Still lag and rubber banding issues

Hi
I've just got the new patch and am still experiencing the lag and rubber banding as always, I was hoping this new patch would help but it hasn't. I don't know if this even needs a patch or indeed it needs server side changes but so many have been complaining since the game came out about lag issues whether movement related like shield charge or indeed other types and also rubber banding where you are stood attacking an enemy that takes no damage only to find it is pulled to a different position when the lag catches up and you invariably find that all the damage you didn't know you were taking catches up and causes many deaths.

I think everyone has been very supportive and patient regarding these lag issues and are now getting very tired of the wait to be able to play the game that's stable, and this is before the Xbox x 4K update, I'm concerned that if it can't be played in a stable lag free mannner at the moment then what is that update going to do to the ability to play?
I really hope this resonates with you and the servers will get whatever is needed in order to make this a fun again game to play as to be honest the frustration levels from this lag and rubber banding remove all enjoyment of the game. I would also like to mention the unexpected disconnection errors are still frequently happening, no change there either, very annoying when in a map while using your personal map device or the labyrinth especially.

I am on the London server,
It happens at all times of the day or night
I am on an Xbox one original nor the s
I use a hardwired connection
I have an 80 mb download and 20mb upload connection( verified stats not presumed)
I have an 8ms ping time and 0% packet loss in numerous tests.
I have nothing Else connected to my internet connection while I play and alll other Xbox apps etc have been quit and I am the only one using my internet connection.
My game runs from a Samsung ssd external drive that has much faster access times than the internal drive so it isn't hard drive access times that are causing the issue.
I think that covers most parameters that could help diagnose this issue.

There is no reason I should experience any lag or rubber banding from my side, based on the above information.

I would be most grateful if you could address these issues as clearly they are still happening and neeed attention soon please.

Thank you for your help and understanding as always

Kindest regards
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2017, 9:00:23 AM
It's due to Deterministic lockstep used by default ... and not ablity to change.
Higher ping, spikes to server goes into huge lags to character..
They should allow us to select between deterministic lockstep and client predictive.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Networking_mode
Your network also may be not comptabile with auto selected gateway.

I had this issue on pc(also friends), that were not able to play 1 of EU, gateway(which should be great ping), everyone had problem ith different gatewy.
I fixed it by watching clock when first.one happens.

Today 17mins last hr and around 43mins past hour.

Goto phone... set alarm for 1 min before..

Teleport immediatrly.. unload stuff..

Go back after it spikes in town.

Hack i know but they do say they remove everyone who hasn't connected to instances every 15mins or so.. I wonder if this is cause... maybe they need better hardware as last week it was 15mins past hr and 45mins past hr.. its.moved by a minute or ao.. Diablo NEVER did this on xbone.
"
jaav wrote:
Your network also may be not comptabile with auto selected gateway.

I had this issue on pc(also friends), that were not able to play 1 of EU, gateway(which should be great ping), everyone had problem ith different gatewy.

Hi
Thanks for the reply however I have played over 350 games now and a significant amount use auto selected gateways without this issue and this level,of lag and rubber banding is indeed unique to path of exile therefore I don't believe this is the reason in this case thanks again.
"
shalyn72 wrote:
I fixed it by watching clock when first.one happens.

Today 17mins last hr and around 43mins past hour.

Goto phone... set alarm for 1 min before..

Teleport immediatrly.. unload stuff..

Go back after it spikes in town.

Hack i know but they do say they remove everyone who hasn't connected to instances every 15mins or so.. I wonder if this is cause... maybe they need better hardware as last week it was 15mins past hr and 45mins past hr.. its.moved by a minute or ao.. Diablo NEVER did this on xbone.

Hi thanks for the reply I was attempting what you suggested and within 2 minutes of first logging into the game my first instances of lag and rubber banding occurred and it was between these times you mentioned. Thanks again for the reply

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info