Unwanted book of reform

Hi, I've got a character that I was mucking about with in standard that I haven't played with for quite
a while, I was just looking through my waypoints screen to see if there were any quests I hadn't completed. The bandits quest said that Oak wanted me to give him Alira and Kraityn's amulets.

I went to see Alira and Kraityn, and they both attacked me as soon as I clicked on them (I was given no option to help them). Neither of them dropped an amulet. When I got to Oak, I was given a choice to either help him or kill him. I assumed that it gave me this choice at Oak because I had previously helped him with this toon. Apparently that seems not to be the case however. I decided to kill him, since I thought I'd prefer the 2 passive points to the bonuses that Oak offers.

After having killed him, the quest said to go to town and talk to Eramir to complete the quest. I went to see Eramir, and he had 3 books of reform to choose from, one for each of Oak, Alira, and Kraityn. Apparently I'm supposed to be able to use these books to gain the bandit lord's favour if I want it. But the problem is that I don't. I killed all three of them, and then had to take one of the books to have the quest status set to 'completed'.

Because of the way that the quest played out, I had thought that when I talked to Eramir it would remove Oak's bonuses and give me 2 passive points, but instead it looks like I already had Eramir's bonus and that the only options given to me were to apply one of the bandit lord's sets of bonuses. I guess I just shouldn't have taken any of the books of reform that Eramir was offering.

So now I have a book of reform in my inventory, which I can't vendor, can't destroy, can't put into my stash, and don't want to use. How do I get rid of it?
Last edited by HoneyBadGerMan on Nov 12, 2017, 6:03:24 AM
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2018, 6:33:25 AM
Try clicking on it and using the /destroy chat command.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Ah! That worked. Awesome, thank you!

Gotta say, the way that option for the bandit re-spec played out in game was pretty confusing. I think that could have been done better.
Last edited by HoneyBadGerMan on Nov 12, 2017, 6:05:40 AM
Hi,

I have the same problem but the /destroy chat commande does not work.
It says there is no item on the cursor. but i did put the cursor on the book...

Can someone help further please ? :D
"
Traockl wrote:
It says there is no item on the cursor. but i did put the cursor on the book...

Try the chat command again.

Don't just mouse-over the item; actually pick it up.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I tried this but doesnt work :(
"
Sarno wrote:
Try clicking on it and using the /destroy chat command.

To any one wondering.

Had the same issue until I closed the vendor screen that I was trying to drop the book into. /destroy wouldn't recognise the item.

Close all menus/screens, open your inventory, pickup the book, type /destroy in chat - should work.
"You cannot destroy quest items." ?

nvm, I could drop the book in the temple of atzoatl. :D
Last edited by gehirnchirurg on Dec 10, 2018, 6:56:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info