Molten Burst and Wildfire interaction.

I'm trying out the Ngamahu's build again with wildfire jewels. I got both of the jewels socketed and have a 3 extra molten strike proj helm equipped, but on the character sheet it says molten burst will only fire 3 projectiles. I swapped out molten strike for cyclone to see if there was any problem with the skill itself but molten strike says it will fire 10 projectiles like it should (4 from jewels, 3 from helm, 3 from the skill).

Do molten strike projectile modifiers work on ngamahu's molten burst or am I wasting my time here?
Last bumped on Nov 24, 2017, 2:22:44 PM
Wildfire affects Molten Strike, not Molten Burst
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Molten Burst is not Molten Strike. Molten Strike enchants/thresh jewels work on Strike, but MB is not Strike, and does not have any thresh jewels or Lab enchants. That said, it's still an easy pseudo-6L bolted onto your Molten Strike damage, especially with Ancestral Call coming up shortly here. Molten Strike > Ancestral Call > Multistrike > (Damage Supports): 9 melee attacks every click, which should trigger at least a couple of Molten Bursts to add to the rest of the Meatball Mardi Gras that is a heavily proj'd-up Molten Strike.
"
1453R wrote:
Molten Burst is not Molten Strike. Molten Strike enchants/thresh jewels work on Strike, but MB is not Strike, and does not have any thresh jewels or Lab enchants. That said, it's still an easy pseudo-6L bolted onto your Molten Strike damage, especially with Ancestral Call coming up shortly here. Molten Strike > Ancestral Call > Multistrike > (Damage Supports): 9 melee attacks every click, which should trigger at least a couple of Molten Bursts to add to the rest of the Meatball Mardi Gras that is a heavily proj'd-up Molten Strike.

Thanks for answering my quesion.

I guess I was wasting my time and currency.
Lab enchant helms tend to hold their value pretty well. it may take you a bit, but you can get your currency back. If not for me mostly bracing myself to make a serious run on Abyss in a couple weeks here I'd probably offer to buy that +3 Meatballs Devoto's from you. I don't have a ton of currency but I've got some. Hell, might do it anyways price-dependent, I've always liked the thought of Meatball Marinade builds but the helm's always been the hard part. What was your cost on it?
molten strike with ngamahu flame is one of the best non crit single target setups you can possibly get. my harby guy is rockin over 5m shaper dps with that very setup. it assumes all balls connect, which they probably won't, but its a comparison number.

i love that build so much its what im going to run in mayhem and abyss. it was super cheap to start, easy, great farmer, great single target, and i completed all content. 10/10 will do again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info