Crematorium boss

This map is a very common Zana mission and I don't recall ever having an issue killing the boss. I'm a bit baffled by this gear check talk since my gear would often be considered crap by forum standards.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
torturo wrote:
In this fight, the player have to be focused mostly on the levers, rather than the boss himself. Movement skill is a must.

... or you can just go the simple way and have enough DPS. I guess I deal around 1.5 million DPS against normal bosses (around 1 million against Shaper), and honestly, neither do I focus on the levers nor do I have a movement skill. I just stand in the fire and nuke the boss. VP makes me leech through any damage I take, and the boss cannot regen fast enough to not die within 2-3 seconds.

Great game design :P. Happy to see VP go.

"
g64 wrote:
Any boss with built-in life regen is pure bullshit.

Yep, spot on there.

"How can we reward DPS and speed clear even more?" - "Let's just make something that you cannot kill if your DPS is below threshold X." - "Great idea!"
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Nov 21, 2017, 11:47:09 AM
"
Char1983 wrote:

... or you can just go the simple way and have enough DPS.

Well, that's the other way around...
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Never had much of an issue with this boss and most of my builds suck in end game.

My only quibble is figuring out WTH she went. Usually I just keep all four levers pulled and attack her whenever I stumble across her.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
I actually sympathize with the OP. While a great idea on paper, the way it runs, given how balance is in this game... There's a pretty narrow, steep slope that you'll "struggle" with it, or your DPS ("Gear check" usually means DPS btw, NOT survivability, since DPS is that!) is enough that you burn it down so fast that regen doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

There ARE ways to fix it, though:

• For one, invulnerability periods are the bane of 7-digit instanuke builds. Fire and Fury should become immune to all damage for at least the first second or two after teleporting. This will make her harder for instanuke builds

• Similarly, the regen shouldn't start instantly; this unduly punishes players who weren't ranging her and hence already standing by a lever. (or just hyperfast because it's a hyper clearspeed build

• The regen should stop THE MOMENT the lever is hit; as it stands she continues to regen for the couple seconds it takes for the floor to animate shutting off. If you're not into that obscene DPS territory, you WILL feel the pain of losing so much progress.

• Lastly, a better indicator of the direction Fire and Fire went would be good, such as always, during that initial 2-second invulnerability period, launching a projectile attack towards her previous location that she never uses at any other time.

• Another alternative that might work well is to actually have all the grates start OFF, and only turn ON when she teleports; it'd give strong indicators, as well as ensure there's no weird disconnect on the flow of the fight.

In short, an improved flow would work like:

F&F teleports->launches attack, starts up grate->2 second invulnerability, no regen as grate ignites->regens during grating burning->regen stops the moment switch is hit, possible 2-second invulnerability as turnoff animation plays.

"
Char1983 wrote:
"How can we reward DPS and speed clear even more?" - "Let's just make something that you cannot kill if your DPS is below threshold X." - "Great idea!"

Yep, that's the core problem, and sums it up well.

There's too many mechanical changes that just benefit focusing clear speed at all costs, and almost nothing ever comes to reward any other way of building.

The invulnerability periods mechanic I mentioned above is one they need to use more often.

Also, am I the only one that found it funny that the first three 40/40s to reply were the ones pointing out flaws with the mechanic, while those with fewer challenges were those defending it?
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Nov 21, 2017, 4:57:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info