Improve my char!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ShadyC/characters

YoloSwagEtc

----------

My character just feels weak. Now, obviously, I'm a little low on defenses. I only have about 4.4k HP, though a decent amount of armour, Fortify, and Enfeeble. I'm wearing a Tabula and an Abyssus, so I don't expect anything outside of what I get.

But all of that aside, I find I also do very little damage. I'm at about... I don't remember, maybe 60k DPS or so? But that's miserably low. I have around 87% crit chance, mid-high 400's crit mult, and a lot of attack speed as well. I'm NOT using Vulnerability, but I also have no room for it with Enfeeble and WM... And honestly, I'm mostly using WM for the mana leech. I've tried Clarity, but I don't have enough max mana to run Enfeeble, Vulnerability, and Clarity.

I really don't know what I'm supposed to do. Even if I magically had Vulnerability (which, actually, I guess Witchfire could grant me), it's not even close to enough. I'm just WAY behind.

I feel like the only real answer is that I don't have a 10 Ex dagger. I've searched for daggers with a minimum of 8% crit and 270 pDPS, and they START at 1 Ex. And for reference, Bino's is 9.45% crit and like 248 pDPS. Maybe I need some 330+ pDPS dagger?

I also wonder if Arakaali's is better than Bino's. It's got a bit more pDPS, but it has a bit less crit.

I just dunno. But I cannot afford fuckall, either. For reference, I'm struggling to save up for 3 Ex for a Xoph's Blood on my main. Only at 1 Ex, and like 10 Chaos.

----

P.S.
I originally wanted to be a Flicker build, but after trying a few things, I feel like it's just an inferior, outdated skill gem. There's no way to make Flicker my trash clearing AND my boss killing. And, frankly, it's just never gonna be the boss killing.

If there's any ideas to main Flicker, that would be great, but I don't expect anything on that front.

I'm considering trying out Lioneye's Glare instead of melee. Might just make everything better, though that also has kinda low base damage... Might be equally unplayable......
Last edited by ShadyC on Oct 21, 2017, 12:25:44 AM
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2017, 3:09:25 AM
didnt spend much time looking at your tree, but your skill gems ALL need to have max quality and lvl 19+... pay the extra currency for lvled gems dont try and level them yourself
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Does it really make that much of a difference for physical skills, though?

Like... Going from 92% to 97& damage effectiveness (or whatever my current level is at) doesn't seem like much. But, rather, getting a dagger that's like 150 pDPS higher in base damage, on the other hand, sounds like where the real DPS increase is.
Inc Crit Dmg and FA aren't the best supports in most cases. Try swapping them out for Inc Crit Strikes and Hypothermia. I saw that you have a little cold damage from your amulet. With the recent changes to chill effect, you should be able to apply chill to anything so Hypothermia should work. If the chills aren't applying, then try Maim, or Ruthless since you should be attacking so fast already.

If you respecc into claws instead of daggers, there is passive leech so you can drop Warlords and on Hatred instead.
In addition, if you switch to Dual Strike instead of Double Strike, there is a threshold jewel that grants splash.

EDIT: Ignore what I said. Just realized you are single-handed.
Last edited by jeerinho on Oct 21, 2017, 2:10:22 AM
"
jeerinho wrote:
Inc Crit Dmg and FA aren't the best supports in most cases. Try swapping them out for Inc Crit Strikes and Hypothermia. I saw that you have a little cold damage from your amulet. With the recent changes to chill effect, you should be able to apply chill to anything so Hypothermia should work. If the chills aren't applying, then try Maim, or Ruthless since you should be attacking so fast already.

If you respecc into claws instead of daggers, there is passive leech so you can drop Warlords and on Hatred instead.

I'll look through Claws, that's probably a good idea.

My Amulet does not give cold damage, though. It gives fire damage! I guess you meant my Ring. But even still, Chill duration would be based on the percentage of the enemy's HP that my cold damage specifically did, right? Wouldn't any Chill be a tiny fraction of a second long?

