Feedback after a few hundred hours of play.

Ability to move the large map.

When you press down on the D pad it would be nice if you could move that map around so it is not centered on top of your character. You could do something like holding left trigger and using the right thumb stick to move it while it is open. I like keeping that map up but sometimes in a big fight it really gets in the way. The minimap is just too small and out of the way to really work well for my tastes.

Remove the option to press A on stuff that you can't interact with. For example when going into a friend's hideout. I often have problems being able to select things I want such as an NPC because it's standing close to a crafting table that I can't even access because it belongs to a friend but it still gets auto targeted and has the press A to interact thing. I know you can use the right thumbstick to help but it is still annoying.

Have the auto targeting when in towns default to things like the the way points, vendors and stash/market board. It's really annoying having to try and find the sweet spot with the right thumb stick so that you can target the market board in a big pile of players. On a second thought, it would be really nice to just have a market board that you can put in your hideout.

Add another tab to the top of the UI next to Cosmetics or Atlas/World Map that will show you the last 10 offers that you've had on market place items and the option to accept or decline.

This may have been said, but when on the market board, if I press in the right thumb stick to show only online people have it refresh my current search to show only online people. It's really annoying to forget to press the button and filter through all those menus to find what you want to realize that you aren't looking at only online people.

Combat UI

Due to not having a mouse so you can just hover over a mob to see info on it. There really needs to be a better way to see the affects on a rare NPC. I've noticed that some affects are highlighted a different color. That should be used more. Things like elemental and physical reflect are frequently 1 hit kills on players using crit builds. Not being able to look at the affects on a rare NPC to see if it has a reflect on it is extremely terrible. It would even be nice if a Rare NPC has a reflect of any kind that instead of the whole NPC being gold it could be red.

Friends UI

When you press the menu button it brings up the Menu window with your Group. It would be nice if below that it would show your xbox live friends who are playing PoE currently so that you could jump into their hideout or just join their existing group if they have it selected to allow. There is a toggle for allow friends to join group but no way to see a group that your friends are in or any way to try and join them without pulling up the xbox dashboard and inviting them to game.

Also make it so if they have the toggle on so that you can join their group. If they aren't in a group then you can join on them, and it just creates a group.

Loot system

It would be nice if you are using a loot filter and in a party with permanent allocation that you don't hear the gongs for loot drop for loot that you can't pick up.

This may have been mentioned before too. A search feature for your inventory tabs. Either for the tab you have open or even better one that would search your whole inventory and return either the name of the first search hit or return a list of tab names that contain the item. Also a highlighting system would be nice as well so it darkens out the things you weren't searching for to easily see what you are after.

/* UPDATE 12/20/2017 */

Aura Button

Due to the limited number of buttons on the xbox version of the game there needs to be an aura button that will activate all active auras currently equipped. You could have it apply them in some random order and if you don't have enough mana to cover it then the last ones in the order aren't activated. At this point we could go in manually and turn off/on the ones that we really needed if for some reason one failed to activate due to lack of manage to cast.

/* UPDATE 1/2/2018 */

Map Changes

Make a version of the map that takes up the top right 1/4th of the screen and has no text on it. The big map is too big to keep open all the time and still be able to see well even when you adjust the sliders for the map. The minimap is too small.

Make it so pressing the down button cycles through multiple options on the map. Pressing down the first time opens the big map. Pressing down again removes all the text next to the map so you can keep it open without the huge block of text from map augments. If you add the above map alternative then pressing down a 3rd time will change to the enhanced minimap. Pressing down a 4th time will close all maps and go back to the original minimap. You could also make it so holding down on the Dpad closes the map after 2 seconds.

Hope some of these ideas are useful. Sorry if I repeated things that others have already said.
Last edited by Rashaka1 on Jan 2, 2018, 12:47:27 PM
Last bumped on Jan 2, 2018, 12:47:54 PM
I have two more additions for feedback. The first may have been mentioned by someone else already, but I feel that it needs to be mentioned again because it is lame...

All inventory windows can use the D pad to navigate around in and due to the nature of the D pad is MUCH faster than trying to use the analog sticks. However when you access the trade board the D pad doesn't work for navigation. The annoying part is when you are used to using the D pad for every other place where you access inventory the first thing that happens when you go to check your offers on gear is that you press right on the D pad which declines the offer someone just made to you. Please change this.

Chests and other containers in the game world. In the PC version chests are not that big of a deal. If one is in your way then you just left click on it and it's no longer an issue. This however is not the same for xbox. It is nearly impossible to click on a chest while in combat on the xbox and due to the nature of how aiming works it feels like your aiming window for ranged characters, especially hunters, is pulled directly toward the chest.

This makes it very difficult to use your skills to kill enemies and gives the NPCs an unfair advantage on getting up to you. PC players do not have this issue. I would like to see chests not block ranged attacks in the xbox version. Honestly it doesn't make sense that a 2 ft tall chest would block ranged attacks anyway and should probably be changed for PC as well.
Great ideas here, Especially the trade tab with the latest offers. GGG PLEASE give us a buyout option on trades so we wont have to wait around anymore.
I would also appreciate an auto sort button for the inventory.
"
Tango_911 wrote:
I would also appreciate an auto sort button for the inventory.

yess, +1
Last edited by popje on Dec 11, 2017, 2:18:04 AM
Updated the post with new ideas.
"

Friends UI

When you press the menu button it brings up the Menu window with your Group. It would be nice if below that it would show your xbox live friends who are playing PoE currently so that you could jump into their hideout or just join their existing group if they have it selected to allow.

Opinion:
All of your other suggestions are amazing, but this one causes me concern. I've seen so many games screw this up and I feel that Path of Exile handles this so well by actually using the XBOX friends list so well. In fact, it is one of the few games that works when you click "Join Game" consistently and without fail (so far for myself).

However, I'd like to add that if you have the 'Allow friends to join', it should remain enabled until you turn it off or leave Path of Exile. There are several situations where a party gets separated, and the option gets turned off automagically by the game. In those cases it is a hassle.

"

... but no way to see a group that your friends are in or any way to try and join them without pulling up the xbox dashboard and inviting them to game...

While there is not a way to see their group, there is a way to join them without going to dashboard and inviting them. Me and my friends do this all the time. Simply pull up the guide, highlight your friend, and click "Join -> Join Game". They must "Allow friends to join group". You only have to invite if they do not have their game open.

"

Also make it so if they have the toggle on so that you can join their group. If they aren't in a group then you can join on them, and it just creates a group.

This already works.

Updated with some more ideas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info