Why Am I Freezing?

I've been playing a Staff Sweep Hierophant using Mind Over Matter + Divine Guidance. I noticed that I appeared to be chilling/freezing more than I would have expected but I hadn't done any real testing to verify that perception. However, I was just doing a Catacombs map and I froze mid-leap for about a second from a shot by a skeleton mage that appeared to do no damage. I'm pretty sure that I wasn't affected by a curse at the time.

Is there some sort of bug which causes my chills/freezes to be based on something other than my Life?

Here are the relevant stats:

4.3K Life
2025/3116 Mana

I'm using Divine Guidance and Mind Over Matter for 40% damage taken from Mana.

The only uniques I'm using are Romira's Banquet and Belt of the Deceiver (which, if that skeleton mage crit, should have made it even less likely that I would freeze).

Any ideas? Am I right in thinking that a low damage hit (such that I didn't even notice the damage) shouldn't be able to freeze my character?
Last bumped on Nov 24, 2017, 3:58:54 PM
Have you turned the heat up in your house?

Did the map have any sort of critter-ailment mod, or a Cold Damage roll? Alternatively, were you getting hit with Frostbite curses from the necromancers? I can't figure why you would be seeing constant freezes as an issue with the defensive stats you've got without some sort of external factor getting involved.
"
1453R wrote:
I can't figure why you would be seeing constant freezes as an issue with the defensive stats you've got without some sort of external factor getting involved.

Auxium, Crystal Belt?!

4300 Life is, unfortunately, not a "high amount" in today's game balance state, so you can reasonably expect to get Frozen in red-tier Maps... but I wouldn't expect that if it barely touches your Life globe for each hit, and if each Freeze lasts a whopping 1000 milliseconds.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
1453R wrote:
I can't figure why you would be seeing constant freezes as an issue with the defensive stats you've got without some sort of external factor getting involved.

Auxium, Crystal Belt?!

4300 Life is, unfortunately, not a "high amount" in today's game balance state, so you can reasonably expect to get Frozen in red-tier Maps... but I wouldn't expect that if it barely touches your Life globe for each hit, and if each Freeze lasts a whopping 1000 milliseconds.

He SPECIFICALLY said he was using Belt of the Deceiver, not Auxium! Also his character tab isn't public so nobody can figure out what his gearing is!

DX<
Thanks.

1453R:

The Map didn't have any cold related or ailment related mod. I might have been hit by Frostbite since the undead summoning creatures (I don't recall the name) were nearby but I didn't notice the curse.

However, since I was just doing a Shore Map with no relevant mods and got frozen by some Sea Witches and I know I wasn't cursed while again taking virtually no damage, I suspect that I wasn't cursed in the Catacombs Map either.

adghar:

As was mentioned, I specified the Unique belt I was using. The rest of the gear shouldn't be relevant as it is a bunch of Rares. I just noticed that I didn't specify I have max resistances (which I do) in the original post if that was why you wanted to see the rest of the gear.

I was unaware that my character tab wasn't public; I don't think any of the rest of the gear is relevant but if you like I can change the setting (assuming I can do so with the Steam client).

So, worth reporting a potential bug?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info