Need help with my Blight Ascendant

Hello there!

So I have been playing Harbinger league off an on for a bit now and I have a char I am fairly happy with. I can farm End Lab pretty easily now and I have done normal Atziri with no real issues.

So now I want to progress further and see if I can get to the harder content in the game with this char.

Firstly I would like to know if anyone has any good tips on how I could improve damage on my Blight skill which is sitting at 8783 damage per second tooltip atm.

Secondly I also would like some tips on gear I should go for when upgrading next pieces in terms of survivability, damage and potentially utility as well.

The chars name is Vapourienne if you wanna check my skilltree and this is my gear atm:

I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2017, 1:43:46 PM
I don't think there is much you can do to improve your offense besides a fitting helmet enchantment. I guess you COULD try to use a Death's Oath, since your tree and Blight + Spreading Rot is perfect for it, but it would make you much weaker defensively.

For survival, you have a much larger margin for optimization, e.g. better life and ES rolls on stuff.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Hey,

Have you considered The Beast Fur Shawl?

If you're willing to give up one of your flasks, Witchfire Brew could help your damage a lot. That would mean juggling things to fit +1 Curses into your build, but I think that's doable.

You're using a different amulet than the one in your post, so I dunno which to comment on.

The helm doesn't have a great base. I'd like to see an Energy Shield implicit.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
get a witchfire brew
get cherrubims
get a breath of the council, so u can use shieldcharge with fortify

gg ez
also try n get dual curse from somewhere,
so u can use temp chains+blas and witchfire

E: also i would replace lightning golem with fire or stone.
since blight reaches max stats quickly and drain doesnt even stack,
i would prefer a little increased dmg over faster stacking.
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
Last edited by MarboroMan on Oct 22, 2017, 12:19:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I have thought of getting a Cherrubim's but I was worried about losing ES as an extra layer of defence but I guess it's worth a try.

Witchfire brew I think I will get as well.

However I need the lightning golem to get enough casts to max out stacks of blight unless maybe it's enough with the added duration of a Breath of the council. I do have one that is not great though so I am worried about losing damage compared to my wand.

Beastfur shawl is also an intriguing option but I am not certain if that would make me too vulnerable to damage.

What would you guys suggest I change to make room for dual curses? Skill tree or getting a doedre's damning? And if changing the tree what should I cut?

I see noone suggesting dropping the Alleleopathy for a real 6-link armor, is that not worth the effort?
"
Sippesan wrote:

I have thought of getting a Cherrubim's but I was worried about losing ES as an extra layer of defence but I guess it's worth a try.

hard thing would be more like getting blue socks for your drain.

"
Sippesan wrote:

However I need the lightning golem to get enough casts to max out stacks of blight unless maybe it's enough with the added duration of a Breath of the council. I do have one that is not great though so I am worried about losing damage compared to my wand.

ur wand is 80 spell dmg.
council is 80 chaos dmg. (atleast)

also dual curse would solve this issue,
because temp chains. <- ez fullstacks and extra deff layer.
worth it.

"
Sippesan wrote:

What would you guys suggest I change to make room for dual curses? Skill tree or getting a doedre's damning? And if changing the tree what should I cut?

maybe not the best option, but with the council, u dont need much move on boots anymore,
because shieldcharge,
could go windscream if passives is too hard.
but personally i would use the rings.
doesnt cost skillpts and rings give u anyway no damg on a blight build (unless essence crafted?
so all u loose is a bit life.
but also i dont know how close your are to the dual passives in your tree.
if its not more then 5-6pts it could be the better option.

"
Sippesan wrote:

I see noone suggesting dropping the Alleleopathy for a real 6-link armor, is that not worth the effort?

the gloves are like a 6L if u consider a lvl20 gem,
(skillgem+lvl3empower+4L)
or a 5 1/2L if u consider a lvl 21 gem.

if u want to keep ED u would also need a staff then for another +3 6L,
so u loose the shield, the deff, the harbinger, shieldcharge and fortify, movement etc pp.
not worth the little dmg increase.
Last edited by MarboroMan on Oct 22, 2017, 3:23:19 PM
Good points.

The wand was 120 spellpower though and not 80 so it was a 400dmg nerf per stack.
But I do feel alot more tanky.
"
Sippesan wrote:
Good points.

...wand was 120 spellpower though and not 80...

yea, forgot to read that implicit :)
Going low life shav’s will net you another 30% more damage from pain attunement and will need less nodes for defense allowing more investment in offense. It’s very effective defensively as well with grace, enfeeble, and the hybrid es/eva nodes in the shadow start area. See my DoedreDogtongue character for an essence drain based example.
There are a few points I see you could get to increase your dps.

As you seem to go the hybrid life/es path, I greatly suggest using a well rolled Carcass Jack, wich can give you upto 50% increased area damage (wich affects both blight and wither in your setup), gives nice resists and life also.
About your amulet, I would suggest to find one with spell damage on it, without loosing much hp or resists (taht could prove costy though).
The Unshattered Will is a great shield, but you can find better rare shields dps wise, those can be expensive though too.

But where I see you could improve more is in your tree really. Instead of going the templar ascendancy route, I would rather take the trickster one, 20% increased damage when not on full ES and and 50% increased recovery of life, mana and es when you kill with DoT is not little gain.

You could think of taking the tree points upto Void Barrier, and would try to get an evasion/es helm and with Carcass Jack that cluster would boost your defense good too.

About your pathing, I guess you overlooked the Corruption cluster north-west on the tree, but for a chaos-based build I'd say it's a must; I'd go to that cluster instead of taking the spell damage nodes from scion's starting point (26% spell damage for 4 points VS 64% damage for your blight and wither or 74% if you take whole cluster).
Beeing there you could think of getting whispers of Doom and have two curses to apply, so you could apply vulnerability, wich gives you a 33% increased damage over time on plus. Rather than using blasphemy, you could use curse on hit with a lvl 1 ball lightning or orb of storms and free mana for another aura, maybe discipline for example. Although that is quite some playing style change... so maybe it's not of your liking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info