Life leech thru zombies using Chaos Innoculation

Hi.
I am using chaos innoculation and i am interested if it is possible to do life leech with minions WITHOUT THE BARON?
I watched videos, checked uniques' descriptions, read posts, but havent found any solution. Or maybe i just missed the right ones.

Any suggestion? Many thanks.
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2017, 4:15:44 PM
Shall I expect that after 3.0 patch to maintain an ES based character is very difficult?
Other than specific uniques, there is no life leech from minions to the player.

ES characters are still perfectly viable, and most of the same things work as they used to. You will, however, have a reduced level of ES: down from 18k to around 11k for a "nothing but ES" build.

This change has led many people to conclude, incorrectly, that ES is "dead", when it is simply providing a more reasonable level of defense. The only "dead" thing is the ability to use ES to build a character that can simply stand still in all the mechanics and shrug them off.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:

ES characters are still perfectly viable, and most of the same things work as they used to. You will, however, have a reduced level of ES: down from 18k to around 11k for a "nothing but ES" build.

Thats true for veteran players.

Beginners rarely achieved more than ~12k ES before the great nerf, which translates to about ~8K ES these days. Which isnt enough to survive, if your Ascendancy does not provide you with a build-in regen mechanic to sustain ES or you are going Necro and hide behind a meat wall.

So yeah, ES is dead for beginners and still viable for some niche-builds played by veterans.
"
Orbaal wrote:

Thats true for veteran players.

Beginners rarely achieved more than ~12k ES before the great nerf, which translates to about ~8K ES these days. Which isnt enough to survive, if your Ascendancy does not provide you with a build-in regen mechanic to sustain ES or you are going Necro and hide behind a meat wall.

So yeah, ES is dead for beginners and still viable for some niche-builds played by veterans.

Since when was ES a beginner build in the first place? It's always been recommended as an Advanced Player set-up. What's changed?

ES isn't absolutely crushingly dominant anymore, and GGG tried to push its innate recovery mechanic over CIGRVP "I LEECH 4M DPS TO MY 20k ES POOL AND AM THUS IMMORTAL FOREVER HAHAHAHAAAA!!!" bullshit builds. ES still has the ability to naturally regenerate very quickly if you can briefly avoid damage, it still gets higher overall totals than most life builds, it still provides innate stun resistance. It doesn't ALSO need to be triple a typical life build's health total, able to take Vaal Pact without paying VP's 'No Regen' downside, and possessed of identical leech to life builds via Ghost Reaver.

Did ES need the triple-whammy nerf it got in 3.0.0? Nah, not really. One or two whammies would've likely been sufficient. But I'm starting to get tired of folks proclaiming Za Dess Ahv Eeeh Yess. You can go ES just fine. Hybrid is a thing that exists, you can still CI if you have to, and low-life has always had ES totals hovering around the same EHP as regular life anyways. So fuggoff with this ES-is-dead crap already.

...anyways. Minion leech. So far as I know, the Baron is it. It's an unusual mechanic, and one Baron players like a lot. I really enjoyed my Baron Zombomancer build; if anything else could leech off of golems or SRS or the like, I'm fairly sure we'd've found it and abused it.
"
1453R wrote:

Since when was ES a beginner build in the first place? It's always been recommended as an Advanced Player set-up. What's changed?

Never said it was.

I just concluded, that Hallow_Tears is a beginner, since (s)he started PoE with FoO release.
So I figured its a good thing to put the numbers stated in the previous post in some perspective. A beginners perspective that is - just to spare him/her the frustration.

Thats it, no need to go full retard man ^^

And yes: I do agree that ES needed a nerf, but was overnerfed by a far shot.
And yes, Im salty about this changes, because GGG kept buffing ES for the longest time, then figured its OP and hammered it to the ground.
Which is one of the reasons, why the balancing teams reputation isnt the best - but thats a topic for another day.

Cheers
Summoner builds outside ofore expensive advanced styles like golems are a pretty solid hybrid build now. There is no good reason to try to go full life or es after the recent changes. Mind over matter, Eldritch battery whatever you want to choose in that section is much more viable as a defense for them now. Hell vitality aura used to be all but forgotten and now it is almost near a necessity for a Baron build. Not quite but few more changes and it might be.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Thank you guys.

Yes, i am a beginner.

The Baron is strength based. I mostly spent on intelligence. So i am still trying to find out how to perfect my build/ideas.

Thank you for sharing your ideas.
"
Hollow_Tears wrote:
Thank you guys.

Yes, i am a beginner.

The Baron is strength based. I mostly spent on intelligence. So i am still trying to find out how to perfect my build/ideas.

Thank you for sharing your ideas.

The baron str requirement for maximum effect is likely precisly to prevent ci es instant leech with Vaal Pact, or at least it had to have been pre changes this league.

Baron build is one of the exceptions to the rule of what I was saying. A Baron summoner may be better off going ham on life and strength going to all stuff on the Templar side from the witch starting point. The only way I stacked es on that last league was using Geofri's chest and shaper gloves which give es based on every incriment of str but most of the life pool was actual life.

In fact to be ultra tanky, you would still probably go hybrid using those items, then stacking mind over matter on top of the life and es. May not be the fastest clearing build but would take a lot of work to kill you if built right.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I was running a baron SRS build in Harbinger up to lvl96.

My profile is open, so if you want to take a look at my build - go ahead.
Maybe it helps you to rework your tree or just make the decision, whether you want to go for Baron or not.

I would totally recommend the str/life stacking approach of Baron builds.
I ended up with 7.5K life (if I recall correctly) with general farming gear and about 8.5k life with "serious business" gear.

Its quite tanky, reliable and fast - if you build it right.

Good luck exile :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info