Speed runs, how?

I see these videos where people beat the game in 4-10 hours. I watched a few but I always see them running past mobs, never killing any trash. How do they level up to beat bosses if they never kill anything?
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2017, 5:01:29 PM
They often find a few particularly dense areas, and they'll skip the more dispersed trash in other zones, then grind a few levels in those efficient areas, then move on. They're generally very experienced players who are comfortable being slightly under-leveled, too.

If you're interested in a four hour video, here's one by RaizQT. :P
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Ahh thanks.
It's not "not killing any trash", it's only farming for exp in selective areas, where the layout of the area is good and the monsters are easy to kill, for example I use a lightning skill and use it solely then I wouldn't want to waste my time on high lightning resisted monsters would I? I run pass them and go to a zone where monsters have next to none lightning res (preferably stupid and slow) and have the maximum clear speed. During progression in an act, this might mean most the the zones I only kill to refill flasks, and only in one zone I stop and farm for exp.

And also, in poe your exp will not be punished when your level is reasonably lower than the zone, in order to get the most exp which means best efficiency, players who likes to race or just simply experienced players tend to keep the char level low during progression, usually 3 levels lower than whatever your current progression zone should be.
Last edited by TravisL on Oct 22, 2017, 5:04:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info