Question from a returning player, regarding currency

Hello everyone! Some background story first: Last time i played was before Ascendance was introduced.

Now for my question: A lot of the currency exchange values has remained the same, but i noticed that Chaos orbs to Exalts orbs are (as of writing) 1ex -> 111 Chaos, last time i played, it was 1ex -> 38 Chaos or so.

I understand this whole, things change and all this stuff, but when i went to the poe.trade to look up items, items are still priced roughly the same in Exalts as they were back when i played, you know 6 links and certain uniques. But.. This means its gonna take me 4 times as long to get the same currency now to get better gear? or am i missing something? It seems absurdly hard to get better gear now that Exalts are at such an insane price, because people didnt seem to accomendate for the prices on items?

Last bumped on Nov 15, 2017, 6:12:55 AM
Chaos has lost value. People don't chaos spam like they used to. They're also not as used for Zana mods. So people have them piled up. Excess supply is creating a decreased value. Don't sweat it. Just don't think the chaos recipe is going to lead you to riches... it's not.
Hello there, thanks for the reply, heh yea, i never really relied on the Chaos recipe, but i never really had anything worth more than 1 exa drop for me :( well, i guess im just gonna play really budget builds for now! :D
Hi,

I had a similar experience a while ago when I returned to the game after being away for several seasons. Back then I was shocked by the prices in Standard, as I was used to pay everthing in chaos and now it was exa.

My tip for you is to start with the new league from scratch with a good budget build and then gain currency while envolving your build. Best to farm uberlab for the first 4 weeks or so. As everbody starts with zero currency it`s somewhat more balanced concerning the chaos to exa value. And you get a lot more out of crafting and trading, specially at the start of the new league. After one to two played leagues you should be fine again concerning your currency in Standard. That`s at least my experience so far.

A great page to check for general feedback on actual currency values is poe ninja.

So dont give up on the game. There are a lot of good budget builds to farm like Zombie SRS, etc. and the new league starts in December!!!

Have fun and keep on grinding ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info