My crit chance without Inc Crit Strikes is 87%. I already checked, and Inc Crit Dmg is a much (MUCH) bigger DPS increase than Inc Crit Strikes. (I actually find that Inc Crit Strikes is almost never a top choice, in all the crit builds I've ever made.) Basically the same story with Faster Attacks. It usually gives you more than an entire attack per second, which will usually be at least a 33% increase in your final DPS. Ruthless is in my lineup, and I would theoretically swap out Melee Splash for Ruthless for bosses. But I don't really bother with that for maps, and the char's not really ready for other boss content right now.

If I recall correctly, I actually think both FA and Crit Dmg pulled ahead of Melee Physical Damage for DPS gains.
Last edited by ShadyC on Oct 21, 2017, 3:18:15 AM
I switched to Claws, grabbed a decent Allure for now. Put in Vulnerability ;)

I'm wondering if Brutality Support is worth it... It's a huge chunk of More damage, but I cannot deal chaos or ele damage. I'm wondering if losing the poison is worth it, and I'm not really convinced that the poison is worth keeping? It still technically applies a 0 damage poison for the purposes of other effects.

Thoughts?

Also, that being said, I may need Inc Crit Chance gem now since the base crit went down a lot.
Last edited by ShadyC on Oct 21, 2017, 3:14:47 AM
- you're using an outdated skill, but if you don't want to use Blade Flurry or Spectral Throw it's your decision I guess
- your Ascendancy is ineffective. You already have high base crit and are not using poison. You need to replace your weapon with something faster with lower base crit since you're using Abyssus and Assassin + Diamond flask takes care of your crit.
- your passive tree is a mess. Going for dual curse seems extremely wasteful. Take Mind Drinker if you need mana leech. If you can swap to claws that's even better. This dagger tree has more life, more damage and some points left over. Using Hatred instead of a second curse will increase your damage even further and shattering corpses is great for survivability.
- the supports you're using are weak. Your optimal Double Strike links are Multistrike - Melee Phys - Maim - Ruthless - Melee Splash/Added Fire swap. Unless you value mobility above all else in which case keep using Faster Attacks. But then your tree should also be skewed toward attack speed.
- try to get better flasks, Taste of Hate and Lion's Roar are great for both your survivability and damage, though the knockback can be really annoying with namelock skills (which you should not be using anyway, see above)

"
Zed_ wrote:
- you're using an outdated skill, but if you don't want to use Blade Flurry or Spectral Throw it's your decision I guess
- your Ascendancy is ineffective. You already have high base crit and are not using poison. You need to replace your weapon with something faster with lower base crit since you're using Abyssus and Assassin + Diamond flask takes care of your crit.
- your passive tree is a mess. Going for dual curse seems extremely wasteful. Take Mind Drinker if you need mana leech. If you can swap to claws that's even better. This dagger tree has more life, more damage and some points left over. Using Hatred instead of a second curse will increase your damage even further and shattering corpses is great for survivability.
- the supports you're using are weak. Your optimal Double Strike links are Multistrike - Melee Phys - Maim - Ruthless - Melee Splash/Added Fire swap. Unless you value mobility above all else in which case keep using Faster Attacks. But then your tree should also be skewed toward attack speed.
- try to get better flasks, Taste of Hate and Lion's Roar are great for both your survivability and damage, though the knockback can be really annoying with namelock skills (which you should not be using anyway, see above)

Thanks for the time spent!

I guess I forced the Witch Power Charge a little too hard, huh? But at the same time, I dunno... am I just not running 2 curses, then? Only Enfeeble? It seems like whatever I gotta do to run Vulnerability, I should do it, right?

Outside of that, I'll mess around with some stuff based on what you suggested. But I'm kinda broke right now, so the char might get put on hold...
You could run vuln for general mapclear and swap in enfeeble for bosses.

You could also run a witchfire brew flask (blinds enemies and provides lvl 21 vuln curse), then drop vuln gem and replace it with an arctic armor to take less phys dmg and counter abyssus at least a bit.

But honestly you should go for a lot more life. Right now you are sitting at 155% inc life from tree.
Thats not enough, especially not when using abyssus. That thing is murdering you.
Might try a Starkonjas instead. Its dirt cheap, provides some dmg but more importantly tons of life.
Or shoot for at least 180% inc life.

Kudos to you for leveling that char to lvl 87 :)
I guess it can be pretty painful and frustrating every now and then

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info