Safe boss killers for SSF HC?

Kill speed doesn't matter as much as highest chance of survival and low gear dependance.

I'm thinking Juggernaut Molten or Viper Strike for phys-heavy bosses, and some sort of RF for elemental, any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Last bumped on Oct 22, 2017, 4:52:31 AM
SRS?

Baron version is pretty tanky and easy to build.
Works well without Baron and needs next to no gear.
"
Orbaal wrote:
SRS?

Baron version is pretty tanky and easy to build.
Works well without Baron and needs next to no gear.

Baron + good STR gear doesn't seem very easy to get in SSF, or...? Seems to me like you need very good gear for high dmg since you don't have meaningful mitigation or leech, to make that work, but I might be wrong.

Yeah kind of.

But Baron is needed for dmg only and you dont need it to clear bosses up to T14/15.
A Bone Helmet will do, if you dont want to go for guardians and if you dont have a Baron, you dont need to stack as much strength.
Fights will take longer obviously, but thats nothing a decoy totem cant handle.

In terms of mitigation you have to rely on a massive lifepool + good regen (depending on your tree you should end up with at least 8% regen + sulphur flask and other gear options) and your minions serving as meatshield.

Another option would be using a Bone Offering + Vaal Grace for bossfights.
You´d sacrifice dmg again for not using Flesh Offering, but having reliably about 55% block chance (Bone Offering + Staff) does help. Especially when paired with 50% dodge.
Last edited by Orbaal on Oct 20, 2017, 12:47:29 PM
"low" gear dependence? I managed to gear a 12k ES essence drain occultist at league start for just a few hundred chaos, which can tank shaper slams. Not sure if that counts as "low" gear dependence, though.

I would imagine that the tankiest character in PoE right now is the RF energy-shield-based Guardian, but I also have no idea how much it costs to gear.
Not sure what you mean by few hundred chaos, did you roll your gear with chaos, or did you miss the part that I'm asking for SSF mode? I guess Occultist ED is still a decent option since ES gear became easier to craft.

I don't want to be able to tank obvious avoidable one-shots like slams, big flameblasts or phoenix explosions - just everything else that is more reasonable to get hit by.

"
Orbaal wrote:
stuff

Mmm yeah my summoner got pretty much gibbed under 1 second by 0 damage mod Colosseum Daresso coming out of first immune phase, from 9k combined pool os life+ES+mana... though admittedly I didn't have Bone Offering or Decoy up and was saving Vaal Grace for last phase. So sure I could have played that a lot better but I remain skeptical about SRS being a safe build for bosses :D

"
Zed_ wrote:
Kill speed doesn't matter as much as highest chance of survival and low gear dependance.

As others said, SRS. There are a few reasons this is a great choice for your requests:

SRS is a minion skill, which means you can sit at range and have more time to dodge attacks, or otherwise generally stay out of the fire while your minions do the murdering for you.

SRS is a minion skill, which means that their damage is mostly independent of what gear you wear. This means that you can stack defensive stuff, or run around with a level 1 wand, and SRS does the same damage as someone who has a shiny 6xT1 wand with huge damage on it.

SRS is effectively a self-targeting DoT skill: you cast it, and it does damage over the next few seconds. You don't even need, unlike Esssence Drain, to point it at the boss or whatever, it just automatically figures out something useful to hit.

SRS, and summoner in general, have a few nice uniques you can grab, but ... you don't have to in order to be clearing mid-tier maps. Even top tier maps are within reach, without too much heartache, for you.

You can also add skeletons, zombies, or spectres to SRS and have a useful set of enhancements.

SRS also loves the "strength, life, and defense" side of the tree - and because minions gain little to nothing from your personal damage, you can focus on those "not dying" aspects without suffering huge damage loss on the minions.

So ... that. It's a good choice, and probably the most reliable starter. OTOH, the playstyle may not be to everyone's ... well, taste. :)
I am currently playing a life/MoM Hierophant. Will probably switch to SR totems.
This may be close to what you are looking for. It is easy to level (but dont use SR for that), difficult to screw up - lots of options in the passive tree, easy to play, not dependent on hard to get unique gear, lots ehp, can have good armour too if you want that.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Glacial cascade miner (arc, frostbolt, magma orb, as long as the dmg is high), the damage is high enough, and almost all bosses act like idiot in the begining of the fight, kill them during that time and you don't really have to worry about dying, even if you can't, less time you are in combat, safer you are right?
Last edited by TravisL on Oct 21, 2017, 8:58:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info