, not competitive.

GGG, let's work together and find a solution. Please let me know how I can assist. The sooner we can fix this, the less players we might lose.

Thank you for your time,

AllenOnInsulin (Xbox Gamertag)
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2017, 9:29:46 AM
So true. Please fix the marrket. My eyes hurt.
Give example.

My experience is that alteration and chromatics got very high value, but they are actually very slow to farm yourself, jeweller got standed value even tho they are easy to farm yourself.
And some fairly common uniqs got to high value because of meta rather than rarity.

Getting what you want is a lategame goal not auto included after killing kitava, here is the problem, some builds will do fine with trash gear and four link while other builds is greedy and need specific stuff and knowing wich build is wich is impossible without experience.
All players will fail misserbly few times before you start to understand how the shit works.
One example:
Ngamahu's Flame Abyssal Axe goes for around 2-3c on PC. This same item goes for 3-4ex on Xbox. Even crazier is the fact that 1ex=60c on Xbox.

If Ngamahu is meta, then nobody told the PC community (which I find to be highly doubtful).

There are some things that are fine, I completely agree with that. But waaaaaaay too many things are completely off-base.

If a new player were to find a "budget" build on these forums, there is a decent chance that it is NOT a budget build for Xbox. And quite frankly, that just ain't right. Some new player sees a cool budget build that says it'll only cost him 10c turns out to cost 10ex/600c. That'd be enough to make me quit too, if I hadn't fallen in love with PoE during my years on PC.

I just hate to see something that is so wonderful to me get muddied up with market manipulation and misinformation. You know?

Again, this post is an appeal to GGG to find solutions to the economy disequilibrium and help foster a larger playerbase by providing buyers with more information.
Completely agree.. Its crazy the price of some item. Very annoyng if u don't farm 100 hours for a single item or currency. In this way the xbox version obliges you to pay for buyng currency... Or quit. Need a system that set a cap for the value of an item
There is 100x more players on PC and a lot of bots on pc that drop prices by lot.

Also only part of players has access to put items on trade @xbox.
This is not an excuse.. At least you can increase the drop rate, in this case u can balance the economy.. Because its right, the xbox player are 1/1000 to pc player.. Need a fix. Stop
@jaav
My point exactly! A few sellers with more information than buyers can easily manipulate a market.

Now that the holiday weekend is over, I'm curious to see GGG's thoughts on this.
"
jaav wrote:
There is 100x more players on PC and a lot of bots on pc that drop prices by lot.

Xbox has its share of trade bots as well don't be fooled.
"
chronsmash wrote:
"
jaav wrote:

Xbox has its share of trade bots as well don't be fooled.

Could you prove it ? I am certain this isn't a thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info