The weirdness of PoE Supporter Packs

So...how does it make any sense that im arguing myself out of buying whole games (AC : Origins,ME : Shadow of War and more) because they're "too expensive", yet when GGG releases new supporter packs i'm like "I'll get the 160$ Pack first and then i gotta figure out how to buy the 480$ pack without my wife noticing" without further consideration? Every time ...

Last bumped on Nov 18, 2017, 5:34:02 PM
It's generally described by the term "addiction". Online games business model revolves about that.
"
tm10067 wrote:
It's generally described by the term "addiction". Online games business model revolves about that.

Geez, no need to get so serious....if i couldnt afford it reasonably, i would never buy it...just wanted to make a comment on how much i like PoE and its content...now im sad
"
tm10067 wrote:

By having the seeker in your suprt titles
you jusy admiyed your addiction.
You know what they say admiting you have a
problem is the best step into healing .
Suport packs look good this time(at least first 2)
I have 783 builds in my poe.planner
I played 3 of those in the last 2 years
Please more 1 shot mechanics so
i reduce it to 1 . Thank you.
Tell your wife that it is a token of appreciation for feeding a entire village in Africa. So she wont get mad. (please don't do this)
"
HollandRoden wrote:
Tell your wife that it is a token of appreciation for feeding a entire village in Africa. So she wont get mad. (please don't do this)

My wife knows what videogames are, we even got to know each other through WoW (shes not much into other games), she'd never believe that kind of story xD
"
kshuxxx wrote:
"
tm10067 wrote:

By having the seeker in your suprt titles
you jusy admiyed your addiction.
You know what they say admiting you have a
problem is the best step into healing .
Suport packs look good this time(at least first 2)

At least I do not deny my addictions :)
Unlike "play through and done" games, path of exile is a hobby in itself. And if it's your favorite hobby you end up looking at your characters for many hours so cosmetic items can be pretty exciting. They change how the game feels, like to me wearing a Demon King Set makes everything my character does seem more brutal.
I wouldn't go internet psychologist and diagnose addictions any more than I would for someone with a skiing hobby buying new gear for like $2k.
I think in hours, not money. If I spend less than $1 per hour of play time, I consider the game a good deal. I spend way less than $1 per hour on PoE.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Marthuk wrote:
"
tm10067 wrote:

Geez, no need to get so serious....

Pretty sure he/she is

a) serious
b) correct

Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info