Turmoil farming suggestions

I'm thinking of spending the latter half of the turmoil event farming for yummies and I'd love to hear people's thoughts on how best to farm. Should I try and get to a point where I can do maps? (not my favourite option since I'm a crap racer and only made it to lvl 41 as of this post) Should I just forget about leveling further and go to Act 1 and do breeches and farm shards? Or is it preferable to farm around my own level and collect Perandus coins? Is there a "best" choice for what to farm, and a best choice for what level to do it at?

Look forward to any and all input on this.

(and if these details matter to the choices I should make: my main is a necro witch and I'm thinking of keeping this ranger after the event. To this point I've been playing strictly solo and would rather not have to trade for anything.)
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
Last edited by Foogalicious on Nov 13, 2017, 3:19:05 PM
Last bumped on Nov 14, 2017, 11:35:07 PM
No, that's a terrible idea
"
TravisL wrote:
No, that's a terrible idea

Which one? All of 'em?
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
All of em. Maps will give you by far more yummies than story.
"
IMBrewmaster wrote:
All of em. Maps will give you by far more yummies than story.

Even with the breaches and Perandus popping up everywhere and little chance of me making it to maps before the event is over, I should just put my nose to the grindstone and level up then? Rats. I was hoping there was something more for someone as slow as me to get out of the whole 10 day Turmoil thing.
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
Why don't you try to combine these approaches? Once you are in a interesting farming spot, like blood aqueducts with a good turmoil modifier, stay there and farm. If the modifier changes, move on. Rush areas with uninteresting modifiers. But in general, try to stay close to the monster level. Don't farm if your character is far beyond the zone level.

If your progression is so slow, why don't you try to map up to reach mapping earlier?
It's not a good idea to go to early areas to farm in part because of the drop penalty for currency items. I'm not sure of breach shards count for that, but I'm fairly sure Perandus coins count as currency so might be affected. For every level beyond 2 that you outlevel an area, currency items have a 2.5% reduced chance of dropping. If you are 10 levels over, thats 25% less currency. 30 levels over (as you would be at level 40 going to Act 1 areas), and you're looking at somewhere around 75% reduced drop rate.

I'm facing a similar decision myself if I want to press on. I've only just hit level 55 and am early in Act 7.
"
Phadin wrote:
It's not a good idea to go to early areas to farm in part because of the drop penalty for currency items. I'm not sure of breach shards count for that, but I'm fairly sure Perandus coins count as currency so might be affected. For every level beyond 2 that you outlevel an area, currency items have a 2.5% reduced chance of dropping. If you are 10 levels over, thats 25% less currency. 30 levels over (as you would be at level 40 going to Act 1 areas), and you're looking at somewhere around 75% reduced drop rate.

That's a shame. And jibes with my recent experience: I've already noticed since starting this thread that the Perandus chests drop way more coins the higher the monster/zone level, so it indeed looks like that's not really worth low level farming. Mind you, I was offered something cheap by him about 20 levels ago and then something way expensive in a higher level zone last night. Are his prices determined by your level, zone level, or completely random?

As for breaches, I still wonder whether low level breaches will pop more shards than high level ones. The reasoning would be along these lines: since the number of available in-breach items is so limited at such a low level you are far more likely to get shards. Or not. I dunno. Anecdotally speaking, I do seem to be collecting shards in Turmoil at a better pace than my map-running necromancer does in maps, so "hmmmm".
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info