If GGG doesn't want to fix performance that's ok, but...

Could GGG look into making an option that lowers the amount of visual clutter that happens during boss fights? I've never gotten a character to level 60 prior to 10 acts because I know when I reach any of the end of act bosses my fps dips so low that half the time I die out of nowhere.

Now with 10 acts I have no idea what's going to happen going forward, but I can already tell you going into bosses with no knowledge of how to fight them, AND possibly have 10-15 fps (with lag spikes lowering it even more) does not sound fun when I lose exp when I die.

I will admit half the time I probably die because I'm not familiar with the boss mechanics, but even on the lowest settings the amount of things on screen happening during a boss that does or doesn't damage you is insane.

Think about the dominus fight. First phase there is rain, flags moving, electric generator thing in the middle, mob, unique mobs (with their own spells), and all of your spells.

How about Malachi's fight? First phase has blood worms all over the ground, multiple glyph attacks (with their own moving animations as well) piety using her stuff and constantly transforming, and a hentai tentacle attack. The second phase pushes most of those to happen more often, but then malachi gets his blood shields followed by blood fountains and bigger mobs and I hope you see my point.

It's just really irritating when I can clear areas fine and level fine, but as soon as I get to a minor or major boss I know they'll have attacks that take up the whole screen and have cool graphical effects that I couldn't care less about AND kill my dps. Even worse is the visuals often fail to show the hitbox of the attack (hentai tentacle attack comes to mind) so I get killed not knowing if it was the attack that I lagged through or something else.

Tl;dr: yes I'm bad and my computer is bad, but regular mobbing and fighting bosses are so far apart from each other in terms of pc requirement that it makes me never want to reach late game for fear of losing hours of gained experience.
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2017 4:17:51 PM
They do improve the performance so title is a lie. It may not be at the pace you are happy with but hey, you could get a relevant computer design education, move to New Zealand and work for them and solve that little issue if you wanted.

2) You even admit your computer is bad at the end there. Not even worth reading the rest. When my girlfriend and I first started playing, she didn't have her own computer. She played this on her Dad's laptop that costed a friggin penny with their tv channel offer. It had 2gb of ram, not even sure if it had a dedicated graphics card because I am pretty sure it was like the cheapest AMD APU and was already years out of date before he opened the box, and it ran the game just fine on the lowest settings, better if Runescape mode and edited the ini file. It ran the motherfucker hot as hell but it worked.

If you had a mid ranged computer, something arguably average and the performance is shit sure complain, I can't stand on that leg anymore since I upgraded to a Ryzen 1700 and RX580 8gb desktop from my own crappy laptop this year. You can even argue that they need better clear cut low end options versus middle and high end graphics, I can get behind that. But you have to be clear on your parameters. There is no reason for GGG to design the game to be accommodating for a computer that is twice as old as the game itself. They should be designing it around current and recent low-mid-high end computer setups in mind.

They are always improving the performance, but they can't brute force it to run on crap.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
How about Malachi's fight? [...] a hentai tentacle attack.

Ew?

PS, TL;DR. :P
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
They do improve the performance so title is a lie. It may not be at the pace you are happy with but hey, you could get a relevant computer design education, move to New Zealand and work for them and solve that little issue if you wanted.

2) You even admit your computer is bad at the end there. Not even worth reading the rest. When my girlfriend and I first started playing, she didn't have her own computer. She played this on her Dad's laptop that costed a friggin penny with their tv channel offer. It had 2gb of ram, not even sure if it had a dedicated graphics card because I am pretty sure it was like the cheapest AMD APU and was already years out of date before he opened the box, and it ran the game just fine on the lowest settings, better if Runescape mode and edited the ini file. It ran the motherfucker hot as hell but it worked.

If you had a mid ranged computer, something arguably average and the performance is shit sure complain, I can't stand on that leg anymore since I upgraded to a Ryzen 1700 and RX580 8gb desktop from my own crappy laptop this year. You can even argue that they need better clear cut low end options versus middle and high end graphics, I can get behind that. But you have to be clear on your parameters. There is no reason for GGG to design the game to be accommodating for a computer that is twice as old as the game itself. They should be designing it around current and recent low-mid-high end computer setups in mind.

They are always improving the performance, but they can't brute force it to run on crap.

Instead of this you could simply wrote - buy new computer.
But you missed the point - there are too many things happening on the screen at the same time and in groups it is even worse! Sometimes I cann't see shit what is going on - everything is on fire, explosions everythere, icy/fire rains, dozens of minios and golems, balls flying all around etc!
If you do not see anything how can you fight properly?
So people just spam their skills mindlessly.

Is it OK? Of course not!
Last edited by Apachy on Nov 15, 2017 3:46:48 AM
Title is bull.

In the time i've played the performance improvements have included

A reduction in asset size (way back) alleviating stutter and reducing out of memory errors
Lock step, dx9ex and dx11, more asset reduction, x64, dynamic resolution, just of the top of my head
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Completed 26 ChallengesApachy wrote:
"

Instead of this you could simply wrote - buy new computer.
But you missed the point - there are too many things happening on the screen at the same and in groups it is even worse! Sometimes I cann't see shit what is going on everything is on fire, explosions icy rains, balls flying al around etc.
If you do not see anything how can you fight properly?
So people just spam their skills mindlessly.

Is it OK? Of course not!

See that I can agree with, but bringing up things that are only loosely connected like fps dropping isn't the same issue and that was the main thing I was addressing. And I'd rather go into detail instead of just saying buy a new computer lol like some kind of rich prick. I don't even know how bad their comp is. They just state that it is bad.

Yeah there a shit ton of particles whyher solo or in groups. I honestly don't mind it until you are trying to pull off those nasty maps with a ton of dangerous stuff. And don't get me started how many times I've ripped to volitiles mid Harbinger fights with my minions going ham on the spawns. But OP is arguing that they can't even finish the main ten acts without getting bogged down by the graphics. Seriously? Like malachai is the only flat out terrible one from my experience. The rest only have so much stuff to contend with to keep the boss fights interesting instead of just kill and done. It's not like your mind has to race 5 miles a second to keep up.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Performance improvements are for xbox only, you're in the wrong part of the forum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info