New League mechanics also in perma Leagues! Do it, pls!

Hi exiles,

i wanted to tell you my opinion on the exclusive temp leagues who always screw perma league players.

GGG should implement/activate the new league mechanics also in the perma Leagues like (perma hc/sc) at the start of the new leagues. This would drastically increase the attractiveness to play the perma leagues with all the nice stuff you already have gathered there over the course of years. Iam and others want to play their "old" chars and test stuff out with new league mechanics but dont want to start at zero every league. Many people enjoy that but i dont, well at least not every league. I need some time to chill out and just enjoy the new content of a new league with my gathered gear and chars who i already enjoy to play with.

GGG had an argument that they dont want to do that because they doesnt want to implement op/imbalanced stuff and mechanics into the base game. This argument is complete obscene because, feeled 90% of playerbase, already plays the new leagues through and through and at the end of the league every op gear and wrongly or bug-abused gear merges back into perma leagues anyways! Why dont activate the fun league stuff for everyone (or the rest 10% of players) who dont want to start at zero with every league. GGG could just enable the league mechanics for the time of a new league in ther perma leagues too. This wouldnt change anything, only that the few people who almost never start new leagues (because they want to play/finish/enjoy their 'old' chars) can also enjoy the new content. At the end of the new leagues GGG could then just remove or deactivate the mechanics again after they have "evaluated" the league mechanics.

I hope this was not too confusing but i really want that the perma leagues get some love too, all the cool gear/items and currency gathered in the new leagues eventually get into the perma leagues anyways, just enable the new league mechanics for everyone then.
=Licht ist Leben=
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2017, 3:27:09 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Quote original post
"
Hruthgard wrote:
Hi exiles,

i wanted to tell you my opinion on the exclusive temp leagues who always screw perma league players.

GGG should implement/activate the new league mechanics also in the perma Leagues like (perma hc/sc) at the start of the new leagues. This would drastically increase the attractiveness to play the perma leagues with all the nice stuff you already have gathered there over the course of years. Iam and others want to play their "old" chars and test stuff out with new league mechanics but dont want to start at zero every league. Many people enjoy that but i dont, well at least not every league. I need some time to chill out and just enjoy the new content of a new league with my gathered gear and chars who i already enjoy to play with.

GGG had an argument that they dont want to do that because they doesnt want to implement op/imbalanced stuff and mechanics into the base game. This argument is complete obscene because, feeled 90% of playerbase, already plays the new leagues through and through and at the end of the league every op gear and wrongly or bug-abused gear merges back into perma leagues anyways! Why dont activate the fun league stuff for everyone (or the rest 10% of players) who dont want to start at zero with every league. GGG could just enable the league mechanics for the time of a new league in ther perma leagues too. This wouldnt change anything, only that the few people who almost never start new leagues (because they want to play/finish/enjoy their 'old' chars) can also enjoy the new content. At the end of the new leagues GGG could then just remove or deactivate the mechanics again after they have "evaluated" the league mechanics.

I hope this was not too confusing but i really want that the perma leagues get some love too, all the cool gear/items and currency gathered in the new leagues eventually get into the perma leagues anyways, just enable the new league mechanics for everyone then.

I'm backing this to 100%. Totally agree, this should have been done 3 years ago.
IGN: @Grantdead
Its certainly worth considering
I dont see any any key!
I'm mixed, honestly.

As much as I like the crap I've accumulated on standard, sorting through 250 'read only' stash tabs just to sort them is a task I simply refuse to tackle, even to build the super-beast new toon and stomp endgame at level 3.

The leagues are intended as fresh starts, and to test mechanics for later potential addition to the core game (as Prophecy and Essence are now). Some of the harbinger stuff will port over (it's clear what will just from looking at the new currency tab). Legacy was just too intensive and talisman as well so one got discontinued entirely and another limited to currency sink (i.e. pointless) Zana mods.

So I play leagues exclusively to enjoy the new content. The only reason I retain toons on standard is to be mules for gear combinations I particularly like.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Old leagues in form of leaguestones (watered-down version of league) - YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (also would be nice to see same mechanic during league)

New league - no ty. That would ruin everything, simply there would not be enough players playing league to balance downsides of current trading. Also how such a league would be balanced. Now we have a nice trade-off, you start again without legacy gear so league can be fun and rewarding. But how it would look like on standard? Balance league mechanic towards legacy gear?

You simply can't make funny and rewarding league and give it to standard because that would be broken. Try to imagine combining breach league stone with something like breach league and legacy quantity/rarity gear, that would result in broken economy. No new player could achive anything as everything would cost thousands of exalts while nobody would even bother to sell good enough gear (why waste time selling something for 1ex if you already have 5k exalts and few mirrors).
Last edited by karoollll2534 on Nov 21, 2017, 3:27:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info